U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,152 posts, read 2,561,779 times
Reputation: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Sigh. Where in the world is the "silent" majority being labeled as terrorists, racists, and being told to go to hell by the "liberal" left? Strawman argument here. If anything, the original poster was stating that the CBC was calling for a "war" against the tea party, not the "silent" majority. The Tea Party is no where near the majority. And I see you voted for Obama. You do know this "divide/separate and class warfare" thing has been going on long before President Obama was elected. That issue was already there.

Still, I am curious as to what you mean that you will explode. Spontaneous Human combustion? Or are you implying violence?
Oh and nobody is calling you a racist or a terrorist. Relax.
The silent majority threat the way he is using it means white people are going to explode because of Obama. He is saying get back in your place or we will put you there. Code words just like "I want my country back".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 PM
 
15,851 posts, read 4,778,691 times
Reputation: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The silent majority threat the way he is using it means white people are going to explode because of Obama. He is saying get back in your place or we will put you there. Code words just like "I want my country back".
ROFL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 PM
 
146 posts, read 14,170 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The silent majority threat the way he is using it means white people are going to explode because of Obama. He is saying get back in your place or we will put you there. Code words just like "I want my country back".
Your username and tagline are a bit ironic, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 PM
 
9,378 posts, read 3,190,251 times
Reputation: 2933
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Id rather be black and me anyday than some scared tea party member sitting around mad because I might have to compete on a level playing field. The power will come. Obama wont fight the tea party but we will.

again with the bravado sans facts....

Tea Party members mostly WANT a level playing field.

they actually oppose giving any group special consideration because of race, ethnisity, religion, sex, sexual preference etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
 
15,851 posts, read 4,778,691 times
Reputation: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
again with the bravado sans facts....

Tea Party members mostly WANT a level playing field.

they actually oppose giving any group special consideration because of race, ethnisity, religion, sex, sexual preference etc....
This is exactly what they fear. They don't really want a level playing field, they want the upper hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
 
9,378 posts, read 3,190,251 times
Reputation: 2933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This is exactly what they fear. They don't really want a level playing field, they want the upper hand.
if by "they" you mean those who oppose the Tea Party, then I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:18 PM
 
1,460 posts, read 814,699 times
Reputation: 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The silent majority threat the way he is using it means white people are going to explode because of Obama. He is saying get back in your place or we will put you there. Code words just like "I want my country back".
I'm not white simple simon.. but thanks for thinking that, and me not calling YOU a racist. Being a native american however gives me a reason to think I may want my country back. Especially if the likes of people like you think you own it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
 
15,851 posts, read 4,778,691 times
Reputation: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if by "they" you mean those who oppose the Tea Party, then I agree with you.
Yes, that's what I meant. Didn't mean to confuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,169 posts, read 4,534,802 times
Reputation: 3361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
They are going FOR the best interest of their country and the people who live here, not just a small vocal minority that is screaming because someone wants to cut back on their handouts. They were fairly elected and they're doing what's best for the people in this country.
So you actually believe that the minorities are the only ones being affected? Sorry! Blacks are the ones affected the most by unemployment. What makes you think that others are not? because they are not as vocal? I bet if you lose whatever income that you have and cannot get employment for whatever reason your attitude would be different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM
 
12,904 posts, read 7,256,012 times
Reputation: 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The silent majority threat the way he is using it means white people are going to explode because of Obama. He is saying get back in your place or we will put you there. Code words just like "I want my country back".
or 'take back America'?

Obama Speech - Take Back America - Complete Text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top