U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,169 posts, read 4,836,480 times
Reputation: 3363
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
why do blacks always play the victim?

whites, Hispanics, and Asian are unemployed too. Could you imagine if a White Congressional Caucus declared war on Obama?
Maybe you can explain this:


Figure 3: U.S. Unemployment Rates by Age, Ethnicity, and Educational Attainment
January 2011
CategoryUnemployment Rate
January 2011
Age:All workers (age 16 years and over)9.0% Adult men (age 20 years and over)8.8% Adult women (age 20 years and over)7.9% Teenagers (age 16-19 years)25.7%Ethnicity: Whites8.0% Adult Men9.2% Adult Women7.2% Teenages (16-19 years)23.5%Black/African Americans - All15.7% Adult Men18.4% Adult Women12.9% Teenagers (16-19 years)46.9%Hispanic/Latinos- All11.9% Adult Men13.0% Adult Women11.5% Teenagers (16-19 years)32.9%Asians6.9%Educational Attainment:Total (age 25 years and over)7.6%Less than a high school diploma14.2%High school graduates, no college9.4%Some college or associate degree8.0%Bachelor's degree and higher4.2%


It seems that blacks have a higher unemployment rate across the board, I guess that we should just sit down and be quiet about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 2,700,921 times
Reputation: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why do black people burn their own neighborhoods down when they're majorly upset? That's something i've never understood.
Hell.... ask somebody whose done that. Ive never burned down a neighborhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
 
1,968 posts, read 772,152 times
Reputation: 829
a big part of those disparities are cultural.

why don't us white people hate Asians too?

blacks have a higher high school dropout rate, teen pregnancy rate, incarceration rate, amongst other things that hinder employment. its probably still the white peoples fault though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM
 
16,103 posts, read 5,137,085 times
Reputation: 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post


It seems that blacks have a higher unemployment rate across the board, I guess that we should just sit down and be quiet about it
No, you should get together as a community and keep kids out of gangs and other illegal activities and stress education and see if you can get that graduation % up is what you should really be doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 2,700,921 times
Reputation: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
OH...I'm not silent, in fact I'm a very happy racist. I know where I stand, why I stand for it , and what I'm willing to do. You see the "silent majority" know you. The diffence is, you THINK you know us. And thats just the way we like it. "Bring it on "silent majority".LOLOLOL
This poster proves evetrything Ive ever posted about closet racism and the tea party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
 
27,734 posts, read 8,552,782 times
Reputation: 2907
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Is that all blacks or just that one you know?
The ones who play the victim card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,117 posts, read 1,878,918 times
Reputation: 1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Some people need to grow the hell up, and always be careful what you ask for. There is a silent majority in this country about to explode over this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
No, what I said was if people don't agree with Obama or his policies you are called a teabagger or a racist, and it is getting old. I am neither, and dont like the labels. And your president is a one term president because of it.

Mutual respect can go a long way. Its kind of like imposing a view on someone even if they dont like it, you know..kinda like how christians are blamed for this.
Yeah you did say that. And no, if people don't agree with President Obama's policy and have sound reasoning behind it then its fine. What we have here is a strawman argument when people always come out and say "People always call me a racists or a Teabagger when I don't agree with Obama." Thats wrong. People would call you a racist when you say racially derogatory or prejudice things. People would call you a Teabagger when you spout of Tea Party rhetoric that has no basis in reality. This is very different from just disagreeing with President Obama's policies.

Oh and Mutual respect? Yes it can go a long way, and I have yet to see it in this forum. I tried to be as respectful of people in this forum without resorting to name calling. However, I rarely get the same treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,169 posts, read 4,836,480 times
Reputation: 3363
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why do black people burn their own neighborhoods down when they're majorly upset? That's something i've never understood.

Well since you are generalizing, why do white people deny that there is a racial divide even when the statistics smack them right in the face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Status: "From Now On..He Will Be Called Dingle Barry" (set 13 days ago)
 
22,472 posts, read 9,627,303 times
Reputation: 8249
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Well since you are generalizing, why do white people deny that there is a racial divide even when the statistics smack them right in the face?
Ok, call it generalizing. No problem. But you know as well as I do that when black folks get upset and start burning things, its their own neighborhoods, shops, etc. Why is that? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

PS...who has denied there is a racial divide? That's not a theme that i've witnessed here on the forum, or even in "real" life. I'm not sure where you're coming from with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 2,700,921 times
Reputation: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The ones who play the victim card.
Yeah victims should just shut the f^&& up. Your a victim for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top