Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 01:07 AM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What would they be?

As of right now, the confusion seems to lie in the difference between intimidation and being informed in ALL aspects.

Why is that? What's the point?

Why so afraid of a sonogram? It is what it is. Why WANT to keep women in the dark about the choice they are going to make? The mantra of "bunch of parasitic cells" won't hold water any longer?

Come on, if you want women to be informed and make informed choices, it includes it ALL. Why would anyone want differently?
Nobody is "afaid". It's time, money, and barriers that are only there to prevent abortions. It has NOTHING to do with protecting women. Most women are already informed. Some even have kids already so I'm guessing they are more informed than anyone else in the world. Anyone can ask for more information, that's why we have mouths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 01:11 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What the frack are you talking about? Are you actually saying "woman don't know what abortion is and Dr's aren't telling them because they want money"? Are you are of sound mind?
Yes, sad but true. How can women know what abortion is when they are told it is just a clump of cells that look nothing like a baby. Look at the sonograms on youtube. Medical science has come a long way since the 60s.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:13 AM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes, sad but true. How can women know what abortion is when they are told it is just a clump of cells that look nothing like a baby. Look at the sonograms on youtube. Medical science has come a long way since the 60s.
Everyone starts out as a clump of cells. I don't need to look at sonograms on youtube, I've seen my own. Do you even have kids?

PS. Women don't go to the Dr for an abortion not knowing what's happening. They KNOW they are pregnant. They don't need a Dr to tell them it's a clump of cells, or a baby, or gods gift, or whatever. They KNOW, that's why they are there. They don't WANT a baby.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:17 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
A lot of women do not want the baby until they see the baby on sonogram. That is what makes it real for them. Denial is at work until they actually see what is inside them.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:23 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Oh, you mean showing a woman that what the pro-abortion crowd says is a parasitic clump of cells actually has a heart-beat? Detected as early as 8 weeks?

Isn't it all about being INFORMED and in EVERY aspect?

Why wouldn't you want to know what you are aborting is what it is?

How would one be "informed" of what they were aborting if they didn't see it first?

Just take the "bunch of parasitic cells" mantra and not investigate the other side? Call it a day?

Why keep women from seeing what is inside their uterus? To keep them uninformed?

I'm all for abortion, by the way.
Really, most women know what a fetus looks like at different stages.

You don't need to require an expensive, time consuming, unnecessary test to show someone what a fetus looks like. A pamphlet or poster on the wall would suffice.

So much for being fiscally conservative......this legislation is just another way to wastefully spend other people's money, isn't it?

Oh and that "we want less government in our lives" mantra....what ever happened to that?

So much for the sincerity of the conservative's two biggest campaign slogans. This legislation makes it pretty obvious that what they say they are going to do and what they are really going to do are two completely seperate things.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:26 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
A lot of women do not want the baby until they see the baby on sonogram. That is what makes it real for them. Denial is at work until they actually see what is inside them.
I am pretty sure that women who seek out an abortion are not in denial that they are pregnant.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
I'm not plowing through this whole thread to see if it has already been pointed out (most assuredly it has, in either this one or the other 5000 of them on CD)
but if a woman is so stupid....er...ignornant...as to not know what's in her belly, she is too ignornant to be a mother.
And if she isn't confident enough to go through with a pregnancy even if her boyfriend tries to talk her out of it.....well....same thing. Raising a child is too much of a job for her.
I also wouldn't doubt many of those who say they were forced, just prefer to put the 'blame' on somebody else for their decision.
"The devil made me do it!!"

Old 09-04-2011, 06:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:

Unwanted and Coerced Abortions - YouTube

How many on here have had a forced abortion or knows someone who was forced to get an abortion?
This thread maybe would've been a lot shorter if the only correct post was accepted as the last....the correct post would be:

So?

People are forced to do a lot of things they don't want to do and if they're too weak or too brainwashed to stand up for themselves , that's life.

In the vein of the OP:

I have had no forced abortions nor do I know anyone who has had a forced abortion therefore they do not exist.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
The majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester. At 12 weeks the embryo/fetus is smaller than a grape.

I think this is a terribly irresponsible legislation. It guilts her into keeping the baby, but does nothing to change her situation. She is still ultimately the same woman with an unplanned pregnancy, and all the factors that led her to believe this was her best option remain unchanged. Now she has guilt and 18 years of child-raising to add to it. Or adoption and the issues that accompany that for the birth mother.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,221 times
Quote:
I never said adoption was easy. It's too bad it's not easier but those who want to adopt will do what is necessary and jump through hoops.

Yes, many people NEED to adopt outside the country since there is not many babies here with the high abortion rate. 1 in 4 pregnancies end in abortion. You may wait a long time to adopt here. Some people get lucky and find a child sooner than others do. It's all in luck and when and how a woman wants to let her baby be adopted.
WTF? There are tons of unwanted babies in the U.S. because people are so focused on orphans outside the U.S. There are tons of children being thrown around the foster care system here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies