Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 AM

77,951 posts, read 60,120,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not live in a town or city, I hear gun shots all the time, but I am far enough away from hearing my neighbor mowing his yard. I only have one neighbor with a lawn. My other neighbors are like me and do not bother putting in a lawn. However, I certainly would not shoot the critter in town.

As a previous poster noted, if I had a choice, I would hang the critter from the ceiling in my garage, rather than field dress the critter in my driveway. I have a drain that leads to my septic tank in my garage and I have a gravel driveway.

I know several people who do precisely what the article describes. They own bush rigs that they can use to simply drive up to the moose they shot and either field dress it on the spot, or haul the entire critter back to their property where they clean it.

I define a good neighbor as one who minds their own business. If what I do on my own property is perfectly legal, I do not give a rat's ass what any of my neighbors may think. Nor is it any of my business what my neighbor does on his property, assuming it is legal.
Yeah, this is the fundamental difference between doing something like this in a more private setting like you have than in suburbia (including gunfire) when your neighbors driveway might be 10feet from yours.

Your definitions of good neighbor should meet up with the neighbor my grandparents had years back. Animal horder....150+ dogs....nothing quite like the smell of mounds of dog poop, dead dogs, howling\crying dogs 24-7 and what not because they were diseased and uncared for. When the local govt. finally was able to step in every dog was beyond saving and the building itself had to be condemned. Yeah....just mind your own business and buy nose and ear plugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,384,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
My only neighbor could mow his lawn with a V8 lawn mower with open headers and I wouldn't hear him.
LOL! That is one serious mower!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,384,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your definitions of good neighbor should meet up with the neighbor my grandparents had years back. Animal horder....150+ dogs....nothing quite like the smell of mounds of dog poop, dead dogs, howling\crying dogs 24-7 and what not because they were diseased and uncared for. When the local govt. finally was able to step in every dog was beyond saving and the building itself had to be condemned. Yeah....just mind your own business and buy nose and ear plugs.
Alaska state law requires a kennel license if you own more than three dogs. In addition, my particular subdivision covenant prohibits anyone from owning more than three dogs. Like I said, if what they are doing on their own property is legal, it is none of my business. Nor is it any of their business what I do on my property, providing it is legal.

What you described is not legal.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,040,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal;20795307[B
]Liberals hate those who display any kind of self-sufficiency[/b]. Disorderly conduct is children witnessed the butchering? Heck any family children should have been lending a hand in the process of packaging up the meat for the freezer. It would have been stupid to shoot the cow in the driveway so it seems the facts between what the owner of the cow and neighbor have reported are unclear.

People need to get their panties out of a wad. If a man can butcher/process a cow in his driveway in a single afternoon I'd rather see that then some junk vehicle in the driveway being worked upon over months or years. If you don't want to see a cow carcass being cut up just don't look.

The comments from folks who have obviously never killed and processed their own meat are sad. They have no clue of what is actually humane.
What an uninformed comment...out here where I live there are countless liberal, (some would say hippies) self sufficient types.

The thing that gets me is that I know if I were to put out a clothesline in my front yard and hang my underwear out to dry some of the same people defending this man would have an absolute fit.

Some of the same people would have a fit if they saw me kiss my partner on the front porch...two men kissing would send them over the edge.

I think I'll open a liberal hippie commune at my house...conservatives would love that!

For the record, I have no problem with what this man did...I spent a lot of time at my grandparents farm...and am my no means squeamish. The problem I have where he did it.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,254,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Yes they should. Everyone who eats meat
Of the guy naked in his driveway?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,746,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
A kinder society is what we need to strive for. Put blood thirst in the rear view mirror. A slab of meat is decadent gluttony full of fat, hormones, disease and laden with inherent cruelty. Go veg.
Sorry, nature made us what nature made us.

Are lions or wolves or any one of tens of thousands of carnivores and omnivores cruel and gluttonous for eating meat too?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,824,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
"Rocket surgery"?? What is "rocket surgery?" Sorry, couldn't resist J/K
Similar to brain science....

Old 09-08-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
talk about a third world, lol...I dont want to live in a town where people slaughter animals, how disgusting and unsanitary.
LOL...leftists.

Better left to the factory so you can FEEEEEL better about it.

Pussoirs abound.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,746,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Of the guy naked in his driveway?
Generally cannibalism is frowned upon in most human societies, but when he's naked it's easier to skin him at least.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
For the record, I have no problem with what this man did...I spent a lot of time at my grandparents farm...and am my no means squeamish. The problem I have where he did it.
On his property...yes that would greatly anno a lot of leftists,people doing what they want on their own property.

Why,there ought to be a LAW!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies