Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who's turn was it to watch the Paulistas? The loons have escaped again!
Oh thank god, we were having way too civil of a discussion here, thank you for bringing name calling back into it before we went too long without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 04:47 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who's turn was it to watch the Paulistas? The loons have escaped again!
You are a one trick pony.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I agree. I don't get this idea that people think the rich owe them anything.
Go out and earn yours like they did.

People who have earned what it is they have, and went to College and College and College, to get their degrees, and sacrificed many hours while going to school, and worked 2 and 3 jobs at the same time as going to school, owe not one person a thing. What! while some sit on their fat --- and expect handouts, i don't think so. Better yourself with education, stop spending and using credit you don't have, and buying things you think you have to have that you cannot aford.

Yes i know many in this situation, they bit-- and complain but do not a thing to help their poor situation. I have money to spend, and i am the cheapest person around, there is the difference right there.

And i get everything i buy on sale or make deals with everyone i come in contact with. Deals are out there, don't be afraid to ask. People who have savings know how to save savings, why is it that those i know who don't make that much, and bit-- are those very people who spend spend spend, what they do not have. You people are in control of your destiny.
Do something to help yourself.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Rich folks aren't about paying there fair share, there about seeing how much more they can make.
I have wondered ever since the left leaners started using that term, fair share, how much that really is. Could you tell me how much it might be?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:03 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,298 times
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there… just to scare the **** out of the middle class. Keep ‘em showing up at those jobs"
-George Carlin

Old 09-04-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You make the naive assumption that their success was ethical. And you ignore that these people have tilted the table to favor them. They own the government and write the laws and would erase our freedoms to tilt that table even steeper toward them if they could. We're talking about the top 1% of the top 1%, the top 400 people that own half the wealth of our nation.

If our system was balanced and people achieved wealth due to their hard labor or intelligence alone, I'd agree with you. But that isn't the case. Instead, we find it acceptable that one person can be equal to 100 million others.
Godamighty you just said that there are three people who equal all the rest of us. That is a bit above the line, don't you think.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
That's what I am talking about...I could not have said it better!!!
Ah, so you agree that there are three people who are equal in wealth to all the rest of us. Maybe you should try to understand what you read before you agree.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Like how they ignore American workers and built factories overseas.
Like how they pressure Congress to allow more foreign workers inside our borders to pay them less.
Like how they form ghost corporations to hide their assets and set up shop in the Bahamas to avoid paying taxes.
Like how they fund lobbying and special interest groups to undermine our democracy.
Like how they fund misinformation campaigns to sway public opinion.
Like how they simply change their name after committing a crime that ruins their reputation.

Yeah, they don't owe America anything. But if we're going to ask them to pay their fair share and own up to their responsibilities as 'citizens', what other form of compensation would be acceptable as a means of holding them accountable to American standards of decency?
Maybe you could tell me what their "fair share" is. Somehow I keep seeing left leaners use that term but they never tell us what fair share means. Is it 50%, 60%, or maybe 80%. What is it?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Being that WE are in such a mess right now, why don't the descendents of The Federal Reserve, The Banks, and major controller of stocks pay off our 16 Trillion debt?

I mean, they've been making money off all our backs for almost 100 years now...this would be a great gift back to all of us. Just say'n...why not?
Ahahahahah. They don't get to be that rich by just giving money away for no reason whatsoever. They don't care that WE are in trouble. They are fine, they have no reason at all to pay the debt off. Why would they do that? Out of the kindness of their hearts?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:32 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
You make the naive assumption that their success was ethical. And you ignore that these people have tilted the table to favor them. They own the government and write the laws and would erase our freedoms to tilt that table even steeper toward them if they could. We're talking about the top 1% of the top 1%, the top 400 people that own half the wealth of our nation.

If our system was balanced and people achieved wealth due to their hard labor or intelligence alone, I'd agree with you. But that isn't the case. Instead, we find it acceptable that one person can be equal to 100 million others.
Bullseye!....and an excellent post. Very well said.

The idea that hard work and talent is what distinguishes the obscenely wealthy from the regular folk today is laughable beyond any measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies