Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Soooo..What and where is the Republican controlled Congress Plan? Are they going to release the blue print to a Jobs plan like they did with the HealthCare blueprint?
Different people think differently. The repubs believe you don't need a "job" plan. What you need is an economy plan.

Something that will give the American consumer confidence in their plight.

Those than have jobs are worried about keeping that job so they are not spending.

Business are not hiring because there is no demand for their products. And are unsure of the new laws and how it affects them.

When demand goes up, businesses hire in order to meet that demand.

So, the key isn't to have a "job" plan but, to unleash the uncertain feeling many Americans have by letting them know their job is secure.

Those jobs won't be secure until the gov't gets out of the way and let the businesses feel secure in their plight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Let Congressman Joe Wilson give the rebuttal with his famous 2 words
At least his would be the truth!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
GOP response to helping stimulate job growth: ....... (crickets)

Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
For those saying we don't need infrastructure spending:

10 Major U.S. Bridges in Need of Repair [Gallery] | INFRASTRUCTURIST

Report finds thousands of U.S. bridges in dangerous need of repair | Homeland Security News Wire

I live in Pittsburgh, and Pennsylvania is the state with the largest number of deteriorating bridges with more than 1 of 4 bridges in need of repair – 5,906 out of a total of 22,271.

Now, who wants to give us the stats on aging sewage issues that are huge problems in most Northeastern cities and towns, and as time goes by, every other area of the country will experience the issue. It's all aging and must be repaired.

Who owns the bridges, the sewer systems?

If they are state or city or town not one red cent of MY tax dollars should go to your state.

It is not the rest of the countries responsibility because your state politicians haven't taken care of their own.

Have they been collecting transportation/gas taxes all these years? Where has all those tens of millions, probably billions by now, gone?

One of the problems we have today is states look to the fed as a sugar daddy. The screw up and come to Uncle Sam to bail them out. We are broke, enough is enough.

Take responsibility for your own state.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Soooo..What and where is the Republican controlled Congress Plan? Are they going to release the blue print to a Jobs plan like they did with the HealthCare blueprint?
I think this time they'll probably wait for obama's plan and maybe a budget from the Senate dems (800+ days WITHOUT a budget).

Can you point me to your post(s) clamoring, demanding for the Senate dems to propose a budget, which by law they are required to do?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 PM

995 posts, read 1,114,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Who owns the bridges, the sewer systems?

If they are state or city or town not one red cent of MY tax dollars should go to your state.

It is not the rest of the countries responsibility because your state politicians haven't taken care of their own.

Have they been collecting transportation/gas taxes all these years? Where has all those tens of millions, probably billions by now, gone?

One of the problems we have today is states look to the fed as a sugar daddy. The screw up and come to Uncle Sam to bail them out. We are broke, enough is enough.

Take responsibility for your own state.
The federal govt mandates the repairs and pays a large chunk of it. The cities and towns do have to come up with their share.
In PA, our gas taxes go toward road repairs.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think this time they'll probably wait for obama's plan and maybe a budget from the Senate dems (800+ days WITHOUT a budget).

Can you point me to your post(s) clamoring, demanding for the Senate dems to propose a budget, which by law they are required to do?

It wouldn't be the first time they waited for Obama and the Dems to present a plan before they drafted their blueprint to a plan. Nice try on attempting to change the subject. I'll show you my post as soon as you show me your post where you demanded that Bush and the Repubs stop spending like drunken sailors.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I think the GOP is making a big mistake here. Obama's speech is much ado about nothing, I don't expect he'll have any real ideas and is just going through the motions. But the GOP should take the economic situation seriously and have enough respect for the president to offer a response. Obama may be becoming increasingly irrelevant but the country deserves a government that takes its job seriously. Taking off to watch football is not taking that job seriously.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What are they going to say? Cut spending to the bone, cut taxes on the richest Americans and abolish Social Security and Medicare? If that's your platform, I can see why you wouldn't take the opportunity to present it to the American public.
Cutting spending is bad?
Who is calling for cuts? Just not increases.
who called for abolishing ss and medicare?
I wish I could get all my dollars back from ss. It would have been worth a lot more.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:24 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Who the hell cares what Boner does? He's the dumbest Speaker of the House that we have ever had, and a member of a party that has meant nothing but failure for 11 years running now.

The President of the United States will put forth a plan tomorrow that will be exactly what this country needs. It will be opposed by the GOP, not because it's a bad plan, but because they think that preventing Obama from succeeding shows that they represent success. WRONG!
Rememeber Speaker Pelosi, of, "Let's pass it to see what's in it." fame? Bohener may not be the best Speaker of the House, but Pelosi is closer to being the dumbest than him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies