Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 05:51 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times

Advertisements

I can understand the logic against abortions (and I wouldn't have one, although I'm pro-choice and I'd rather not have children, ever), but I can't understand how it is murder for many conservatives (and non-conservatives), and yet they find it justifiable in some circumstances.

For instance: a girl is raped. Let's say she's 15. She becomes pregnant as a result. If you're a fetus-rights advocate, why would you justify an abortion in this case? Why would the baby-to-be deserve such a morally pernicious capital punishment (which is what abortion is, in your opinion)? Is this fetus guilty in any way? Or is it that a girl who becomes pregnant by being forced deserves to choose whether or not to terminate the pregnancy and a girl who willingly has sex and accidentally becomes pregnant deserves to have no choice after this (and pregnancy becomes punishment instead of nurturing the life of a humand being)? Where do the (human) rights of the unborn baby enter the picture in this case?

I'm genuinely curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 06:31 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Might want to read the Bible you always claim you understand.

I placed no period after "society".

If you can't argue my posts honestly, just move along.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:34 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
tell that to the twelve year old who is a victim of rape by her father or some other creep. think outside the box cal.....life isn't a bed of roses as forrest said sh*t happens. ugly sh*t

Yes, and 99% of those abortions are happening because some female got knocked up after concentual sex.

Last edited by momonkey; 09-03-2011 at 07:12 AM..

Old 09-03-2011, 06:48 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i don't know what percentage of americans would be against the morning after pill in the case of rape or incest, but i would think it is a very small percentage.

it certainly would be easier physically and potentially less traumatic on a girl/woman than having an abortion later on down the road.

i wouldn't have a problem with my tax dollars going for something like that. the decision to abort is made later on and the cost should be shouldered by the person having the abortion, or their boyfriend (whatever), if they have one. citizens should not have to pay for someone else's bad decision choices.

i think girls/women in this country are not valuing their own bodies enough and that is the BIGGER issue that needs to be worked on as a society.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
I can understand the logic against abortions (and I wouldn't have one, although I'm pro-choice and I'd rather not have children, ever), but I can't understand how it is murder for many conservatives (and non-conservatives), and yet they find it justifiable in some circumstances.

For instance: a girl is raped. Let's say she's 15. She becomes pregnant as a result. If you're a fetus-rights advocate, why would you justify an abortion in this case? Why would the baby-to-be deserve such a morally pernicious capital punishment (which is what abortion is, in your opinion)? Is this fetus guilty in any way? Or is it that a girl who becomes pregnant by being forced deserves to choose whether or not to terminate the pregnancy and a girl who willingly has sex and accidentally becomes pregnant deserves to have no choice after this (and pregnancy becomes punishment instead of nurturing the life of a humand being)? Where do the (human) rights of the unborn baby enter the picture in this case?

I'm genuinely curious.
You nailed it! I have brought up this little problem a number of times...but anti-choicers swerve away and hide from it.

Their whole philosophy is that if a woman has enjoyable consensual sex and then wants an abortion she should be punished for having that enjoyable sex and be forced to have the baby.

A woman may have an abortion ONLY if she didn't enjoy the sex.

SO....it is NOT the poor little fetus they're worried about, afterall an abortion is an abortion....it's the PUNISMENT AND CONTROL of women that they're interested in...(a result of fear and hatred of women.)

Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They surely won't be having more than one. Right now the State of Texas pays $866 per month in benefits for every child on welfare. If you have 5-6-7-8 kids, you too can drive your welfare Cadillac. The illegals have it down to science.

My wife would blow their balls off with her .45
Illegals don't collect the welfare you describe.

The vast majority of welfare collectors are white.

And I suppose your wife carries her .45 everywhere she goes on her hip and looks ridiculous doing so.

And you wonder why you get laughed at by the rest of the country.

Illegals do. It is called anchor babies and they spit them out like candy.
They get here at a very young age either already pregnant or within a month here they are pregnant. They pop them out, one right after another to receive State welfare. The more you have, the more the State gives them. You wonder why the vast majority of illegal parasites left Arizona? Well they now have to ask the mom, if she is illegal. Bingo!!

Yes, Because there are more white people in the USA, it would bare to reason, there would be more white Americans working the system too.
They are citizens of this nation.

The pouch on the side my wife's NRA purse is her holster. It is closer than her hip away, from clicking the safety off.

And you wonder why we think there is no common sense between your ears.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Many conservatives are also religious. They are keen on saving lives and let babies be born. The big problem is that after birth, they lose all interest. Why? Can't really tell.
And to make matters worse, religious conservatives believe babies are born sinful and the path to hell is wide. Meaning the overwhelming majority of babies born will grow up and end up being tortured for all eternity in hell.

If the sociopath conservative view of Hell is real, abortion would be accepted since it's a one way ticket to heaven. Abortion is infinitely more merciful than hell.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
That's because the anti-abortion position isn't based on logic. It's based on emotion.
What's logical about supporting the poor? Euthanasia is logical since the poor are a burden on society and tend toward violence. Statistically speaking, the chances of any poor ever even being able to support themselves is slim. Unless you support mandatory abortion, forced euthanasia, and eugenics, your statement is somewhat hypocritical. Of course communists have never seemed to have any issue with any of the aforementioned issues.

Humans are hardwired to protect their own young as are most mammals. While the occasional aberrant will eat it's own offspring, those aberrants tend to not pass on their genes.

I am a very nihilistic atheist so please try to avoid projecting your prepackaged notion that my opposition to abortion has anything whatsoever to do with religion. Here's reality: A zygote has all the genetic info needed to be classified as human. That zygote fulfills all necessary requirements to be classified as living. Try not to feed me the independent BS because there's not an independent form of life on the planet. Therefore, if you kill a zygote, you are killing a human. Attempting to reclassify the zygote as anything less than human is nothing more than massaging your own guilt. There is no such thing as a soul. According to the typical emotion-based pro-choice definition of a live human, there are none at all. So, using actual logic (not your warped interpretation) what it boils down to is whether or not you have a problem with murdering a member of your own species for your own convenience. Again, I'm a nihilist and go only by my preferences. I take no moral high ground. My preference is to not murder members of my own species. Clearly, using cold logic and not the emotional projections you call logic, your preferences differ from mine. No judgment, just logic.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:58 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know about the OP's theory but here is even a better one.

Obama is a champion of abortion rights and PP but it decimates the black community more than any other. So why is Obama, a black man, so in favor of it?
PP decimates the poor community more than any other. Obamas being a black man has nothing to do with his political social pandering to the, well, not poor. Politicians cater to special interest and those funding them, and ultimately the poor themselves are usually not the ones benefited...I don't know why I'm explaining this.

It is a very complicated, multiple shade of grey area that I'm not going to bicker on here. Bu I wish people would stop saying Pro Choice=Pro Abortion, because they're not the same thing.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know about the OP's theory but here is even a better one.

Obama is a champion of abortion rights and PP but it decimates the black community more than any other. So why is Obama, a black man, so in favor of it?
What are you suggesting? That only white women are intelligent enough to make their own choice?

Black women are so feeble minded that they will have an abortion just because there happens to be a clinic close by? "OH LOOK....there is an abortion clinic.....I think I will pop in and have an abortion!' Black women can't be trusted to make their own reproductive choices......only white women are smart enough to make that choice for themselves?

One way to keep the poor down is to force them to have children they cannot afford to care for. Keep them so poor that they will never be able to drag themselves up out of poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies