U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 AM

1,852 posts, read 1,562,914 times

Advertisements

http://www2.tbo.com/news/politics/20...res-ar-252458/

Lol 96% clean.

Rick scum just made a crap load of money off the back of gullible conservatives who drank the Kool Aid.

Pat yourself on the back for standing up for the rich.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,913,742 times
Don't call him a fraud until you understand what "Fiscal conservatism", something hijacked by the right wingers, entails. It means that if you spend more to control social issues while the tax payer money is channeled to "friends" (if not just family or self), you're being fiscally conservative.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 AM

2,088 posts, read 2,250,966 times
ha so these tea party "fiscal" conservatives will probably end up costing the state even more money after the cost of implementing the program, training staff, and paying for all the drug tests.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 08-24-2011 at 09:07 AM..

Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 10 days ago)

10,523 posts, read 6,213,049 times
Well, let us study the article some.

The program started in mid July. The article claims that, to date, some 1,000 people have taken the drug test, of which some 2 percent failed.

Now, if there were a total of 1,000 welfare recipients in the state of Florida, then I would agree: waste of money.

However, the program just began. I suspect that, at first, only the truly 'clean' people will step forward to take the drug test. As the months wear on, and more 'have' to take the test to continue their welfare, we will probably see an up-tick in the number of failures.

I think that a good year must pass before results may be properly reviewed and considered.

Of course, it is never too early to start harping about something one is against, anyway.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:57 AM

35,260 posts, read 32,206,769 times
Punishing the poor. How hard is it to **** in a jar? I get tested regularly through work. Maybe it will give that 30 people (so far) a month an incentive to fix their substance abuse problem.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM

1,852 posts, read 1,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, let us study the article some.

The program started in mid July. The article claims that, to date, some 1,000 people have taken the drug test, of which some 2 percent failed.

Now, if there were a total of 1,000 welfare recipients in the state of Florida, then I would agree: waste of money.

However, the program just began. I suspect that, at first, only the truly 'clean' people will step forward to take the drug test. As the months wear on, and more 'have' to take the test to continue their welfare, we will probably see an up-tick in the number of failures.

I think that a good year must pass before results may be properly reviewed and considered.

Of course, it is never too early to start harping about something one is against, anyway.
Yeah....

A bunch of single moms with no dad around will have time to smoke and get high right? I mean they can just take the government cheese and drop the kid over at jaunita momma daddy homeboy crib and go out for the night right?

No...

These single welfare receipts aren't getting high, they're trying to survive.

You, like many on the right believe anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,913,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Punishing the poor. How hard is it to **** in a jar? I get tested regularly through work. Maybe it will give that 30 people (so far) a month an incentive to fix their substance abuse problem.
Thank you for adding evidence to my idea of "Fiscal Conservatism".

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM

66,574 posts, read 33,842,948 times
Quote:
The law, which took effect July 1, requires applicants to pay for their own drug tests. Those who test drug-free are reimbursed by the state, and those who fail cannot receive benefits for a year.

Having begun the drug testing in mid-July, the state Department of Children and Families is still tabulating the results. But at least 1,000 welfare applicants took the drug tests through mid-August, according to the department, which expects at least 1,500 applicants to take the tests monthly.

How many are now not filing?

This is for new applicants only!

This law is working as designed.
I want to see the results of those dropped from existing roles!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 AM

35,260 posts, read 32,206,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Thank you for adding evidence to my idea of "Fiscal Conservatism".
I'm hardly conservative. I voted for "him" but probably won't next time. People on drugs should be given help not money to buy more drugs. If that is your def of conservative then I'll proudly wear it.

When I encounter a beggar I'll offer food not money and most reject it.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:08 AM

66,574 posts, read 33,842,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Welfare drug-testing yields 2 percent positive results | TBO.com

Lol 96% clean.

Rick scum just made a crap load of money off the back of gullible conservatives who drank the Kool Aid.

Pat yourself on the back for standing up for the rich.

So the 4% applying should get a break. That 4% of NEW applicants alone, will pay for the crap load of money, that was coming off the back of gullible conservatives who drank the Bud Lite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies