Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times

Advertisements

Because some people that choose who the candidate will be decided he would be a good choice... guess they didn't listen to him too closely. just did a quick checklist...

1. crazy right wing beliefs - yup
2. Doesn't like gays - yup
3. a religious zealot - yup
4. is a better choice than Sara Palin -- Duh! (So are my dogs but I wouldn't let them run)
5. can say the most absurd things without falling into hysterics --yup

What more do they need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Because it's who fox is propagating at the moment. Just a few months ago Trump was the right's superstar. Then Pawlenty was their guy, then Bachmann was the darling, now Perry. The right are just grasping at anyone with an (R) next to their name, not to mention they obey anything fox tells them.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The right are just grasping at anyone with an (R) next to their name.
Actually the GOP is being introduced to a wealth of serious, interesting candidates, with far more success and executive experience than Obama will ever attain.

Obama was a fluke, a one-off, who sold the country visions of hope and change with cotton-candy clouds and wars miraculously settled just because he said so.

If the GOP is taking it's time gravitating towards a candidate, it's because we'd like to put someone serious in office, not a flake like you folks picked.

With any luck, Obama will disillusion the electorate with liberal nostrums for the next generation.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
DISCLAIMER: I am not asking this as an attack on Perry or anybody else. I'm just wondering how Rick Perry has suddenly become so popular despite not really seeming to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack of Republican presidential candidates except for hair and being from a big, relatively economically-unscathed state. Is it media fascination?

I don't get it.
Because people will believe anything that comes out of politicians' mouths anymore.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:44 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is not a pansy, like Obama and pretty much everyone else in the race.
That puts him right there with GW. Bush.

Not to mention, he is pack'n heat everywhere he goes. Yes, everywhere.

Wow, thanks for reminding me!

If Perry wins the GOP nomination, we get to watch him annihilate BO in the debates!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,329,825 times
Simple. Right Place. Right Time.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not asking this as an attack on Perry or anybody else. I'm just wondering how Rick Perry has suddenly become so popular despite not really seeming to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack of Republican presidential candidates except for hair and being from a big, relatively economically-unscathed state. Is it media fascination?

I don't get it.
Not media fascination...it is media denunciation that has everyone's attention.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
Seems like a lot of liberals are scared of Perry because he will likely trounce Obama in the general. He's a lot closer to what the country needs, an experienced governor of a popular and successful state unlike Obama who had no experience whatsoever for the job he now holds and practices thug politics. The country now realizes the mistake they made by giving this character a job he had no chance of succeeding in and will remove him from office in a little over a year.
As long as he continues to associate himself with the American Taliban, and trying to run his presidency through prayer, while acting no differently than Bush, he has no shot at winning the nomination. Independents will not vote for a more conservatively religious Bush.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:

I don't get it.
Because we are told he is popular.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 PM

146 posts, read 89,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
As long as he continues to associate himself with the American Taliban, and trying to run his presidency through prayer, while acting no differently than Bush, he has no shot at winning the nomination. Independents will not vote for a more conservatively religious Bush.
I'll bet you have no idea what you're talking about. Just liberal talking points you've adopted as your own. This is what I mean by liberals running scared.

"American Taliban"? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies