Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 10:06 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,386,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Here is a post by the OP nearly 2 years ago:

Why does the corporate environment in NYC not seem diverse?

Quote:
"NYC is city of many different races but you more likely see blacks and hispanics working low paying jobs (security jobs,mcdonalds, delis) while whites seem to have the nice cushion jobs. You walk around midtown and downtown and see a sea white people wearing suits and ties and going to work. Why isn't corporate environment just as diverse such as the city of New York."
Well maybe those people can write better then you.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:08 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,744,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
This is all typical ruling class racial incitement. Loot the masses with oppressive usury, subvert their main protection -their morals- and distract them with racial strife. All the while the real villains are looting the masses while the people quarrel in pointless circular foolishness like this topic. A big quenelle for racial strife and the ruling class that depends on it to keep the people distracted.
That and Jerry Springer.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 PM

251 posts, read 637,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandel19 View Post
Where are the Hispanic, Asian, Black and women fire fighters. This city agency is not representative of the whole 5 borough population. Is this what structural,institutional, systematic racism looks like? Please discuss.
Until you understand White supremacy everything else will confuse you.

White Supremacy as a system that dominates all non-white people "in the known universe" in nine areas of people activity: economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, religion, sex and war.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:25 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times
lol yo fer real dough, i new dat whitey wood be all up on hear tryin ta front like yall aint mad racist. Tell me y da nyfd dont let black people in. Until u can tell me dat, shut yo mouf boy...

Old 06-06-2014, 12:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandel19 View Post
Where are the Hispanic, Asian, Black and women fire fighters.
Have you taken a look at the demographics of the NYC Department of Corrections?

Old 06-06-2014, 04:17 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,903,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The most dangerous job in the United States is that of a Catholic President. 100% killed by the Protestant ruling class. In the same way these ethnic firefighters are being attacked by ruling class rhetoric attempting to crush their way of life.
Booom!

/close

Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
lol yo fer real dough, i new dat whitey wood be all up on hear tryin ta front like yall aint mad racist. Tell me y da nyfd dont let black people in. Until u can tell me dat, shut yo mouf boy...
I seen a wimin firefighter on Avenue U station one time.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:26 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
I really enjoyed being on city data but what I'm about to say is probably going to get me thrown off.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRICKEN MIND?

It's always gotta be racism with you liberals, no wonder why New York is screwed up. Maybe after 9/11 people do not wish to pursue those careers. Maybe black and Hispanic persons have no interest in fire fighting. There are African American police officers. There are Spanish folks who are police officers, maybe they simply do not wish to be firefighters.

Racism in FDNY? The same people that died trying to save all races during the attacks and you think they're racist?

Please tell me you're at least a native New Yorker and not some dimwit from the Midwest liberal arts graduate with an opinion on a city you know nothing about.
I seriously doubt that a number of Black, Hispanic and Asian men are uninterested in working for the FDNY. I'm sure the job is very stressful and requires a lot of work, but the compensation, pension and overtime pay are excellent.

Irish American men are mostly employed in those jobs and they have the connections and network to ensure that it remains that way...

Old 06-06-2014, 07:15 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,233,404 times
It's been my observation over 32 years on this planet that if a close family member follows a certain career path other younger people in the family are prone to following that person. Not justifying it but I do think that is a big reason for the makeup of the fire department. It seems like with a lot of firemen somebody in their family whether it be their father, brother, etc was also a fireman. Now this is not to say that there hasn't been a history of racism and gender discrimination in FDNY.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:15 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times
I for one am not concerned about the lack of 90lb Asian women firefighters.

As for the distribution of races among the different city departments matching the distribution of races among the city's population - I don't see any reason why it should considering the existence of different subcultures and the tendency of humans to voluntarily congregate within those groups. Is it a problem that the Dept. of Corrections is also unbalanced compared to the city?

What is a problem is if people of equal ability have been denied entry to a job or promotion because of race. The lawsuit has helped expose that problem and attempts to fix it.

As per usual, we have one side unrealistically pretending there is no racial discrimination and the other side unrealistically pretending that a PC-utopia with one-to-one matching of race percentages would be the result absent discrimination (it wouldn't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies