Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
lol no it want unemployment is 8.4 in Texas. its 9.1
nationally not even full percentage point differently.

Unless you can move every blk dude to state with oil fields and low population.
There is nothing you can do it about it.

The majority of job growth in Texas came from government hiring in healthcare lol. thats a fact.
Texas isn't a sovereign state. Unfortunately the dopey regulation pushed by Obama can still kill local economies.

Rolling blackouts could be result of EPA regulations due in January

"The head of the Texas Public Utility Commission expressed concern Friday that a new federal air quality rule, set to take effect Jan. 1, will cause disruptions in electric service, reports the Fort-Worth Star Telegram."

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, voting for any one of them will reduce unemployment for everyone.
Paul would likely lay a ton of people off, Perry's "miracle" was all through public employees, and Romney's job creation record in Massachusetts was atrocious (I was there, and ended up moving out of the state because there were no jobs to be found)

Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Paul would likely lay a ton of people off, Perry's "miracle" was all through public employees, and Romney's job creation record in Massachusetts was atrocious (I was there, and ended up moving out of the state because there were no jobs to be found)
Nobody could do worse than 9.1% unemployment, and zero job growth despite emptying the treasury.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
I look for unemployment to increase over the next year under Obama...possibly to even 11%. Obama has definitely not been pro-business. Maybe he'll take a few clues from Republicans, which will help instead of killing jobs.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,811 times
Until the Democrats and the NAACP decide that educating our kids is more important than keeping incompetent teachers employed, minority kids will always get the short end of the stick, and from their black leaders (Waters, Rangel, etc.) whom allegedly 'have their best interests at heart, as that preposterous company line goes.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM

293 posts, read 719,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Now you're talking. By the way, the government by nature is destructive and cannot "create anything." Any job it "creates" or "wealth" it "creates" is by taking money or jobs out of the private sector. If a private enterprise starts up and creates 10 jobs, that's 10 new jobs. If the government hires 10 more people at 40,000 a year, that's just 400,000 dollars that must be taxed out of the private sector.
And while you're there, let's be more specific when it comes to defining who the private sector is.........you, me, or anyone making below $1 million a year. Not Google...Not AOL, not Dow and the rest of it.

Last edited by Ed Guitar; 09-03-2011 at 11:16 PM..

Old 09-03-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So voting for Ron Paul, Perry or Romney will decrease the rate of Unemployed Black men? Everytime I see these types of threads it brings me back to my question. Are you NOW saying that you believe in Affirmative action and believe that the 19% unemployed Black men should get preferential treatment over Whites? You can't have it both ways.

I believe the question on the high rate should be posed to those who are unemployed as well as Corporate America and Small Businesses. Why are they not hiring black men.
Why aren't they not hiring black men...? It should be more like why aren't they hiring people period.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Looking for root cause of the problem, which goes deeper. Change the root cause and the problem is solved.

Lack of motivation to achieve meaningful success instead of peer related success.

Caring and loving parents instructing children on the importance good grades, respect, helping others, being an upstanding citizen, doing the right things, raising the bar, becoming a outstanding [in a good way] person, etc., etc.

Stop blaming other things and other people for lack of success when it's your responsibility, and yours alone, to succeed.

If there is anyone that unsuccessful people should blame it is their parents for not raising (rearing) them with a strong direction toward success. Many unsuccessful people have ignorant parents, parent (singular), or a grandparent that don't realize [themselves] what it takes to become successful and push their children to become the best they can be.

How many black children are raised by a single parent or grandparent that doesn't understand [themselves] the importance of good grades, working hard, staying out of trouble, etc., etc.? 'Success' for a lot of these children is having the latest footwear, baggy pants, hair style, giving teachers a hard time, becoming a gang member, etc.

If blame can be placed anywhere by unsuccessful people - one of the absolute first places to look is their parents. Lack of parental love and caring, ignorance, not parenting, not motivating...all breeds anything but success. The next place to look to place blame is in a mirror - because at some point in time in the teen years people should realize what it takes to be successful, and if they reject doing what it takes to be successful, then they can blame themselves...along with blaming their parents.
But this is true in any racial group.......yet!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I suspect a huge percentage of the illegals (of college age) don't speak English very well. That alone would make attending college very difficult for them. Blacks are at a distinct advantage compared to illegals because their first language is English. Therefore black's comprehension abilities should be vastly greater than the illegals. Of course it all depends on how motivated the illegals are to succeed. My guess is that it will be determined that illegals are more motivated than blacks.

Knowing how UNmotivated many blacks are in getting a good education and becoming solid citizens and becoming business owners it won't take much for the Hispanics to gain an upper hand over blacks in-time. Hispanics already have a good reputation for their willingness to work hard and long hours...and be willing to learn numerous trades. On the other hand, blacks have a reputation of being just the opposite. Not good for blacks! Changes are needed from within for blacks...and it starts at home in my opinion. Blacks have no one to blame but themsleves and [likely] their parents for not parenting and being ignorant. All the government help in the world cannot help someone that is simply not motivated to succeed. Blacks want (no, they expect) handouts for doing nothing... Change that mentality...and you have change you can believe in. Bill Cosby has been preaching this stuff for years, but blacks just call him names. He's giving excellent advice, but it's 180 degrees from what they want to hear.

If I were you, I would not be so assured about such position or ideas. When one thinks of illegal immigrants, one has a mental picture of a typical Mexican men working at a local restaurant or doing deliveries for some retailer. However, the anchor babies and the ones brought here at a very early age will be most likely the beneficiaries of such programs like the Dream Act. And they can speak English just as good or maybe better than you. In fact, they will be considered an asset since they can speak two languages......adventages that you may not have. Not that I'm blaming you for not speaking another language. I'm just pointing out how a potential employer would evaluate a candidate for any position.

Last edited by Ed Guitar; 09-03-2011 at 11:21 PM..

Old 09-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
A lot of small companies won't hire blacks because they know if they terminate them for poor performance, they may face a racial discrimination lawsuit despite the fact that no discrimination took place. In other words it's a liability their not willing to take.

It like the story of the boy who cried wolf. A history of frivolous claims is beginning is to backfire.
Very true! Actually I know of some global corporations that took adventage of the economic recession back in 08, if we can call it that, to fire them all at the same time. The reason? You just said it! But I must add that unfortunately, their position was right. Prior to the massive lay off, most black workers used the race card to levels that it was just stupid. Specially those of Muslim faith.....pretty sad picture if you ask me.

Last edited by Ed Guitar; 09-03-2011 at 11:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies