Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:36 AM

645 posts, read 1,275,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
What?????
We are still a democracy! Well, a democratic republic.
There is absolutely no comparison of Egypt, Libya or Yemen to the US!!!
Geez.... what a silly analogy.
While we are now a democrazy, that’s not what we’re supposed to be. As set down by our forefathers and outlined in The Constitution, we’re a free constitutional republic. Democrazies are nothing but mob rule, and people’s rights are trampled because mobs rule with emotion over intellect. That’s why it’s supposed to be a free constitutional republic. It’s supposed to keep mobs whipped into an emotional frenzy from passing ridiculous laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Whether it's Mubarak in Egypt, Gaddafi in Libya, Abdullah Saleh in Yemen, in these and other countries liberals enthusiastically cheer on the ousting of these regimes by the "pro-democracy" freedom fighters. Yet when the pro-democracy movement in America, the Tea Party, protests and demonstrates against the Obama regime, liberals smear them and call them everything from racists and Nazis to traitors and terrorists, and call for them to be silenced. What gives? If revolution by pro-Democracy forces is good in the Middle East, then why not in the USA? Is it because the "pro-Democracy" rebels in the Middle East are actually Islamists actively working towards the implementation of Sharia Law in the countries mentioned above? Or is it because liberals hate freedom so much they can't stand the idea of dissent from their God-King Obama? Discuss.
This thread should have been aborted. Obama regime? God-King Obama? Disagreeing with the Tea Partiers is not the same as shooting them in the street. Get back to me when there are actually tens of millions protesting in the middle of downtown in various cities bringing about a halt to daily activities and business. Get back to me when "Dictator" Obama is using the military to shoot and mow down said protesters in the street. Your analogy sucks to the high heaven. In this country, we are allowed freedom of speech or did you forget? You can basically mouth off and b*tch and moan like you usually do on a site like this, and guess what? It doesn't get shut down. Unlike in Libya for example which shut its internet down due to protests. Unlike those other countries we have elections. Yes, thats right real elections. lol. I mean that's how Tea Party supported Republican congressmen got elected to their positions. Lol. That's how President Obama got elected. So I'm still trying to figure out what your malfunction is.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Whether it's Mubarak in Egypt, Gaddafi in Libya, Abdullah Saleh in Yemen, in these and other countries liberals enthusiastically cheer on the ousting of these regimes by the "pro-democracy" freedom fighters. Yet when the pro-democracy movement in America, the Tea Party, protests and demonstrates against the Obama regime, liberals smear them and call them everything from racists and Nazis to traitors and terrorists, and call for them to be silenced. What gives? If revolution by pro-Democracy forces is good in the Middle East, then why not in the USA? Is it because the "pro-Democracy" rebels in the Middle East are actually Islamists actively working towards the implementation of Sharia Law in the countries mentioned above? Or is it because liberals hate freedom so much they can't stand the idea of dissent from their God-King Obama? Discuss.
I would reply but it is OBVIOUS you ar not intersted in actual discussion.
Just another right-winger venting in public.
Casper

Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
I do support the right of the Tea-Party to believe as they believe.

However, supporting their right to have their beliefs doesn't mean I'm not allowed to disagree vocally with them.

As while they have their beliefs, I think they're rather idiotic and too far-right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies