U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2011, 04:45 PM
 
11,403 posts, read 7,363,615 times
Reputation: 4544

Advertisements

Why does the GOP attack programs that help the poor and attack unions that help the middle class, while at the same time push for policies that favor the rich or defend tax cuts for the rich?

 
Old 09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
 
32,503 posts, read 26,398,194 times
Reputation: 19155
why do liberals constantly play class warfare when they know that taxing the rich more wont help anyone except the rich? and why do the liberals constantly support the unions when the unions are only out for themselves?

obama once admitted that more taxation on the rich wont bring in any more revenue, and will cost jobs, and he said he didnt care because he wanted to punish the rich.

and how many times have the unions decided to go on strike because they were not getting exactly what they wanted, which put the worker out of work for a while, and when they finally got the contract they wanted, the company would turn around and lay people off because of the cost of the contract? it happens far more often than you think.

taxing the rich more doesnt help the middle class, it hurts them because in the end THE RICH DONT PAY TAXES if they can pass the cost on to others. lets say you raise taxes on a small business owner, lets say by 10%. what happens? the business owner has a few choices;

1: they can raise prices

2: they can lay people off

3: they can cut portions

4: they can speed up the assembly lines

5: they can doa combination of all of the above

so lets look at these shall we? if the business owner raises prices, who pays? thats right the customer pays. and that doesnt help anyone now does it?

if the business owner lays people off, what happens? more unemployment, and who is that good for? thats right no one.
if the business cuts portion size, what happens? yes thats right, the people get LESS for their money. who does that help? again thats right no one.

if the business owner speeds up the assembly lines, what happens? thats right the employees have to work harder to keep up. who does that help? again NO ONE.

if we keep tax rates low on everyone, and reduce the amount of excessive regulations on business, what happens? prices tend to stay lower, and we get more for our money.

so tell me, why are you still in the "lets raise taxes on the rich" camp?
 
Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 PM
 
Location: St. Joseph Area
6,237 posts, read 8,470,794 times
Reputation: 3101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why does the GOP attack programs that help the poor and attack unions that help the middle class, while at the same time push for policies that favor the rich or defend tax cuts for the rich?
Because the GOP thinks if you're just middle class, it means that you were too lazy to try becoming a CEO, are therefore no better than a welfare recipient, and deserve nothing. In fact, you're worthless to society because you don't create jobs, and to ask for a tax break must mean that you're just looking for a handout from the feds.

Only the ones who sit on piles of cash deserve breaks from the government, not those who struggle to get by.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 PM
 
11,403 posts, read 7,363,615 times
Reputation: 4544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
why do liberals constantly play class warfare when they know that taxing the rich more wont help anyone except the rich? and why do the liberals constantly support the unions when the unions are only out for themselves?

obama once admitted that more taxation on the rich wont bring in any more revenue, and will cost jobs, and he said he didnt care because he wanted to punish the rich.

and how many times have the unions decided to go on strike because they were not getting exactly what they wanted, which put the worker out of work for a while, and when they finally got the contract they wanted, the company would turn around and lay people off because of the cost of the contract? it happens far more often than you think.

taxing the rich more doesnt help the middle class, it hurts them because in the end THE RICH DONT PAY TAXES if they can pass the cost on to others. lets say you raise taxes on a small business owner, lets say by 10%. what happens? the business owner has a few choices;

1: they can raise prices

2: they can lay people off

3: they can cut portions

4: they can speed up the assembly lines

5: they can doa combination of all of the above

so lets look at these shall we? if the business owner raises prices, who pays? thats right the customer pays. and that doesnt help anyone now does it?

if the business owner lays people off, what happens? more unemployment, and who is that good for? thats right no one.
if the business cuts portion size, what happens? yes thats right, the people get LESS for their money. who does that help? again thats right no one.

if the business owner speeds up the assembly lines, what happens? thats right the employees have to work harder to keep up. who does that help? again NO ONE.

if we keep tax rates low on everyone, and reduce the amount of excessive regulations on business, what happens? prices tend to stay lower, and we get more for our money.

so tell me, why are you still in the "lets raise taxes on the rich" camp?
How are liberals playing class warfare? It's the GOP that is trying to cut help to the poor and elderly and weaken unions. Those are the actions of conservatives, not liberals.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Location: US
17,943 posts, read 17,875,935 times
Reputation: 13951
Republicans believe in trickle-down economics, while Democrats believe in trickle-up economics.

Republicans think by giving tax breaks to the wealthy, they will expand and hire more people, which will trickle-down from the top to the bottom. Republicans pay for these tax breaks by eliminating or minimizing programs designed to help the average American.


Democrats think by empowering the "majority" it will create a better business environment because more people will have buying power thus grow the economy and cause demand for businesses to expand and hire. Democrats use higher taxes on the wealthy to create programs to empower the middle and lower class.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,133 posts, read 20,844,095 times
Reputation: 8293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why does the GOP attack programs that help the poor and attack unions that help the middle class, while at the same time push for policies that favor the rich or defend tax cuts for the rich?
They want to serve Dick Armey and their Corporate Masters and help make America a Third world Labor force in order to serve the Colonial Masters they have sold America to



Their tactics of destroying the unions and reducing wages are no different than those of National Socialist Germany when Prescott Bush and Fritz Thyssen were making deals with Hitler. They are the greatest threat America has seen since Slavery
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why does the GOP attack programs that help the poor and attack unions that help the middle class, while at the same time push for policies that favor the rich or defend tax cuts for the rich?
Lol, the middle class saved millions in Wisconsin and NJ when the unions were brought under control. The real question is, why has the laft abandoned the middle class for the millaire union bosses?
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
How are liberals playing class warfare? It's the GOP that is trying to cut help to the poor and elderly and weaken unions. Those are the actions of conservatives, not liberals.
It is widely accepted that Medicare and Social Security are unsustainable. Why doesn't the left want to save those programs? They simply refuse to address the inevitable. They simply want the programs to die, rather than make them something my children' children will enjoy.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Republicans believe in trickle-down economics, while Democrats believe in trickle-up economics.

Republicans think by giving tax breaks to the wealthy, they will expand and hire more people, which will trickle-down from the top to the bottom. Republicans pay for these tax breaks by eliminating or minimizing programs designed to help the average American.


Democrats think by empowering the "majority" it will create a better business environment because more people will have buying power thus grow the economy and cause demand for businesses to expand and hire. Democrats use higher taxes on the wealthy to create programs to empower the middle and lower class.
Mmmm, how do you propose to "empower" the majority? By taking from innovators and job creators? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM
 
Location: FL
15,834 posts, read 8,840,498 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why does the GOP attack programs that help the poor and attack unions that help the middle class, while at the same time push for policies that favor the rich or defend tax cuts for the rich?
I think it is because they are still waiting for the trickle down to start happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top