Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:16 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's just common sense. Even some conservatives are aware of it.
Just look at the dim-wits who raise to the top in the Republican party - Dan Quayle, GW Bush, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Tim Allen etc, etc.

You can call the Democratic leaders many negative things but one thing you can't say about them is that they're stupid. Al Gore is a smart guy. John Kerry is a smart guy. Bill and Hillary are smart people. Obama is a smart guy.

It's not a coincident that these dumb-as-rock people are consistently raising to the top of the GOP. Common sense tells you it's because these dumb dumbs are actually the brightest ones in the party.
What you posted is an opinion, not a fact.
Al Gore "smart?" LOL. Is that why he got a C- in the subject of Earth Science when he was in college? And is that why G.W. Bush's GPA was higher than D-student John Kerry's?

If Bill Clinton was so "smart," he would not have got himself impeached. He would not have lied under oath (perjury). Lying under oath is stupid thing to do! Obama may be smart (Bill O'Reilly referred to him as "ultra-smart") but he lacks common sense and experience. Your examples of "smart" Democrats is not very impressive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 06:15 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOH Boy, that one would still light 'em up!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:16 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
of course we are .

Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
And yet all those super brains in the DEM party couldnt pass a balanced budget amendment when they had the majority in both the house and the senate.
These elite brains that know more than anyone else couldn't say no to war in Iraq.
These super brains didnt know what the bailout bill contained before voting for it.
Smart does not = common sense. Work with some engineers fresh out of college and you will need no further proof.
The majority of our elected reps are lawyers. Highly educated and assumed intellegent people. Yet they ran this country into the ground.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times

Patriotic Drunk Rednecks - YouTube

Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Patriotic Drunk Rednecks - YouTube[/url]
Gawd!! And what the heck is he driving anyway? It kinda looks like a quad that's been made up to look like a "horse" (WTF)?! Oh yeah, definitely our "best & brightest"!

BTW, has anyone noticed that our conservative friends haven't offered up any "smart folks" from their own camp (although we'll still give 'em Bill Buckley, even though he's dead now)...

Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Gawd!! And what the heck is he driving anyway? It kinda looks like a quad that's been made up to look like a "horse" (WTF)?! Oh yeah, definitely our "best & brightest"!

BTW, has anyone noticed that our conservative friends haven't offered up any "smart folks" from their own camp (although we'll still give 'em Bill Buckley, even though he's dead now)...
A significant number of economists and business leaders are conservative or libertarian. I would exactly call Dick Cheney or Karl Rove dumb either.

And I haven't really seen anything implying that Obama is particularly smart ("corpse men" for example) and Biden is basically Bush with a Northern accent.

Not defending conservatives. A page or two ago I even said that there are more stupid conservatives than stupid liberals. Merely that liberals need to quit congratulating themselves for being oh-so smart.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
A significant number of economists and business leaders are conservative or libertarian. I would exactly call Dick Cheney or Karl Rove dumb either.

And I haven't really seen anything implying that Obama is particularly smart ("corpse men" for example) and Biden is basically Bush with a Northern accent.

Not defending conservatives. A page or two ago I even said that there are more stupid conservatives than stupid liberals. Merely that liberals need to quit congratulating themselves for being oh-so smart.
Well, Obama did graduate Magna ¢um Laude from Harvard Law School (which means the top 10% in his class).

And I dunno that Liberals are "congratulating" themselves, so much as they're just in hysterical disbelief, and saying to conservatives, "Trump, Palin, Perry, O'Donnell, Bachmann, Tea Party "morans", "rural voters" (aka, the aforementioned "drunk rednecks"), man-walked-with-dinosaurs Creationists, "militias", white supremacists, etc. ..... how much lower are you gonna go for voters, and is this really the best y'all can do these days?!!"

Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's just common sense. Even some conservatives are aware of it.
Just look at the dim-wits who raise to the top in the Republican party - Dan Quayle, GW Bush, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Tim Allen etc, etc.

You can call the Democratic leaders many negative things but one thing you can't say about them is that they're stupid. Al Gore is a smart guy. John Kerry is a smart guy. Bill and Hillary are smart people. Obama is a smart guy.

Hell yes!! No Republican could have invented the internet! And Obama is thinking ahead at least seven states, or was it eight? Obama graduated from Harvard!! Bush had to go to Harvard and Yale before he could get his degree -- he's a dumb snot that couldn't make it in one try, I bet. Hillary is not only smart, but brave as well as she landed under sniper fire in Afghanistan (like Rambo). Both she and Obama like to ignore their economists when they are told their plans will fail, because "they know better, and don't like what economists have to say about... economics and stuff!"

Stupid, no they aren't stupid.

Hillarious Hillary;
"We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
"God bless the America we are trying to create."
"I have to confess that it's crossed my mind that you could not be a Republican and a Christian."

She's not stupid! Want more? Hillary Clintonisms - Dumb Hillary Clinton Quotes

OHbama;
"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today"
"There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian,"

He's sharp as a tack! Want more? Obamaisms - Dumb Barack Obama Quotes - Gaffes and Obama-isms

Blood and Gore;
"During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet." < He did too!
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school" -- Maybe he and Obama could study together?
My perrsonal favorite: "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." Yes, he really said that.
"Democrats understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

want more? Algorisms (Al-Gore-isms)
Many are Quayle-isms, but interchangeability is made in the USA

John "I got a booboo in Viet Nam" Kerry;
"I'm fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there's a lot of poetry in it. There's a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you'd better listen to it pretty carefully, 'cause it's important."
"You bet we might have." --Sen. John Kerry, asked if he would have gone to war against Saddam Hussein if he refused to disarm.
"I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it."

The Swift Boat Vets think Kerry is a genius!

And the piece de resistance

Bill "I did not have sex with... (what is her name?) that woman" Clinton;

"I'm frankly very proud of my associates." (Fact: 23 of Clintons associates were jailed or indicted during his presidency, many dozens since)

"I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child." (Fact: No black churches burned in Arkansas when he was a boy.) He must have grown up with Whoopi Goldberg

"Of the people, by the people, for the people ...That's what the Declaration of Independence says." (that's Lincolns' Gettysburg address)

“The international community must take a side, not merely stand between the sides or on the sidelines.” The smart people thought they "got" this one.

Joke: Clinton only recruits interns from: Moorhead, Oral Roberts, Ball State and Bringham Young.

When asked what's wrong with letting local school districts decide how best to spend federal education dollars, President Clinton replied, "because it's not their money"

To believe that one is smarter simply for being a liberal, in and of itself, is stupid. Liberals and Conservatives, Christians and Atheists, Black and White all have the inherent ability to be dumber than the next person just because they are human beings.

However, if we must travel down this road... “Like spoiled, angry children. They rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meets their needs from the cradle to grave.”

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, by Lyle Rossiter, Jr., MD

Old 08-26-2011, 10:57 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's the article that shows studies about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives:
Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today
lol lol lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies