Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 12:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So you want to avoid this examination of Snopes, which shouldn't be much of a problem considering your claims. Well, there you have it... the credibility of your claims (not that I had to say it after going at it with you for months if not years).
I don't have to examine Snopes since when they can't understand what I want to know about I just drop it knowing that left leaners won't like it. Lately they have surprised me with correctly attributed and true answers when I really didn't think they would.

I have thought for a long time that they leaned a bit left but use them to keep away from being called a liar, now and then.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Here's the most famous:

Access : Internet encyclopaedias go head to head : Nature (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/full/438900a.html - broken link)

Unfortunately you can't read it without paying. But the summary is that Wikipedia has more average errors per article (4 compared to 3) but the average wikipedia article is 2.6 times as long as the average EB article.
I was kidding and it seems that you are to since you give me a link that I have to pay to read. Now to be serious, can you give me something that talks about things other than Nature?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't have to examine Snopes since when they can't understand what I want to know about I just drop it knowing that left leaners won't like it. Lately they have surprised me with correctly attributed and true answers when I really didn't think they would.

I have thought for a long time that they leaned a bit left but use them to keep away from being called a liar, now and then.
I think part of the problem might be that left-leaners (whatever that is) aren't generating nearly as many wacky conspiracy theories that need debunking as right-leaners in this country.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
Snopes is not exclusively a political site, so the term left leaning makes no sense to me. Snopes has primarily things like scams about how guys in Walmart parking lots lure young women with perfume samples that render them unconscious, whether Celestial Seasonings is owned by the Moonies etc., all kinds of stuff.

My opinion is that if it appears to be left leaning, it is simply because there is a lot more righwingnut crap being spewed out and passed on in chain emails that is being debunked than there is leftwing loonie crap. Why? Because we have a Democratic president, so more junk is being aimed at the left? Maybe because we have these rightwing loonie tunes semi-serious presidential candidates (like Gingrich, Perry Bachmann, Palin) so the climate is ripe for any wingnut crap to be spread around? Seriously I've never seen anything like this from liberals except for making fun of Bush and his Bushisms and since some of my conservative friends have me pigeonholed as a liberal weenie surely someone would send it to me if it were out there to be forwarded.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I think part of the problem might be that left-leaners (whatever that is) aren't generating nearly as many wacky conspiracy theories that need debunking as right-leaners in this country.
Yeah because you guys were told to keep it under the radar so you didn't reveal too much of the conspiracy.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:17 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,623 times
Quote:

How about...we all just try to stand up straight occasionally?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah because you guys were told to keep it under the radar so you didn't reveal too much of the conspiracy.

You need to be medicated.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Snopes is not exclusively a political site, so the term left leaning makes no sense to me. Snopes has primarily things like scams about how guys in Walmart parking lots lure young women with perfume samples that render them unconscious, whether Celestial Seasonings is owned by the Moonies etc., all kinds of stuff.

My opinion is that if it appears to be left leaning, it is simply because there is a lot more wingnut crap being spewed out and pass on in chain emails that is being debunked than there is leftwing loonie crap. Why? Because we have a Democratic president, so more junked is being aimed at the left? Maybe because we have these rightwing loonie tunes semi-serious presidential candidates (like Gingrich, Perry Bachmann, Palin) so the climate is ripe for any wingnut crap to be spread around? Seriously I've never seen anything like this from liberals except for making fun of Bush and his Bushisms and since some of my conservative friends have me pigeonholed as a liberal weenie surely someone would send it to me if it were out there to be forwarded.
The simple fact about snopes is that it is entirely impossible for a husband and wife to be privied to all this so called truthful information. They cherry pick what THEY believe off the internet.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post

How about...we all just try to stand up straight occasionally?
There's definitely way too much leaning going on in this country right now, that's for damn sure.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You need to be medicated.
Resulting to personal attacks now? That Alinsky bible is coming in handy for you eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies