Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Why does every liberal try to pull the Bush card when they in fact have NO IDEA that most of us conservatives were not in favor of spending all that money on wars in the first place?
And strangely, Bush was re-elected. I still can't figure that one out, since most conservatives were so against him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 07:00 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And strangely, Bush was re-elected. I still can't figure that one out, since most conservatives were so against him.
Yeah, funny how all these anti-Bush conservatives we have running around now were walking lock step with the GOP at the time and helped him get re-elected. We couldn't change horses midstream when we had a couple wars going on...

Bunch of transparent hypocritical bastards for the most part.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:03 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
This cracks me up. Libya was none of our business (or NATO's), but we get involved after Obama drags both of his left feet (politically and militarily) and after months of ineptitude (by both NATO & Obama), the rebels are clumsily heading towards victory. So now we are supposed to praise Obama for this? NATO even? Give me a break. Nothing about this endeavor was right and the awkward outcome doesn't make it so. Gloat about something else Obama-supporters - you've got nothing here.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Since the beginning of the Libyan uprising, Fox has consistently characterized the conflict as "Obama's War". Today, they've been calling it "NATO's War". When it's not looking good, it's Obama's, when it's working, it's NATO. Many of the right-wing trolls on this board, as per custom, followed suit and called this Obama's war. Today ironically, they're pretty quiet.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been no American miltary casulties.
Right wing member weighing in on this left wing troll spin post..........I have seen any number of posts on CD by disappointed Obama supporters criticizing him for his failure to live up to his campaign promises and for not only continuing the Bush policies but involving us in a third war (Libya).

Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Since the beginning of the Libyan uprising, Fox has consistently characterized the conflict as "Obama's War". Today, they've been calling it "NATO's War". When it's not looking good, it's Obama's, when it's working, it's NATO. Many of the right-wing trolls on this board, as per custom, followed suit and called this Obama's war. Today ironically, they're pretty quiet.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been no American miltary casulties.
Don't worry, they will change is back if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:

They will never tell the truth no matter what. They hate Obama in every way.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
They always voted for him. What a bunch of hips.......

Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times
Actually it's Sarkosy's and Cameron's war. The French have done the bulk of the work.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:

Do your panties always get in abunch over such trivial things as this? Engaging in a war is about more then not wishing to lose American lives, people die in war, and it does not negate the fact that many innocent people have been killed by our actions in Libya. Clinton may have convinced people that war was okay, as long as we could bomb with impunity from 30,000 feet up.

Don't act like you are scoring Brownie points in this debate by pointing out that no American lives were lost in our war in Libya. War is death, its not made clean and sanitary just because none of our people died, and it does not justify more wars where neither our national interests or American lives are in peril.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Do your panties always get in abunch over such trivial things as this? Engaging in a war is about more then not wishing to lose American lives, people die in war, and it does not negate the fact that many innocent people have been killed by our actions in Libya. Clinton may have convinced people that war was okay, as long as we could bomb with impunity from 30,000 feet up.

Don't act like you are scoring Brownie points in this debate by pointing out that no American lives were lost in our war in Libya. War is death, its not made clean and sanitary just because none of our people died, and it does not justify more wars where neither our national interests or American lives are in peril.
As long as were talking about knotted underwear, Wapasha, I think you had better check yours.

Quaddifi's military had all the heavy weapons. They were using them all to full force as well. The Libyan army was slaughtering hundreds of rebels and innocents alike with their tanks, artillery, and air force. Without NATO's intervention, this slaughter would have increased town by town.

Unlike Sarajevo, where millions of people died before NATO got it's act together, the Libyan military was checked and run to ground before they could kill millions instead of thousands.

War is death, and it is indeed never clean or sanitary. But the world has seen what can happen when one side of a conflict is overwhelmingly equipped and the other is not.

The United States was once in exactly the same position as the Libyan rebels a couple of centuries ago. These folks were just farmers, storekeepers, teachers, and common folk who were sick and tired of oppression. Just like we were.

Our national interests are very much at stake in the middle east and north Africa. The past 10 years should have made this completely apparent to you. We have a lot of mistakes to answer for in this region, but we need no apologies for our actions in Libya. Our response was judicious, proper, and the cause of good will by Libyans at a critical point in their history.

Quddafi was the creator of much of the terrorism that resulted in 9/11, and he is directly responsible for some of it. He is no friend of America and never was. And most importantly, he was a true tyrant to his people.

For the world, America is still the nation of freedom. I saw a Libyan guy on the news last night, celebrating Quaddafi's downfall in Tripoli. He was dancing and kissing and waving our flag in joy. Tell me that something like this is not in our best interests.
The French did the heavy lifting this time, but that guy was kissing Old Glory. Maybe you feel differently, but I was damned proud of my country when I saw that, and it brought a lump to my throat.

These guys wanted wanted to do the job themselves. All they wanted was a little help, and they got it. I hope we can help guide them to a peaceful resolution and a democracy that serves them well in the months to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies