Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Confused.

I thought Obama eliminated child hunger!

You would think that would be job one, the day after inauguration.

How could there be child hunger after the D-party was incontrol of both houses and owned a sitting president.

Surely you must be mistaken. Please check again there can't possibly be any hungry children in the US. Obama and the D-party is in charge.

Wow, if the money Obama raised for his re-eection was directed to hungry children the problem would be solved. Certainly his 'stash' could be sacrificed for the hungry children. But he better hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Oh... I see... I have to adopt kids because you did?...

I guess donating my old computer equipment to GoodWill isn't good enough...
Hardly.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
I see... No computer... and all thier money goes to food.... I would call that a handout... I thought you despised that?...
People needing to choose between buying computers, or food is now a handout to you? Where on gods earth do you live? Cuba?

What are you trying to do, make children starve so you can get your tax write off and force them to get a job to pay for the computers you expect them to buy?

Again, dont see the stupidity in liberal arguments yet?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Yeah old desktop computers are boat anchors.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Cheaper canned foods, of course it's not healthy but it gives the parent motivation to buy better foods for the kids.

I don't know.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Hardly.
Food and no education... sounds like a handout... I thought you hated that?...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I have two adopted grandchildren. My son (who is a conservative) legally adopted the two children his wife came with. Their biological father was only too happy to sign the papers so he wouldn't have to be legally liable for child support. No, I won't go so far as to say he was a liberal as I don't know.

To answer the OP's question......the Tea Party is not a political party with a platform. It is a loose confederation of people who want Washington to clean up its fiscal house and get the country back on a sound fiscal footing again......nothing more, nothing less. I know it's hard to liberals to understand that but, really, that's what it's all about.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
People needing to choose between buying computers, or food is now a handout to you? Where on gods earth do you live? Cuba?

What are you trying to do, make children starve so you can get your tax write off and force them to get a job to pay for the computers you expect them to buy?

Again, dont see the stupidity in liberal arguments yet?
So... It's all food and no computer... Tax writeoff?... How much would that actually be?... I just made a boatload on that tax writeoff...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
So... It's all food and no computer...
If they are choosing between child hunger, and a computer, then yes, thats the choice. Try to follow along with the thread
Quote:
Tax writeoff?... How much would that actually be?... I just made a boatload on that tax writeoff...
I dont give a rats patute if it was $1.00 If you "really" wanted to help "the poor", you would have given that computer to someone poor.. Not some place that required people to take food off their table in order to BUY it.

Keep spinning away your "help" which doesnt help at all.. I find this humorous

Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have two adopted grandchildren. My son (who is a conservative) legally adopted the two children his wife came with. Their biological father was only too happy to sign the papers so he wouldn't have to be legally liable for child support. No, I won't go so far as to say he was a liberal as I don't know.

To answer the OP's question......the Tea Party is not a political party with a platform. It is a loose confederation of people who want Washington to clean up its fiscal house and get the country back on a sound fiscal footing again......nothing more, nothing less. I know it's hard to liberals to understand that but, really, that's what it's all about.
Good explanation of the tea party. Folks are too caught up in trying to lump them together with this or that. I consider it a bunch of folks fed up with both entrenched parties in DC running the country into the ground joining together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies