Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Some of these guys really do believe they are a class unto themselves.

"A congressman from Ohio had cops grab the cameras of constituents during a town hall meeting. Steve Chabot, a Republican, had cell phones and cameras confiscated in order to “prevent an embarrassing Youtube video from making the rounds,” according to Carlos Miller, who runs a blog documenting efforts by the state to stifle the First Amendment rights of photographers..."

Cops Confiscate Cameras at Ohio Congressman
This points out why we need CCW nationwide. If citizens were armed, they could have either shot that cop for attempted armed robbery- which is what it was since the cop was armed and threatening the citizens for their property or they could have forced the cop to leave the premises. I don't know why Americans accept robbery and abuse from people just because they have a badge on. I would have told him "you can have this camera when you pry it from my cold dead fingers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
I don't care who he is see, Republician or not, boot his butt out.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM

785 posts, read 619,057 times
The guy was wrong and shouldn't have done it

Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Somebody that attended this event should file a lawsuit.
It won't do you any good to go that route.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:28 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
He should just charge people to go to his town hall meetings, that's Paul Ryan does.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
His constituents should have boycotted the meeting or turned and faced the wall while he was speaking. Obviously he does not think the Constitution or Bill of Rights apply to him.

They elected him
Second Amendment camera.

How to mount your camera on your gun - YouTube

Old 08-27-2011, 10:58 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Some of these guys really do believe they are a class unto themselves.

"A congressman from Ohio had cops grab the cameras of constituents during a town hall meeting. Steve Chabot, a Republican, had cell phones and cameras confiscated in order to “prevent an embarrassing Youtube video from making the rounds,” according to Carlos Miller, who runs a blog documenting efforts by the state to stifle the First Amendment rights of photographers..."

Cops Confiscate Cameras at Ohio Congressman
What a political idiot!!! I will not be surprised if he looses the next election. Why would he allow news cameras but not people's personal cameras? Inside deal with the news station, a possible political supporter?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
It won't do you any good to go that route.
Quote:
This points out why we need CCW nationwide. If citizens were armed, they could have either shot that cop for attempted armed robbery- which is what it was since the cop was armed and threatening the citizens for their property or they could have forced the cop to leave the premises.
But pulling out your gun and getting yourself shot because your camera was taken away will do you any good?

Don't let your emotions run away with you.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
I agree with everyone here (except Vegas Joe who has seems to have an itchy trigger finger and is just looking for a good excuse to shoot a cop... )

I think eliminating abuse of power by police and other law enforcement is an area where many liberals (like myself) and conservatives agree.

I hope his constituants impose some term limits on this clown and vote him out of office.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't care who he is see, Republician or not, boot his butt out.
I have to apologize for voting for his sorry ass. I will vote for the Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate if I happen to still be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies