Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 07:49 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Constitution cannot survive without Christianity.

The problem as I see it..Liberals do not listen...they cannot hear...they cannot read..and they cannot reason how this country was Founded.

They may think they know...but the reality is they have no clue they do not know what they do not know.
The more I read posts from the liberals on C-D, the more I realize the truth in what you just said. They don't read. I don't think they know how. Certainly, they have not been taught how to think. They have instead been taught what to think.

They have no ability to make a logical argument to make their case, if there is an argument to be made. All they know how to do is belittle, and impugn the ideas of conservatives.

Is it any wonder that Obama is such an utter failure? He doesn't know how to deal with real opposition. In fact it annoys him. He can't understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Oh and BJ Clinton was so much better. I'm sure cheating on his wife with that tub of lard Monica Lewinsky was so Christian-like.
As is your description of Monica Lewinsky....

Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,112,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one. It's fine to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around. And please don't try and shove it down my children's throats
Religion is like a penis? What a filthy mind you have.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,236,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I read so many posts and see so many reports where liberals make fun of and have absolute hatred of religious politicians. I am not religious myself, but I find that attitude disgusting.

My question is, why don't liberals do the same thing to Obama? He is a very religious man.
Because Obama made it clear the he will not bring his personal beliefs into his decision making. Others, too many to mention, want to change the Constitution in accordance withtheir religious beliefs and are too stupid to understand the meaning of Separation of Church and State!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:27 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Not only is the Bible an extensive historic document it also promotes all the principals modern society is based on, even atheist. Even if you're not a Christian failing to read between the lines and see the big picture is certainly a disappointment.
OK, you're partly correct, and yes, I was just being provocative. But "all the principals [sic]" modern society is based on? It's a big enough collection of books that you can find something in it to justify any principle. You could say the same thing about Shakespeare, or the Harry Potter series for that matter.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:27 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,112,946 times
Worldly ambition, especially the desire for power, kills the authentic Christian way of life. History teaches us this, again and again. You want to test the character a man? Give him power. Give him political power.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You can be religious, that's no problem! Just don't say same-sex marriage should be banned because God says so etc.
same sex marriage should be ban because its abnormal for that and for no other reason!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:06 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Isn't about time that the true believers wake up and see that they are being used. These hypocritical politicians are using religion to further their goals. If they are not lying then they bend the truth to the breaking point. If you are really a christian and believe in teaching of Christ then how can you justify the actions of GW Bush, a born-again christian, who claimed he spoke with God and then declared war on an innocent nation killing one million Iraqis, 5000 Americans, and injuring thousands more. When you listen to Bachmann, Perry, etc, you are hearing the same words that Bush spoke as a christian. Perry has set a record in Texas for executing the most prisoners somewhere around 234. Perry was presented with evidence that indicated if not proved the innocence of one inmate and yet he did not stop his execution. What kind of a christian is he? Are these the kind of people that should lead our nation? Anyone running for political office needs to check their religious views at the door.
how can you call IRAQ an innocent nation where did you find that info. they gassed their own people. they invaded other nation. yes, yes ,Perry, Bachmann are what we need as president. as a christian yes Perry should have stop the execution but we are a nation of laws. that indicates that Perry is perfectly able to put his christian believes at the door as you suggested and fallow the laws of the state!! Perry could be a great president

Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 AM

215 posts, read 680,917 times
Many are just acting as they've been conditioned to.

Last edited by goodman2; 09-04-2011 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Needed To Change Something

Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
same sex marriage should be ban because its abnormal for that and for no other reason!!!
It's not abnormal if you are gay....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies