Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm agreeing with you, the left and the right has done it...the left has taken it to levels that would never be accepted by the left if it was said by the right....double standards....hence the go to hell statements....the swinging from the tree statements....

You know how long those would be in the news if a rightie would have said those....but not when a leftie says it....it will make the MSM news about 1 minute...that's it....
Disagree with the bold. (Am not going to give the examples the advantage of bolding.) Do you forget all the things the right has said? Or do you just not know?

Quote:
I'm telling you I agree with you...what would have happened if Sarah Palin would have said the "left can go straight to hell", it would have been news for months....but no on the left.....what if bachman said "some want to see certain people hanging from a tree"....again NEWS for weeks or more....

From 2009...

You decide....

Children in single-parent families by race - Data Across States - KIDS COUNT Data Center

Children in single-parent families by race - Data Across States - KIDS COUNT Data Center

2% increase in 9 years....
Sarah Palin said plenty that was just as bad. And speaking of St. Sarah, what do you think the right would have said if Obama had had a pregnant teenage daughter? She got a free ride on that one, from Obama himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Disagree with the bold. (Am not going to give the examples the advantage of bolding.) Do you forget all the things the right has said? Or do you just not know?

Sarah Palin said plenty that was just as bad. And speaking of St. Sarah, what do you think the right would have said if Obama had had a pregnant teenage daughter? She got a free ride on that one, from Obama himself.
Black and Kat,

Both sides do this, however, it is the LEFT that said we need to stop this type of language....obama said it, so did pelosi....

What would have happened if Palin said, "some people want to see them haning in a tree", really, that would have been news for MONTHS....

Just look at how long the MSM went on about her writing a note on her hand...

Black and Kat, if they are so easy to find and they have been in the news for the last several months.....then it should not be that hard for yuo to post some links....

Remember though...no hear say...direct links to a rightie using the same type of language....

Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Black and Kat,

Both sides do this, however, it is the LEFT that said we need to stop this type of language....obama said it, so did pelosi....

What would have happened if Palin said, "some people want to see them haning in a tree", really, that would have been news for MONTHS....

Just look at how long the MSM went on about her writing a note on her hand...

Black and Kat, if they are so easy to find and they have been in the news for the last several months.....then it should not be that hard for yuo to post some links....

Remember though...no hear say...direct links to a rightie using the same type of language....
Why should we post links and

a. Get into some p****** contest?
b. Have the RW say regarding each and every one: "Oh, that's different"!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My post was not a deflection. I'd like a little enlightenment. I could surf the web and find lots of despicable comments made by right and left alike. I don't understand why some people here on CD pick up on a particular remark and then go off in a huff demanding that Obama "denounce" the speaker.
Perhaps because 0-bama has displayed a history of insrting himself in many different situations that he should stay clear of. Inserting himself, of course, only if he sees personal gain from doing it.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Wow. Listen to this from Peiffer, obama's communications director.

Again and again he refuses to denounce the comments of a man who introduced obama at this rally.

Now remember, when obama came up on the stage, he told the unions goons how proud he was of Hoffa.

White House Communications Director DAN PFEIFFER on 630 WMAL - YouTube

Obama is taking some very deserved heat for this.

I like the lady's comment at the end. She looks forward to the "new" standard from the WH.

I guess the "new tone" obama talked about a few months ago doesn't apply anymore.

I think the reason the WH won't denounce such inflammatory rhetoric is this IS their plan, this IS the kind of discourse they will use on the campaign trail.

Based on the reaction from the media, I think they better revise the strategy.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:53 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
<snip>Now remember, when obama came up on the stage, he told the unions goons how proud he was of Hoffa.
Please link to the video where you allege Obama said that.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Please link to the video where you allege Obama said that.
Why? It wouldn't make any difference to you, would it?

It was so, so, so hard to find.

Obama Says He Is "Proud" Of Hoffa | RealClearPolitics

Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Quote:
Why? It wouldn't make any difference to you, would it?

It was so, so, so hard to find.

Obama Says He Is "Proud" Of Hoffa | RealClearPolitics
Why didn't you mention the others he said he was proud of?

He DIDN'T say he was proud of Hoffa solely...PERIOD

Quote:
And some proud sons and daughters of Michigan representing working people here and
across the country—SEIU President Mary Kay Henry, Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa, UAW
President Bob King, Utility Workers President Mike Langford. (Applause.) We are proud of
them and we’re proud of your congressional delegation who are working every single day with
your state and local elected officials to create jobs and economic growth and prosperity here in
Michigan and all across the country.
Transcript

Old 09-07-2011, 01:46 PM

See, told ya.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
See, told ya.

Where did you tell us you would twist and lie in an attempt to prove a point? I may have missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies