Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 02:03 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Living in Md. which is highly diverse, I could answer this question very honestly and give the #1 reason why this is. But it will P*** alot of you off, so I will refrain. The truth sometimes should be left alone.
I, for one, would like to hear your thoughts...

Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So for how long should decades old racism be an acceptable excuse for failure? 100 years, 200 years? I mean slavery ended 150 years and we're going on 50 years for the end of Jim Crow. I'm sorry, but 20 something blacks crying about "slavery" and "discrimination" from decades ago as excuse for failure is really pathetic. Asians, and the Irish were heavily discriminated against as well yet I see a distinct lack of Asians and Irish blaming past transgressions for current failures.
A glance at right-wing radio rhetoric shows that racism is still with us today. But regardless, black people have been making major advances in education, crime rates, incomes, and yes, even the number of out-of-wedlock births (don't bother with the percentage, the real story there is that the birthdate among married couples has collapsed), over the past few decades.

I always like when people point to Asians or Irish. The Irish became a part of "white" a lifetime ago, back when the government was actively working to create the white middle class. Asians, meanwhile, still suffer discrimination, which shows up in measures such as their pay rates.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:16 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
A glance at right-wing radio rhetoric shows that racism is still with us today. But regardless, black people have been making major advances in education, crime rates, incomes, and yes, even the number of out-of-wedlock births (don't bother with the percentage, the real story there is that the birthdate among married couples has collapsed), over the past few decades.

I always like when people point to Asians or Irish. The Irish became a part of "white" a lifetime ago, back when the government was actively working to create the white middle class. Asians, meanwhile, still suffer discrimination, which shows up in measures such as their pay rates.
Difference is the Asians don't obsess over it or let their families crumble around them as a result.

BTW certain Asian groups have higher average income than whites, for example Indians.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,298 times
Blk people problem is that they were not part of the middleclass
explosion that created white suburban weatlth in the 40's and 50's.

by the time AA were let into the real economy in the mid 1970's
. The party was over, its like somebody was throwing a party where money
was being tossed around 1pm but blk people got an invitation that said 3pm.

People grabbed up wealth from manufacturing jobs and government benefeits,
then when that all goes away in the 70's,and black people got let in after everybody got rich.
People look around at blacks like why didnt you make any money.

You can not compare blks to asian immigrants,black people are random group.
Asians are self selected group who chose to come here. America has strict immigration laws,they
just dont give anybody visas,plus you have to be determined to get through the process,which explains
their work ethic.

An example would be if I found six white NBA players,and had them play basketball against
random groups of blk guys,and once the white guys won the game. I use that as an template to say blks are lazy in the sports arena.

Conservatives must have all failed sociology 101 in college.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:22 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Teachers should be held accountable for the illiteracy rate of the blacks..get better teachers! Also there should be a push for blue collar jobs such as plumbers , electricians,heating and air conditioning, tool and dye makers and get people into jobs that require skills not just book learning.

So many jobs today require experience. Having a skill from a Technical School or hands on skills can take people off the welfare and unemployment rolls.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 PM

564 posts, read 892,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I, for one, would like to hear your thoughts...
are you sure?

Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay - the choice is live very comfortably off the many welfare handout programs or live 20 men to a slum apartment floor and work for $5 an hour with no over time pay, no health insurance benefits.

Don't forget that the illegals might work, but often only until their first baby is born here and they too can live comfortably off welfare handouts, and many of them work seasonally or as day laborers, mostly for beer and cigarette money while their women sit around in welfare offices.

Over a third of illegals lives on welfare handouts, at least another third are the dead beat fathers not supporting the children of the welfare third.
Down the street from me illegals built a 5 bedroom home , two decks, no expense spared and guess what .. the illegals live good. The owner is suppose to be a dishwasher and he has two children and illegals living with him.. He is home all day and see him constantly going down the street at night.. I saw one day a bunch of new twin sized mattresses being walked in. .. they put in expensive landscaping and brickwork too. He was speaking to a neighbor and said he will not take anything less than brand new.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
What part of "irregardless of education or other factors... " is so difficult to comprehend? College educated, multiple degreed black men will have triple the unemployment of white males with the exact same education and/or credentials. How is black illiteracy, black indigence, black ignorance. black... ... you know, it's ok to say "I don't know". What ****** me off is when the usual suspects start applying their conservative mask over a situation that is cut and dried and try to tell me with a straight face that its "your fault because you are __________ or ____________ or ______________, or you didn't do this or didn't do that or get so and so degree, and its just so much crap because its as plain as the wide nose on my face that its just the way it is. And it stinks.

H

Old 09-04-2011, 06:30 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Teachers should be held accountable for the illiteracy rate of the blacks..get better teachers! Also there should be a push for blue collar jobs such as plumbers , electricians,heating and air conditioning, tool and dye makers and get people into jobs that require skills not just book learning.

So many jobs today require experience. Having a skill from a Technical School or hands on skills can take people off the welfare and unemployment rolls.
Black parents should be held accountable for not caring about, controlling, and properly parenting, their children. In addition, a child that is loved and given proper counciling by their parents almost always do not want to disappoint their parents.

There is nothing preventing blacks from attending a community/technical school after high school to learn a trade. It's a damn good way of earning a decent living if something prevents them from going on to college. Why is it that I rarely see a black HVAC technician, electrician, plumber, concrete/brick mason, drywall/sheet rock hanger, laying tile, roofer, carpenter, landscaper, tree trimmer, interior/exterior painter, appliance repairman, automobile mechanic, irrigation technician, swimming pool serviceman, tire dealer mechanic, carpet/hardwood floor installer, etc., etc.? I see whites and hispanics doing these kind of jobs all the time. These are all respected jobs that pay a reasonable salary. Is it beyond the ability of blacks to attend an inexpensive community/technical trade school? Is it beyond the ability of blacks to do this type of work?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM

943 posts, read 781,989 times
Here are the reasons.

1. Black men were dis-proportionately involved in construction. Construction jobs are not recession proof.

2. Black people are dis-proportionately involved in government jobs. Government jobs has been shedding from the economy.

3. Those with less than a BA have a higher unemployment rate, especially in a recession. And this will also affect the black community.

4. People prefer to hire less qualified white, Asian, and other races above a qualified black employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies