Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 12:26 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yea, pop/beer cans, water bottles and food wrappers aren't "bad' litter. LOL
Yep. And the mommies so quick to denigrate smokers and their "butts" (wh/ are biodegradable, BTW) all use disposable baby diapers, ROFLMAO!!!

A lot of hypocrites out there, it seems . . .

Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
You noticed that too...he's a chameleon all right. Listen, you anti-smokers have successfully gotten it out of restaurants, airplanes, just about any indoor place and yet you continue to whine. This country was founded on tobacco, you cannot produce a deed for public air, so either put your big girl panties on or go buy an island but make sure you ban autos, gas powered lawn equipment and get to your island via sail power....wouldn't want those commercial airliners expelling their extra poisonous fuel over your Jack Lalane utopia, would ya?
NO, but you should. Pollute your own air, but not the public's air. Got it? It is called "respect" and "decency".

Smokers are the most indecent, narsisitic pigs in our society. - AND they know it, but don't give a DAMN about normal, i.e. non-addicted, people.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yep. And the mommies so quick to denigrate smokers and their "butts" (wh/ are biodegradable, BTW) all use disposable baby diapers, ROFLMAO!!!

A lot of hypocrites out there, it seems . . .
Yes, they go by the decscription "smokers". When people start rubbing your face in their soiled diapers, you'll have a valid point, until then, it's just BS .

Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I know one thing....even if you only smoked for one year when you were 18 years old.....medically you are labeled as an ex-smoker.

This happened to my sister-in-law when she was diagnosed with a heart valve problem in her early fifies.....it really ticked her off too.

So much for them saying that if you quit.....within X amount of years you will be as healthy as someone who never smoked.

And........ a little insight as to how they skew some of the stats they come up with too.
You mixing things up . . . It is a scientific fact that if one quits, the effects of smoking are mitigated. There is even a formula that is used by healthcare professionals to give a general idea of how long it will take for the body to revert to pre-smoking state.

What you are referring to is something devised by INSURANCE COMPANIES, whose business it is to deny every possible claim that comes across their desks. Your SIL was the target of insurance company BS.

Last edited by brokensky; 09-04-2011 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: clarification.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
Yes, they go by the decscription "smokers". When people start rubbing your face in their soiled diapers, you'll have a valid point, until then, it's just BS .
Uh, noooooooo. Biodegradable is biodegradable and has nothing to do with poop on my face, or your face, for that matter. However it does have to do with landfills, ecology and disrespect for Mother Earth. Pollution is pollution, my friend, whether it is the result of someone smoking or your being too lazy to wash out your baby's poo and re-use cloth diapers.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Nothing as irritating and disgusting as breathing the filth some p*g spews into the air.
Really? I find people who don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom to be just as filthy . . . and I would much rather breath some smoke than smell someone's flatulence, wh/ is also spewed into the air, and from a much nastier orifice, IMHO.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:36 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
NO, but you should. Pollute your own air, but not the public's air. Got it? It is called "respect" and "decency".

Smokers are the most indecent, narsisitic pigs in our society. - AND they know it, but don't give a DAMN about normal, i.e. non-addicted, people.
No, I don't got it. To get respect and decency you give respect and decency, like simply asking me to put it out or move away (provided I'm not already in a non-smoking area). Come up and call me a pig and skank and you'll get a gigantic puff exhaled straight into your face...got it?

Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I don't understand the smokers who just can't admit they are addicted to it. My one friends who smokes knows this, she hates it and has talked about quitting, but isn't willing to do anything to give it up. We just accept it becasue we all have our "things" but it's stupid to justify it any other way except to say "I'm addicted and therefore can't stop myself". It's the ONLY justification.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't understand the smokers who just can't admit they are addicted to it. My one friends who smokes knows this, she hates it and has talked about quitting, but isn't willing to do anything to give it up. We just accept it becasue we all have our "things" but it's stupid to justify it any other way except to say "I'm addicted and therefore can't stop myself". It's the ONLY justification.
Agree. There are all sorts of programs and even meds out there to help someone quit smoking - since it is an addiction.

I recently read a medical report that stated that nicotine addicition is just as powerful as cocaine addiction. That blew me away! Dang.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:58 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Sorry I know that my opinion is anecdotal.............but I think that the official number is a lowball.............smoking still seems VERY COMMON.

I think that I would put the rate at somewhere between 26-30% just based on the fact that wherever I go there is so many participating in this pathetic, filthy habit.........and the butts everywhere. Yes all over this country there is garbage in the form of ciggie filth.

I live in a building which has 100 people............I am pretty sure that I am one of the few nonsmokers.........the building reeks like a ashtray and just outside the entrance there are filthy butts all over the ground.

I go to an outdoor mall..................... and cannot sit outside........... without being trapped in a filthy cloud of some addicts filth. Walk down the street.......same thing.

U.S. Smoking Rate Still Coming Down

PRINCETON, NJ -- The percentage of U.S. adults saying they smoked cigarettes in the past week, now 21%, is similar to what Gallup found in 2007. However, it represents a decline from earlier this decade, when between 22% and 28% said they smoked, and is among the lowest figures Gallup has recorded in more than six decades of polling on tobacco use in America.
Looks to me like you clearly have a very big axe to grind. Smoking is not a "filthy" habit. That is an artificial concept that has been created by the media. I bet, when camping, you never run up to someone sitting at a campfire and say..."Put out that filthy campfire you people. I don't want to be exposed to your second hand smoke".

Smokers have to contend with the worst kind of discrimination imaginable. And they have no legal recourse. Can you imagine what would happen if any minority was treated as poorly as smokers are? Well, the ACLU would be banging on the door faster than you could say Jack Robinson.

Where I live in the rural Missouri Ozarks the "working class" people almost all smoke - easily 80 percent. Do I care? No, because it's none of my business what other people do.

And no, I am NOT a smoker and never have been. I just believe in freedom. Apparently most non-smokers do not.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies