Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
This is the exact reason we need to vote against Obama Care!
Um.....alrighty then....care to expand why you think so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 AM

553 posts, read 1,026,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
This is the exact reason we need to vote against Obama Care!
How do I vote? I though you have to be some kinda congressmen in order to vote againts this reform, did I miss something? Let me know, people. since I do want to have my voice heard regarding this important matter.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
How do I vote? I though you have to be some kinda congressmen in order to vote againts this reform, did I miss something? Let me know, people. since I do want to have my voice heard regarding this important matter.
You know....regarding the poster you just replied to......
Some days I fear ignorance is an incurable, terminal illness.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
What were the circumstances in which she was told she would be fired if she didn't get an abortion?

Sounds like they should have hired lawyers.

She did just that and won a big settlement from the hospital. Most women do not have the resources or the knowledge to do what she and her husband did and also have support from their family.

Indeed, it might have something to do with where the fetus gestates.

What's even more sad are all those conservatives who want to force a mother to have a child, but then have nothing except insults to heap on the mother for having a child she couldn't support.

Sorry if you aren't a conservative, but the hypocrisy of conservatives on this matter has always perplexed me.
You must be around the wrong conservatives. My church does all they can to support women in crisis pregnancies. Why don't you get educated. It's false statements like this that make women go to abortionists thinking they have no alternative when in fact they do.

I guess you did not read the articles. It said libs make women who have an "OOPS" pregnancies feel like they are stupid and they shun them.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Well, no, because once again, they are the ones gestating the baby, because it is their body, they are the ones who have a say in the matter.

Seems that is not so if you read about forced abortions. Many women have no say when they are just forced to get one.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Really?
Somehow, I doubt it.
Everything you have posted is pretty much anecdotal evidence, which counts for naught.
Tell that to the woman from Thailand who came here to work. I worked with her for 6 weeks in an alteration shop. Worse job I ever had.

I came in one day and I knew she had been crying. The woman boss said she had an abortion. She said it in a nasty way like the woman was at fault. The boss didn't fool me. The woman boss was behind finding and setting up the abortion for her. The woman could not speak English and was dependant on the boss to help her with everything.

The boss could not let her best worker take time off to have a baby.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Abortion is the Unchoice

Most abortions are unwanted or coerced. Many are forced.

This site offers evidence-based resources about unwanted abortions and post-abortion risks that endanger the rights and lives of both unborn children and women.
Before abortion ...
Coercion is common, takes many forms and often comes from all sides.
It can involve personal blackmail or even violence from families or partners. It can involve exploitation by employers; school, social services or pastoral counselors; or trusted medical advisors. It may happen when individuals or couples already under pressure seek answers, referrals or a helping hand. Coercion can escalate to violence or even homicide -- the #1 killer of pregnant women.

64% of American women felt pressured by others1
More than half felt rushed or uncertain, yet 67% received no counseling
79% were not told about available alternatives
84% said they were not fully informed
65% suffer symptoms of trauma
Coercion can escalate to violence, putting women & children at risk
Coerced abortion is an internationally recognized human rights abuse
Homicide is the leading killer of pregnant women
After abortion, maternal death rates are 4 times higher
Post-abortion suicide rates are 6 times higher within the first year7

Having a baby:

64% of American women felt pressured by others1
More than half felt rushed or uncertain, yet 67% received no counseling

79% were not told about available alternatives
84% said they were not fully informed

Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM

What is this? CD "Wail and Whine and make up stories about Abortion WeeK?"

Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Unwanted and Coerced Abortions - YouTube

How many on here have had a forced abortion or knows someone who was forced to get an abortion?
YUP!

Not having a CHOICE really sucks, dosen't it!!!????

Old 09-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the woman from Thailand who came here to work. I worked with her for 6 weeks in an alteration shop. Worse job I ever had.

I came in one day and I knew she had been crying. The woman boss said she had an abortion. She said it in a nasty way like the woman was at fault. The boss didn't fool me. The woman boss was behind finding and setting up the abortion for her. The woman could not speak English and was dependant on the boss to help her with everything.

The boss could not let her best worker take time off to have a baby.
I agree with kshe:

""Everything you have posted is pretty much anecdotal evidence, which counts for naught."

Here's how it works:

I know thousands of women and everyone has told me their most intimate medical facts and histories and EVERY one is HAPPY they didn't have a baby....all the ones who did have a baby are depressed and tired.

OK, I just typed that on the internet, it MUST be true...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies