Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 03:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
I see a money making opportunity for the farmer. He could cash in by offering bacon and eggs in the morning and then later on fix them some nice ham sandwiches.
I saw a money making opportunity with the pig races.
Let them LIVE

Old 07-01-2014, 03:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Shocker for you syrup slurper...........democrats go to church too. Something you folks will never understand. Your just too caught up in your "bible thumping right winger grabbing his/her shotgun" mantra. Grow up.
Learn to read. I said nothing about democrats or right-wingers. That's all you. Grow up.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Christians hide behind their bibles when they want to deny other people their rights, but when it comes to actually living by the words of Jesus.....not so much.
The nastiness and hypocrisy on this thread are truly astounding.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
You should be ashamed of more gross generalizations impugning an entire religion with over two billion adherents/members. That you have no belief says more about you than it does about those who do. But I guess it's being in a decided minority that makes people some people so superior to the majority. Sure! That has to be it. Otherwise they're just spewing meaningless drivel while making hindquarters of themselves.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:24 PM

864 posts, read 799,688 times
Quote:
Kind of how you made assumptions about me?
If someone says "Hey, Math is stupid. 1+1 doesn't equal 2 it equals 3!" Wouldn't you question whether that person knew basic arithmetic? That's your same situation. I'm not making any assumptions, based on your "understanding" of the Bible or the Quran, you don't know what you are talking about. That's a fact, not an assumption.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's fine. If you're not going to argue your point, we can leave it be.
I already did. Now you can choose to do the work (or not) to try and understand my point. I'm going to bet on not.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You should be ashamed of more gross generalizations impugning an entire religion with over two billion adherents/members. That you have no belief says more about you than it does about those who do. But I guess it's being in a decided minority that makes people some people so superior to the majority. Sure! That has to be it. Otherwise they're just spewing meaningless drivel while making hindquarters of themselves.
I was addressing the nasty comments posted ON THIS THREAD. I saw nothing of loving your neighbour, but more like how to act like an a$$ towards your neighbour.
The fact that I have no belief says what about me, exactly? Please be specific.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I was addressing the nasty comments posted ON THIS THREAD. I saw nothing of loving your neighbour, but more like how to act like an a$$ towards your neighbour.
I love when people accuse others of acting like an "ass" when they are the biggest asshats in the thread.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:34 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
I love when people accuse others of acting like an "ass" when they are the biggest asshats in the thread.
Say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
This muslim needs to eat s*** and **** off ... They should place this muslim under 24 hour armed drone surveillance

Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Say what?
I love how you cut and modified my quote. What an intellectually corrupt liberal you are.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
First of all, try to be specific in your posts. You said, "Christians," not "Christians or purported Christians on this board. Thus the gross generalization.

As for the rest, I've also opined regarding someone who doesn't believe in something in the first place coming out so negatively about the very thing they don't believe in. Why bother.? And that should be specific enough.

I don't care one whit whether or what you believe or don't. But I do care when an unbeliever has the temerity, rudeness and poor taste to belittle anyone's faith, including mine. Faith cannot be argued. It just is and to try to gainsay it is futile. As for adherence, none of us are perfect no matter how hard we try to be. We're just human!

By the way, I agree with you about some of the unfortunate and, in my estimation, immature responses. Hardly the stuff good neighbors are made of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies