Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow. I guess your "Poor people are all lazy and stupid" trick is better, huh?
Translation - "Neener-neener boo-boo"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why do people always make this leap? A fetus is not a kid. A fetus just has the potential to become a kid.

How about this.....I have a car ......it is just a huge pile of parts on my garage floor.....but a car none the less by your definition. Can I drive it?
So where do we draw the line in the sand? When is a fetus a real person, and not a blob of potential cells?

Do we wait until the baby takes it's first breath before we decide to declare it real, or can we still let it die as an unwanted burden, in a linen closet, even after it is breathing our air?

The reason people make that leap, as you call it, is to stimulate your mind, because at some point you need to tell us when the hell a person becomes a person, and when can we kill them for being an inconvenience or annoyance to us.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So where do we draw the line in the sand? When is a fetus a real person, and not a blob of potential cells?

Do we wait until the baby takes it's first breath before we decide to declare it real, or can we still let it die as an unwanted burden, in a linen closet, even after it is breathing our air?

The reason people make that leap, as you call it, is to stimulate your mind, because at some point you need to tell us when the hell a person becomes a person, and when can we kill them for being an inconvenience or annoyance to us.
The line has been drawn, it's law. look it up.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:35 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,359 times
Default excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this ^^ the anti choicers don't think past the thought they don't want abortions. lets say we make abortion illegal it will not stop abortion only make desperate woem seek out back alley abortion and coat hangers. are the anti choicers ok that these women will die? is that an ok statistic for them, save some fetes at the cost of the lives of adult women?

take it one step more, how are the anti choicers going to regulate and find out when your neighbor, your sister or other women get pregnant? conception police? when and how are they going to make sure women don't abort? what do you do with the women who don't want to take a pregnancy to term from aborting? going to send them to pregnancy compounds? will they have guarded gates so they can't run away? seriously how are you gonna stop or "make" a woman stay pregnant?
sounds like hitler's germany to me.

then what? after you have forced them...excuse me not forced, seriously "encouraged" they give birth are they forced to give up the baby to someone who can be a better parent? or is there a board of pregnancy and parenthood that will decide if the woman meets their standards and they tell her she has to parent her off springs, because after all on paper they think she should be able?

anti choice is about judgment and control, making women live a life by others morals and values. it is not freedom it is 3rd world mentality of control and sexism. in america we have the right to privacy it is none of your business what a woman does. we will never go back, we have the right to control our own bodies. choice is about choice the anti choicers always forget us "pro abortionist" also support the right to give birth and to give our babies up for adoption.

grow your own womb and do with it what you like, until then stay out of others.
Plus such fresh ideas!

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-08-2011 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Fixed errors with quoting

Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Default Well Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am for anything that will reduce my taxes.....within reason....even I do not want to see children starve. I am all for making welfare recipients work for that check unless they are too disabled to do so. The problem with workfare....it costs more to implement than it saves.
Sounds like you don't have any answers at all! You don't want a woman to decide to have an abortion because she can't feed a child, you don't want to feed children not your own, and you don't want to see children starve.....and you think these people who can't afford the baby they were stuck with birthing should work, but you don't want workfare....perhaps it would be simpler for you to just have your own babies....or not.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM

Default Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Abortion was legal before the quickening at the time the Constitution was written. It wasn't until the 1820s and the wave of religious fanaticism called the great awakening that abortion laws were created.

Someone else remember the "quickening".!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Did you know "fetus" is the Latin word meaning baby? Just saying.
No it isn't. The Latin means bringing forth, or hatching of young.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

It should be capable of surviving on its own without the mother. At the very least, a fully functioning brain and nervous system.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It should be capable of surviving on its own without the mother. At the very least, a fully functioning brain and nervous system.
You just described everyone over the age of 4.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You just described everyone over the age of 4.
No, I'm referring to being able to survive outside the womb. And for developed brain, I mean it should actually have a functioning nervous system. A 10 week old fetus does not have a brain, nor does it have pain receptors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies