Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
No, there isn't nearly enough production, but it is what we can do locally. If you farm you can take 15% of your ground based on 1,000 acres, and make enough fuel for your needs.

1 Acre can produce 80-120 gals depending on which crop.

We can't drill oil in our community, so it's our only option if we wan't fuel in an emergency.

I for one believe that this world is headed for just that emergency. Where the gas lines/ odd even days of the late seventies that took place in California will return in the form of rationing and worse.

This will happen sooner than we think, so that is why it is important for our food security, and personal independence.

If i could drill an oil well and pump crude, i'd build a small fractioning tower and make all kinds of fuel. Mommy gov't won't let me.
That whole 1973 thing was nothing but make believe. I knew man who drove a tanker truck back then and he quit the day that he drove into the refinery in McPherson, Ks. and they asked him if he would be hauling black market or legal. He hadn't paid any attention but at the black market pumps people were heavily armed. He loaded up his quota load, brought it to town and parked the truck in front of the employer's place of business and walked away. He said he wssn't about to get shot trying to haul gasoline.

That shortage was never real, at all.

Down here in Comanche and Kiowa counties they have been pumping lots of oil since back in the 1930s and 1940s. Lots of new drilling to take place soon. My son heard one driller talking about having 48 rigs and shooting for 200 in the next two years. I wonder if the EPA knows about all that to come. The tree huggers really don't care for it, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
$535 million is less than .004% of the total annual budget. I prefer to wonder about where that missing trillion went after 9/11, you know, the one that Rumsfeld said they couldn't find... Let's keep things in perspective. A 'failed' investment in green energy is hardly a real crime when you consider that millions of brain dead individuals would rather have us frack ourselves into economic security. And I'm using that word in its energy sense not as a code word for an expletive; however, on second thought, it's also appropriate.
I knew some of the left would be in with that little bit about how little $535 billion really amounts to. How about you figuring out what that could have been used for as unemployment compensation?

I think you need to read that link to see who benefited by that guaranteed loan most. Maybe you don't know that the man is a billionaire and that he "raised" something over $25,000 for Obama's campaign in 2008. You have to look at the truth sometimes so you can understand what the score is.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That whole 1973 thing was nothing but make believe. I knew man who drove a tanker truck back then and he quit the day that he drove into the refinery in McPherson, Ks. and they asked him if he would be hauling black market or legal. He hadn't paid any attention but at the black market pumps people were heavily armed. He loaded up his quota load, brought it to town and parked the truck in front of the employer's place of business and walked away. He said he wssn't about to get shot trying to haul gasoline.

That shortage was never real, at all.

Down here in Comanche and Kiowa counties they have been pumping lots of oil since back in the 1930s and 1940s. Lots of new drilling to take place soon. My son heard one driller talking about having 48 rigs and shooting for 200 in the next two years. I wonder if the EPA knows about all that to come. The tree huggers really don't care for it, at all.
It sure felt real, i guess if you want the price of something to go up, you just create a shortage...

Shhhh. don't let the EPA know... they don't like independent people doing things without permission..

Glad to hear we are getting more American Crude in our supply. Keep it pumping. We're gonna need it.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
What all the greenies fail to realize is our dollar is pegged to oil. What would happen if the world was given a magic generator and didn't need oil anymore? Why do you think we are fighting wars in the middle east? It's not to "steal" their oil its to ensure it's traded in dollars.

The whole green energy movement is a joke and will be as long as the government doles out money. To these companies it's free money to throw away or pilfer. If there was something really viable the private sector would be all over it. Ethanol plants have been shutting down due to the high price of corn. Wow who woulda thunk it huh?? Even with the subsidies it still costs to much to burn our food for fuel and now the cost of meat has soared. More genius idea's from the government.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What all the greenies fail to realize is our dollar is pegged to oil. What would happen if the world was given a magic generator and didn't need oil anymore? Why do you think we are fighting wars in the middle east? It's not to "steal" their oil its to ensure it's traded in dollars.

The whole green energy movement is a joke and will be as long as the government doles out money. To these companies it's free money to throw away or pilfer. If there was something really viable the private sector would be all over it. Ethanol plants have been shutting down due to the high price of corn. Wow who woulda thunk it huh?? Even with the subsidies it still costs to much to burn our food for fuel and now the cost of meat has soared. More genius idea's from the government.
GMO corn ain't good for much else.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Tell that to Vilsack the monsanto shill

Old 09-05-2011, 01:06 AM

1,019 posts, read 589,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This one has made me wonder if we should be trying to "invest" in Green Energy before it gets to the point where it can really take the place of the established forms of energy. When the loan guarantee to Solyndra was made in 2009 it wasn't a solid business but a might be, maybe, kind of thing. Now the tax payer takes a kick in the butt so the billionaire who kicked in a pile of money to the Obama campaign of 2008 comes out on top. Here are the words of the present information giver, Jay Carney, and they do bother me.

Asked about the wisdom of throwing its support behind Solyndra, Press Secretary Jay Carney said there is always risk in such a financing. But in the case of Solyndra and other green energy firms, he said, the risk is worth it.

Solyndra Investigation: Probe Into White House Role in Massive Energy Loan - ABC News
Payola, Inc. CEO Barack Insane Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies