Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

54ford - does that sentiment apply to the hyper wealthy that prevent a fair tax system from being implimented in the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most of the religious right I can ignore but these people frighten me. I do not like being frightened.
I have to agree. Even though the likelihood of an abdication of critical thinking skills by a majority of US voters sufficient enough to let these folks assume the reins power is low, the mere contemplation of such an event is scary.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Hmm. The Jews over at NPR have a long history of spewing anti-Christian rhetoric it seems

The Media and Hollywood War Against Christianity
One of the more outrageous examples of anti-Christian ranting was exhibited on the liberal taxpayer funded National Public Radio (NPR). On January 22, 2002, NPR reporter David Kestenbaum "seemed to imply," that the Traditional Values Coalition (TVC), a pro-family ministry was involved in the terrorist anthrax attacks on the nation’s capital.

Here is what the NPR reporter said: "Two of the anthrax letters were sent to Senator Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy, both Democrats. One group who had a gripe with Daschle and Leahy is the Traditional Values Coalition, which before the attacks had issued a press release criticizing the senators for trying to remove the phrase 'so help me God' from the oath."

Kestenbaum then went on to say that TVC had not been contacted by the FBI without bothering to explain why they would have, clearly implying that they might be suspects in the attacks. It took NPR a full year to apologize for that slanderous report.

"No one told our reporter that the Traditional Values Coalition was a suspect in the anthrax mailing," their apology stated, adding that "no facts were available then or since to suggest that the group has any role in the anthrax mailing."

But that didn't stop NPR from making what amounted to a thinly veiled charge of attempted murder against TVC at the time.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Hmm. The Jews over at NPR have a long history of spewing anti-Christian rhetoric it seems

The Media and Hollywood War Against Christianity
One of the more outrageous examples of anti-Christian ranting was exhibited on the liberal taxpayer funded National Public Radio (NPR). On January 22, 2002, NPR reporter David Kestenbaum "seemed to imply," that the Traditional Values Coalition (TVC), a pro-family ministry was involved in the terrorist anthrax attacks on the nation’s capital.

Here is what the NPR reporter said: "Two of the anthrax letters were sent to Senator Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy, both Democrats. One group who had a gripe with Daschle and Leahy is the Traditional Values Coalition, which before the attacks had issued a press release criticizing the senators for trying to remove the phrase 'so help me God' from the oath."

Kestenbaum then went on to say that TVC had not been contacted by the FBI without bothering to explain why they would have, clearly implying that they might be suspects in the attacks. It took NPR a full year to apologize for that slanderous report.

"No one told our reporter that the Traditional Values Coalition was a suspect in the anthrax mailing," their apology stated, adding that "no facts were available then or since to suggest that the group has any role in the anthrax mailing."

But that didn't stop NPR from making what amounted to a thinly veiled charge of attempted murder against TVC at the time.
Off topic. If you can, pick apart the link in the OP.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:27 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most of the religious right I can ignore but these people frighten me. I do not like being frightened.
No worse than the atheistic fringe that idolizes Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and has the ACLU to do their bidding.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No worse than the atheistic fringe that idolizes Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and has the ACLU to do their bidding.
Here's the ACLU doing some of their bidding:

The ACLU Fights for Christians

Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
An emerging Christian movement that seeks to take dominion over politics, business and culture in preparation for the end times and the return of Jesus, is becoming more of a presence in American politics. The leaders are considered apostles and prophets, gifted by God for this role.

The New Apostolic Reformation: The Evangelicals Engaged In Spiritual Warfare : NPR
Yet again, Christaphobia rears it's ugly head. Anti-Christian bigotry is the only liberally accepted and endorsed bigotry in America. Congrats.

Jesus: Love, pray for, feed, clothe and bless your enemies.

Muhammad: Kill the infidel

Psst, Ray.........................................you're an infidel

Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
I have to agree. Even though the likelihood of an abdication of critical thinking skills by a majority of US voters sufficient enough to let these folks assume the reins power is low, the mere contemplation of such an event is scary.
Ah, the old, "I'm intellectually superior to these knuckle dragging rubes" canard. Elitism and bigotry, all rolled into a neat little Neo Prog package. You go boyfriend.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Interesting that so many righties posted replies yet not one of them could discount the information in the article, in fact most attempted to highjack the thread and ignored the article completely, or of-course stopped by to throw a few insults at those they hate in their typcal childish manner.
Casper

Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Off topic. If you can, pick apart the link in the OP.
No, it's not off-topic to show NPR's history of bigotry against the Christian religion which biases their reportage of evangelical Christians. And picking apart the article is too easy- it's all based on hearsay and opinion, absolutely no facts of anything are provided. For instance, this paragraph-

Quote:
Tabachnick says the movement currently works with a variety of politicians and has a presence in all 50 states. It also has very strong opinions about the direction it wants the country to take. For the past several years, she says, the NAR has run a campaign to reclaim what it calls the "seven mountains of culture" from demonic influence. The "mountains" are arts and entertainment; business; family; government; media; religion; and education.
Fear-base conjecture, rhetoric, and no facts. This Tabachnick person claims NAR - a group no one's ever heard of - works with many politicians, but fails to name these politicians. He says NAR has a presence in all 50 states. So? Most religions in this world probably have "a presence" in all 50 states too.

As far as I can tell NAR does not even have a web presence. I did a search for NAR and came up with National Association of Realtors and National Association of Rocketry. Are these the spiritual terrorists NPR says we need to fear?

Fear-mongering over small, fringe religious groups that's way outside the mainstream is the Left media's specialty, unless it involves Islam, then they tip-toe around it and pretend the elephant doesn't exist. But it's Open Season on all other religions and Christians are fair-game for these elite, fair-minded, and tolerant intellectuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies