Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you want repealed?
Social Security 14 24.14%
Medicare 15 25.86%
Medicaid 15 25.86%
EPA 29 50.00%
FDA 19 32.76%
FCC 25 43.10%
Dept of Education 39 67.24%
Food Stamps 27 46.55%
Civil Rights Act 22 37.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times

Advertisements

I am looking forward to see how he would change education. Under Perry schools might be forced to teach creationism. He would end abortions and birth control. Repeal gay marriages and rights. Stop those nasty government handouts to the down-and-out and end unemployment compensation. Perry would run the US like a good christian denying care to seniors, the disable, and needy children. He will create plenty of jobs at China-mart, MickeyD's, and the like. Social Security would be privatized with Perry's favorite banks in charge until they totally bankrupt it. One thing for sure, Perry would make the rich one hell of lot richer and the poor even more poor than they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
He will never be sworn in. The hand picked media darling will loose

Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Which of these programs do you want gone?
Obamacare, but it will be Rubio instead of Perry who will be sworn-in.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
I'd prefer to not see Perry sworn in at all.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,229 times
I'm afraid Perry is just too much of an ignorant redneck to be elected considering the number of intelligent independents it requires to win. Unelectable folks....... move on to someone else.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
The very first thing he should say after he takes his oath is "America is open for business again." Then he should do what it takes to make businesses come back that went overseas. The US Chamber of Commerce should be his best bud. In fact, right now on the campaign trail he should be talking to them and taking his case to small business owners in the states he visits.

I'm hoping, if he is elected, first, he tells all of the lawyers in the Justice Department to hand in their resignations. That's his perrogative and he's better off doing it on Day 1 than waiting. Then he should ask Rudy Guiliani to be the Attorney General and hire the right people.

Two, I hope he has a team that will have already gone through the Obama regulations and executive orders and identified which need to go so he can hit the ground running that the US is open for business, again. He doesn't have to wait for Congress to get rid of them (right?) and it would be a good gesture to business.

Then I hope tort reform is his next order of duty since the lawyers are ganging up on him right now, pumping the money to Obama. I believe he has to work with Congress on that. What he did in Texas with his state legislators has doctors flooding into the state to practice there. Maybe it will make more doctors want to be practitioners instead of going into research.

Then if getting rid of onerous regulations and tort reform doesn't hack off the lawyers, I hope he goes for the lawyer jugular with tax simplification. You realize that tax simplification has been promised by every politician for decades but once in office they never make a move on it because the lawyers are the biggest campaign donors along with the unions.

Don't be ridiculous with the Civil Rights Act.

Next on tap is downgrading the EPA. When he submits his budget for EPA to Congress, he can downsize and underfund them. These are the suits now in the regulation business. They are not the people who keep our parks nice and physically protect fish and wildlife. They are the ones when the Gulf Oil Spill first happened had their thumbs up their butt because they are suits not people who actually fix environmental problems.

Then he can totally dismantle the Department of Education and downgrade them to an agency. They can't justify their need to exist. Since they have come into being (they have only been in existence since 1979), our kids competitiveness with the rest of the world has taken a nose dive. Leave education administration to the states. The statistical information they provide now can be done by a smaller group of people. It will make the red tape for teachers and administrators less burdensome so they can just concentrate on the kids. Like the EPA, he just needs to strip them of funds in the budget he submits to Congress.

Then after the EPA gesture, he needs to clean house in the State Department. I don't trust those guys. He shouldn't, either.

Then he has to tell Congress that they better get appropriations done timely and none of this continuing resolution bs. If they can't get the job done on time, make the budget process a two year deal instead of an annual one. Then he should tell them he wants to see something on his desk to sign related to term limits.

The items on your list involve Congress so I'm thinking we have to wait for the 2012 elections to see who is in control there. In Texas, he has no problem whipping out his veto pen, so if he sees pork, I say whip it out again in the White House.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,427 times
Quote:
What in the world would make you think, Perry - a neocon globalist would repeal any of these programs?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Where's the option for foreign military bases in Korea, Germany, Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, and the rest of the world?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I'm afraid Perry is just too much of an ignorant redneck to be elected considering the number of intelligent independents it requires to win. Unelectable folks....... move on to someone else.
I hear you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies