Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,831,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If I've heard it once, I've heard it a hundred times: President Obama is destroying the country. Some say this destructiveness is intended; most say it is inadvertent, an outgrowth of inexperience, ideological wrong-headedness and an oddly undefined character. Indeed, on the matter of Mr. Obama's character, today's left now sounds like the right of three years ago. They have begun to see through the man and are surprised at how little is there.
Quote:
But this leaves the left mired in an absurdity: It seeks to trade the burdens of greatness for the relief of mediocrity. When greatness fades, when a nation contracts to a middling place in the world, then the world in fact no longer knocks on its door. (Think of England or France after empire.) To civilize America, to redeem the nation from its supposed avarice and hubris, the American left effectively makes a virtue of decline—as if we can redeem America only by making her indistinguishable from lesser nations.
Shelby Steele: Obama and the Burden of Exceptionalism - WSJ.com

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-02-2011 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:06 AM

323 posts, read 321,485 times
What does this pic show??? Besides a Liberal?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times
The truth hurts....and the absence of Liberal refutation on this thread proves it.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,414 times
The truth cannot be denied, deflected, lied about, blamed on Bush, and all the other tactics the lefties use. I am almost sad for the remaining nuts that still attempt to defend Obama.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The truth cannot be denied, deflected, lied about, blamed on Bush, and all the other tactics the lefties use. I am almost sad for the remaining nuts that still attempt to defend Obama.
Exactly, and they stand out like a sore thumb.

I've also noticed that other liberal forum regulars have all but disappeared. I've been on the lookout for a few of the "old school" to show up, but they are nowhere to be found. I'm especially interested in hearing from those who championed the Stimulus, that 2010/2011 was to be the years of economic boom. Again, they are nowhere to be found. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't show my "face" either here after being marched off the cliff by Faux Shepherd Obama, but it would be nice to hear what they have to say given the facts that previously alluded them.

The remaining liberals on the forum don't provide logical arguments hardly ever. They're the last holdouts who will probably disappear when Obama is relegated to the pile of obscurity. Then we can expect a new breed to come in with a bang to pounce on President Perry or VP Paul.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly, and they stand out like a sore thumb.

I've also noticed that other liberal forum regulars have all but disappeared. I've been on the lookout for a few of the "old school" to show up, but they are nowhere to be found. I'm especially interested in hearing from those who championed the Stimulus, that 2010/2011 was to be the years of economic boom. Again, they are nowhere to be found. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't show my "face" either here after being marched off the cliff by Faux Shepherd Obama, but it would be nice to hear what they have to say given the facts that previously alluded them.

The remaining liberals on the forum don't provide logical arguments hardly ever. They're the last holdouts who will probably disappear when Obama is relegated to the pile of obscurity. Then we can expect a new breed to come in with a bang to pounce on President Perry or VP Paul.

I have also noticed the disappearance of the regular liberals on this forum. Maybe they are smart enough to finally realize the truth and hopefully are ashamed that they ever believed the pack of lies they were fed. I have several friends whom are recovering liberals and they still cannot believe they were so duped. I am just glad they have seen the light!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 AM

711 posts, read 1,510,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
What does this pic show??? Besides a Liberal?
Oh my.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies