Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,208,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
My employer slashed my hours because he couldn't afford to keep people full time anymore due to Obamacare. The Government is trying to force me to buy something that I don't need or want, and they will fine me if I don't.

I'm a young guy in his early 20s. I'm very healthy and take care of myself. I don't need insurance now, my world is (now) working part time, going to college, going to church (God is always important), and chasing girls. I'm not going to get Obamacare or even pay the fine. Obama can kiss my butt as far as lm concerned.
Good thing you can stay on the parents plan or have coverage through the college you attend. That chasing girls thing could bring on some health issues. (LOL)

Old 02-23-2014, 07:49 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
The tens of thousands of deaths that will be the result of Obamacare will be the worst failing. The inevitable result of a more expensive and less efficient health care system.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Under consideration is to add another level to the current metal plans. A copper level would have an actuarial level of 50%. Right now the bronze level is 60%. They could also remove some of the 10 essentials or change them to make the plans more attractive.

Coming Soon: The Obamacare Copper Plan? | iCanBenefit.com
How can "they " change the law without congress

Old 02-23-2014, 07:54 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
Quote:
My employer slashed my hours because he couldn't afford to keep people full time anymore due to Obamacare. The Government is trying to force me to buy something that I don't need or want, and they will fine me if I don't.

I'm a young guy in his early 20s. I'm very healthy and take care of myself. I don't need insurance now, my world is (now) working part time, going to college, going to church (God is always important), and chasing girls. I'm not going to get Obamacare or even pay the fine. Obama can kiss my butt as far as lm concerned.
If your income is less than 16,000 you can sign up for Medicaid. If you income is over that you could get a Bronze level plan for about $30-$150. Republicans have a plan which is similar to the ACA for someone like you who refuses to buy insurance there would be no penalty. However if you decided to buy insurance at a later time you could be refused or pay a much higher rate. You could really find yourself on the outside looking in. Republican plan good, Obamacare bad very bad.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The tens of thousands of deaths that will be the result of Obamacare will be the worst failing. The inevitable result of a more expensive and less efficient health care system.
2 million people die every year covered by Medicare. We also spend 470 billion on Medicare. From those two pieces of information I can conclude Medicare is also bad.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:00 AM

627 posts, read 1,295,341 times
The one thing I notice is that it is not the obamacare that is causing loss of jobs and ultimately loss of benefits, but the US corporations, who instead of thinking it would be best to stand by the American people, who are their employees - they cut jobs and by this action, cut benefits.

Instead of letting their faithful, loyal employees that they can pull through this together, they screw them because of how obamacare is going to affect their profit margin.

But certain Americans stand behind those who are screwing them, just to oppose the person in the white house, who they don't want there because he's not "right" for the job.

The truth is that Obama was not elected president.

He was placed there by the unseen hand who really controls our country's government. And it sure is not a black hand. Obama is doing the bidding of his masters. Nothing he has done is of his own idea or philosophy.

Politics is a hoax and democrats, republicans, liberals, tea party and conservatives - and any other groupd not mentioned - are all co-conspirators in the destruction of democracy and the US constitution.

You all believe in political parties and they are all laughing at you, watering at the mouth, waiting for your demise.

You all deserve it.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:22 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,194,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
An Obamabot thread started by an Obamabot.
Yup - and hundreds of non-responses by the targetted "pollees".

As expected, huh?

When put on the spot and directly asked "How has Obamacare negatively affected YOU?" the response is crickets chirping.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:39 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Personally, it does no good responding to threads on this subject, especially started by certain liberals just to goad people. It's been rehashed many times to no avail. I am sick of the president, his lies and the sheeple who don't have enough brains to think for themselves so their response is everyone is lying. At least I didn't have to read how everyone is on Medicare and Tricare - he's moved on.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
The one thing I notice is that it is not the obamacare that is causing loss of jobs and ultimately loss of benefits, but the US corporations, who instead of thinking it would be best to stand by the American people, who are their employees - they cut jobs and by this action, cut benefits.

Instead of letting their faithful, loyal employees that they can pull through this together, they screw them because of how obamacare is going to affect their profit margin.

But certain Americans stand behind those who are screwing them, just to oppose the person in the white house, who they don't want there because he's not "right" for the job.

The truth is that Obama was not elected president.

He was placed there by the unseen hand who really controls our country's government. And it sure is not a black hand. Obama is doing the bidding of his masters. Nothing he has done is of his own idea or philosophy.

Politics is a hoax and democrats, republicans, liberals, tea party and conservatives - and any other groupd not mentioned - are all co-conspirators in the destruction of democracy and the US constitution.

You all believe in political parties and they are all laughing at you, watering at the mouth, waiting for your demise.

You all deserve it.
The sole goal of a business is profit, if it wasn't then there wouldn't be a business to begin with. Most large businesses did provide insurance for their employees, but due to Obamacare and all the bizarre issues it has, they have lost their insurance plans. It's that bad. It's the system, not so much the companies.

In my case, I work for a restaurant downtown. It's a small business and my employer simply cannot afford Obamacare. Aside from paying us he also has to pay rent for the building, a bunch of fees, licensing, insurance etc.... He was planning on expanding and opening up a second location in the Summer, that doesn't look like it's going to happen now. If he wouldhhave then he would have been able to higher more people, creating new jobs.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
The sole goal of a business is profit, if it wasn't then there wouldn't be a business to begin with. Most large businesses did provide insurance for their employees, but due to Obamacare and all the bizarre issues it has, they have lost their insurance plans. It's that bad. It's the system, not so much the companies.

In my case, I work for a restaurant downtown. It's a small business and my employer simply cannot afford Obamacare. Aside from paying us he also has to pay rent for the building, a bunch of fees, licensing, insurance etc.... He was planning on expanding and opening up a second location in the Summer, that doesn't look like it's going to happen now. If he wouldhhave then he would have been able to higher more people, creating new jobs.
A small restaurant that employs over 50 people isn't that small. Your employer also wants to expand? That's an incredibly expensive and risky proposition for him. Business must be booming.

Your story sounds like yet another right-wing lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies