Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:49 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,639,818 times

Advertisements

This can't be good for you. Who knows what nasty chemicals it's gonna have! Yuck! Besides, there's already fake meat at the nearest Mother's Market or Whole Foods market.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:55 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,262,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let me guess....the stimulus funded this....right?
The story is from the Netherlands. Unless you meant the Dutch stimulus.

Besides, I thought fake meat has existed for years. Isn't that what Spam is?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:00 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,977,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
This can't be good for you. Who knows what nasty chemicals it's gonna have! Yuck! Besides, there's already fake meat at the nearest Mother's Market or Whole Foods market.
Yes there is.....and it doesn't clog up your arteries and give you heart attacks like real meat does either. Why wouldn't this new product be the same?

What makes you think real meat doesn't contain nasty things that can hurt you.....like hormones, antibiotics, pesticides or undetected, early stage disease, like cancer for instance? Do you really think they inspect meat so thoroughly that you aren't eating cancer cells?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes there is.....and it doesn't clog up your arteries and give you heart attacks like real meat does either. Why wouldn't this new product be the same?

What makes you think real meat doesn't contain nasty things that can hurt you.....like hormones, antibiotics, pesticides or undetected, early stage disease, like cancer for instance? Do you really think they inspect meat so thoroughly that you aren't eating cancer cells?
Would you say that about organic meat?

But still, what's in the new fake meat thats better than real meat or the fake meat we already have?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Would you say that about organic meat?

But still, what's in the new fake meat thats better than real meat or the fake meat we already have?
Organic meat could still contain cancer cells. Dinosaurs got cancer.....can't get much more organic than that.

I don't know what this new fake meat will be like in the end. I am just assuming that if they are growing it, they may be able to modify it in ways that will make it healthier than natural meat. If they could, why wouldn't they?

Just imagine if the bad side effects of eating meat were gone forever.

People could eat all of the meat they wanted to without worrying about it giving them heart disease, etc.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Organic meat could still contain cancer cells. Dinosaurs got cancer.....can't get much more organic than that.

I don't know what this new fake meat will be like in the end. I am just assuming that if they are growing it, they may be able to modify it in ways that will make it healthier than natural meat. If they could, why wouldn't they?

Just imagine if the bad side effects of eating meat were gone forever.

People could eat all of the meat they wanted to without worrying about it giving them heart disease, etc.
Yes that would be ideal but do they list any ingredients? Or are they not doing that so no one else will steal that formula?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Yes that would be ideal but do they list any ingredients? Or are they not doing that so no one else will steal that formula?
I don't know a lot about stuff like that.

I would imagine that they would have to list the ingredients.

They would probably have a patent on their product just like other inventors do on their inventions. Drug companies have exclusive rights to the formulas they use to make their drugs for many, many years before other companies are allowed to make a generic version. Maybe they will do it like that.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:58 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,782,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Let the PETA nut jobs eat it.
You WILL eat it, Mister, or you can go to your room without supper!!! And just wait until your father gets home!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:02 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,216,469 times
Default Sounds gross to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let me guess....the stimulus funded this....right?
You're probably right, I'm sure that PETA wackos are part of the Obama base.

This whole idea just grosses me out.

Good meat, raised the old fashioned way, on a farm, will never have an equal in any form. There is nothing like a succulent pork chop, BBQ pork ribs with baked beans, or any other delicious cut of beef or pork.

Let those that want this junk have it, but don't force it down my throat. And that is the real danger with these people; they attempt to force their looney ideas on everyone else.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,505,452 times
Plus if you want to be practical there is soylent green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies