Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times

Advertisements

I really don't get why people like him. He is quite possibly, the most airbrushed* candidate besides Obama in recent times. The guy is a chameleon, that changes his colors depending on who he is talking to on a particular day. One day he is against illegal immigration and rootin' tootin for Texas while standing in front of a crowd of tea partiers, other times he's saying down with the Fed, end the Fed when he notices people looking at Ron Paul more instead of him. Lastly, he is against illegal immigration when addressing the tea party crowd, but changes his tune to be more amnesty friendly when speaking in front of people attending the National Council of La Raza. Oh yes, my friends. He was a speaker at La Raza. Not gonna brush that under the rug are we? Are you also going to overlook the fact that he endorses in-state tuition for illegal aliens?

Rick Perry. Airbrushed to perfection, just like his progressive conservative British brother David Cameron.

dave the chameleon - YouTube

Change the title to Rick the Chameleon and it's perfect.

*Airbrushing refers to when the Labour Party of the UK went on the attack on David Cameron in an attempt on revealing that he had a lot of political baggage in his past and his strategists simply tried to airbrush over his rough image and polish him into something new and fresh.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 06:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
If you don't know that politicians speak out of two sides of their face by now you'll never learn.

Janus should be the god who governs/patron saint of politicians.

Spoiler

Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If you don't know that politicians speak out of two sides of their face by now you'll never learn.

Janus should be the patron saint of politicians.
I knew that a long time ago. However, the Obama and Perry fans on this board are still falling for their two-sidedness. Especially the Perry fans

Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 PM

People are awfully quiet. No takers? Wow, I must have hurt a lot of feelings. But, as they say, the truth hurts

Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Perry = Texas big oil/pro-amnesty/corporate puppet AKA Bush in a different suit.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Perry = Texas big oil/pro-amnesty/corporate puppet AKA Bush in a different suit.
They are trying to Neocon us again.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
People are awfully quiet. No takers? Wow, I must have hurt a lot of feelings. But, as they say, the truth hurts
I don't think you've hurt anyone's feelings. I do think most people don't care about this issue.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
So we have a Bush( Obama) running against a Bush( Perry) in 2012. That's the two party system for ya.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Cameron would more a Clinton democrat io this country.Even Obama is liberal compared to Tony Blair in foreign affairs.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,098,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I am an a real tussle I really cant stand obamas fiscal policies and i cant help but think he put some really bad advisors in control

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU KEEP GEITNER????
WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU KEEP THE BEARDED GENIUS BERNAKE

how can i possibly get around these issues
I like obama on his social policies although i do not agree with the total hostage take over of healthcare there was not an even balance.

The man did not PRIORITIZE he was on his own course in the ocean of turmoil.

While most of us were tossed around in a sea of raging chaos he forgot about us and tossed us aside.

Now we are slowly washing on shore and he lends a freaking helping hand
little too late man of change.

The rare good person is Rham who is actually turning Chicago around with good positive change. change for better , change for a better business climate, change for better schools Classic example pupil teaching -teacher.
Then you have Perry Goodness can I stomach another 4 or worse 8 years of GW - HELL NO. Him and his lazer pistol twang

where is the sensible candidate we need a fiscal leader who can run this country as a ceo and as a business -get back on a bedrock of mean lean financial success.

its not in either candidate - my mystery man or woman please stand up
Palin get your aspen back in your wigwam and go smoke you peace pipe with bristol and levi . Minnestoa woman Russia is not a threat and God was not punishing people for the earthquake or tropical storm out East

Mr new President where are you!!!!!!
NOT OBAMA
NOT PERRY
NOT PALN
NOT BACHMAN

maybe its the massachusettes guy - whats his name MIT Romney the man of many wives Geez

I say it again mother england take us back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies