Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 PM

329 posts, read 265,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
J
That being we have seen a 2mm sea level rise for the last 7000 years….

http://www.leovanrijn-sediment.com/papers/Sealevelrise.pdf

the Warmists have been screaming about sea level rise for years. All we have seen is a steady rise for 7000 years and no increase even in this most recent warming period since 1980. Yet we hear how things are just awful and getting worse…. Except they aren’t…
Odd link that: who wrote it and where was it published? It only refers to 6 measurement stations all in Europe.

So your mental model seems to be that those stations are a proxy for the whole world. Humm, how likely is that?

Shall we look at recent, global data...
:: Sea-level Rise :: CSIRO & ACECRC ::

CU Sea Level Research Group | University of Colorado

See How much is sea level rising? for a more detailed discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 04:24 PM

58,414 posts, read 26,752,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboblocke View Post
Not quick enough. See my slightly earlier posts.

Does anyone really believe that because there is natural climate change, then man-made climate change is excluded?
are you referring to this, "Don't you realise that mainstream science says that climate change is a combination of natural climate change with a man-made trend as well?"

Are these the same "scientist" that were caught in the email scandal""?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
nope. not gonna bite your rotten apple. you wanted to play, lets play!

if Tiljander and Yamal are "criptic" then you dont have a clue.

I suspect you do have a clue and just want to pander.

nopenopenope.

you gots good tricks. explain Mikes! LOL!
This is a public discussion board, so it would be courteous of you to explain what you mean to those who don't know. I know that CA got all excited about it years ago, but I didn't pay attention as it was just a distraction tactic wasn't it? You know: look over here and ignore what's happening now... oh I see you're doing the same thing.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:37 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,628,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryzinc View Post
those who dont believe in global warming utilize when they are forced to flee and will they still acknowledge it at that point or blame it on "cycles"?
Most of the human population on earth already lives closer to the equator, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn. Ask yourself why people move to Florida.... cuz it's warm there. We live where it is warm, we hate the cold as a species, so a warmer planet will be a much better planet for human kind.

Besides, if the planet decides it's time for getting cooler, or warmer, what are poor little you and me going to do about it?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
are you referring to this, "Don't you realise that mainstream science says that climate change is a combination of natural climate change with a man-made trend as well?"

Are these the same "scientist" that were caught in the email scandal""?
Oh dear not another "Climategate" believer? Everytime they're cleared of wrongdoing it's just another "whitewash" or proof of how wide the conspiracy is. But you're changing the subject.

What do you think that mainstream science says. Are you suggesting that the mainstream position is that natural climate change switched off and AGW took over? Really?

Well let's see what the IPCC had to say about it in 2007:
The observed widespread warming of the atmosphere and ocean, together with ice mass loss, support the conclusion that it is extremely unlikely that global climate change of the past 50 years can be explained without external forcing, and very likely that it is not due to known natural causes alone.

Understanding and Attributing Climate Change - AR4 WGI Summary for Policymakers

Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,797,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboblocke View Post
Oh dear not another "Climategate" believer? Everytime they're cleared of wrongdoing it's just another "whitewash" or proof of how wide the conspiracy is. But you're changing the subject.

What do you think that mainstream science says. Are you suggesting that the mainstream position is that natural climate change switched off and AGW took over? Really?

Well let's see what the IPCC had to say about it in 2007:
The observed widespread warming of the atmosphere and ocean, together with ice mass loss, support the conclusion that it is extremely unlikely that global climate change of the past 50 years can be explained without external forcing, and very likely that it is not due to known natural causes alone.

Understanding and Attributing Climate Change - AR4 WGI Summary for Policymakers
I'm a latecomer to the party. but the IPCC has been discredited several times already, as was the person who first originally made the polar bear the logo of the climate change debacle

Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,338,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Most of the human population on earth already lives closer to the equator, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn. Ask yourself why people move to Florida.... cuz it's warm there. We live where it is warm, we hate the cold as a species, so a warmer planet will be a much better planet for human kind.

Besides, if the planet decides it's time for getting cooler, or warmer, what are poor little you and me going to do about it?
Speak for yourself. I happen to love the cold, snow, and ice. If I did not have to work in Anchorage, I would be living north of the Arctic Circle by now.

I have a theory why people migrate to Florida: They are seeking mass suicide! The next big hurricane to hit Florida will send a tidal surge covering the entire State, wiping out millions. Florida is, after all, just one big flat sandbar.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Even with the fundamental premise of increased atmospheric CO2 being the catalyst to global warming having been thoroughly exposed as a fraud (due to the inverse relationship which shows such increases in CO2 is a RESULT of warming, with a lag time of 800 years, and consequently CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE THE CAUSE), still they cling to their belief, and call anyone who doesn't agree, deniers, or even more ironic, ignorant.

Now if you cannot convince someone to even consider, let alone grasp the raw logic of Cause & Effect which requires "Cause" to come first, any further attempts to get through to these types, regardless of the volume of supporting evidence, is an exercise in futility. You simply cannot "reason" with unreasonable minds.
Your logic is faulty. If A causes B, then that cannot prove that B does not cause A.

I go into the garden: the neighbour's dog barks. According to your logic if the neighbour's dog barks, I can't go into the garden to see why he's barking.

For a more detailed look: CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm a latecomer to the party. but the IPCC has been discredited several times already, as was the person who first originally made the polar bear the logo of the climate change debacle
More distraction: I used the IPCC quote as it represents the mainstream position.

But I'll bite: care to prove that the IPCC has been discredited...
and what does the polar bear comment refer to?

Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
We live where it is warm, we hate the cold as a species, so a warmer planet will be a much better planet for human kind.
Didn't you get the memo that we need food to eat? AGW is not just a temperature increase: it's also a disruption in weather patterns. Are you aware of what's happening right now with floods and droughts all over the place?

In the world's breadbasket, climate change feeds some worry - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/worlds-breadbasket-climate-change-feeds-worry-192102446.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies