Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

I don't know of anyone who has used abortion as a method of birth control. Every woman who makes the decision to terminate a pregnancy does so after great thought and introspection. This is not a trivial or frivolous decision, no matter what some opponents choose to believe.

Birth control is not as readily available as some may think.

A good question to ask is why having a tubal ligation is so difficult for women. Why are women told that they don't know what they're talking about; that they aren't mature enough to know their own mind (but they're mature enough to have kids?); that they're too young to make a life long decision to be childfree. Why are pharmacists refusing to dispense birth control and/or morning after pills? Why is this personal decision left to an uninterested party in the decision process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Well, since you told us all that you are sterile and have never wanted a child, your opinion is really worthless.....
LOL!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Good thing that abortion is completely LEGAL in the US at the moment.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
I would make them watch 100 abortions up front and close, at various stages, and see if they still think abortion should be used as birth control.

Mine was more like a vacuum. At least, that's what it sounded and looked like. And the clot (tis what it looked like) sucked out was put into a container and got donated to scientific research.

So, should I be jailed because I would rather not risk my life with another pregnancy? Should other women honestly be jailed because they chose not to burden society with a child they could not afford?

Almost everyone is complaining how their tax dollars are going to supporting women who "can't keep their legs together" - but it would only get worse if abortion was banned. Do we really want to increase the taxes on the general public to care for these children?

The foster care and adoption systems are both overwhelmed with unwanted children.

Contraception fails. There's no 100% method to keep from being pregnant other than sterilization or the aspirin method. Sterilization is permanent, so many doctors won't normally do these procedures on younger adults (like myself). The Aspirin Method doesn't have much ground anymore. I don't know the percentages, but I'd reckon that less than half of 18 year olds are still virgins.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Abortion is the WOMAN'S descision. Hers and hers alone!

If a male wants childern he had danm well have her PERMISSION before he even starts the process. To force a pregnancy is at best rape and at worst slavery. In either case the male in question shoud be very severly punished and possibly removed from the breeding process forever.

Am I clear about this?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:26 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't know of anyone who has used abortion as a method of birth control.
I do.

And several who have had a number of abortions as birth control.

My wife is a "shrink" - she has had a number of patients who used abortion as birth control - and later regretted it.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Abortion is the WOMAN'S descision. Hers and hers alone!
While generally true Greg, there are cases where it becomes / became the man's (husbands) decision.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I meant exactly what I said! It is always her descision. To force an unwanted birth is to OWN the woman and that is slavery! That is unacceptable under any conditions.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
I meant exactly what I said! It is always her descision. To force an unwanted birth is to OWN the woman and that is slavery! That is unacceptable under any conditions.
I believe Greatday has already spoken of his particular experience where he was put in charge of the decisions. And, as far as I know, he's happy with his decision.

There are extreme circumstances (coma, for instance) where the man has to make the decision. And usually, the man tries to make a decision that both would agree on, just as women should make their decision after long discussion with potential father (if she knows who...)

We shouldn't punish a woman for making a choice on her body.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry Greg - but, I will give you an example where you are mistaken:

My wife, who was pregnant at the time, was hit by a drunk driver. Our son, a passenger, was killed outright. My wife, although she survived, was in a coma.

I was informed that, for my wife to survive, our unborn child would have to be aborted. I had to make a decision - either my wife or our child.

I know what I did - my question to you is, what would you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies