Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Not my problem if you take an issue many years before the election and blame it on Obama.

That's not just insane, it's defying the laws of physics. Makes it kind of hard to take you seriously.
I don't recall Bush personally going out to that company numerous times, to tout their success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ah, a typo. Meant are. But then again, only the pathetic couldn't figure that out........
Yeah, where else would this poster require exact words to believe something...

How sad to be so inconsistent with ones own beliefs.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Yeah, where else would this poster require exact words to believe something...

How sad to be so inconsistent with ones own beliefs.
Hit a nerve, didn't I champ. Of course a typo and a complete misrepresentation of a post are two different things. But again, only the pathetic.........

Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Oh dear. The GOP House committee is leaking the WH emails. Way to go guys.

White House pushed $500 million loan to solar company now under investigation - The Washington Post

Quote:
The August 2009 e-mails, released to The Washington Post, show White House officials repeatedly asking OMB reviewers when they would be able to decide on the federal loan and noting a looming press event at which they planned to announce the deal. In response, OMB officials expressed concern that they were being rushed to approve the company’s project without adequate time to assess the risk to taxpayers, according to information provided by Republican congressional investigators.

“We have ended up with a situation of having to do rushed approvals on a couple of occasions (and we are worried about Solyndra at the end of the week),” one official wrote. That Aug. 31, 2009, message, written by a senior OMB staffer and sent to Terrell P. McSweeny, Biden’s domestic policy adviser, concluded, “We would prefer to have sufficient time to do our due diligence reviews.”
Obviously, the WH couldn't allow them the time to do their jobs...after all, obama had a press event scheduled with this company.

The dam on this story is finally breaking.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Not my problem if you take an issue many years before the election and blame it on Obama.

That's not just insane, it's defying the laws of physics. Makes it kind of hard to take you seriously.
You have a title and subject claiming that Bush or the Republicans have a problem and I point out where you come up short and ... YOU have a problem taking ME seriously!

I am
I tell ya!

Old 09-13-2011, 08:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You have a title and subject claiming that Bush or the Republicans have a problem and I point out where you come up short and ... YOU have a problem taking ME seriously!

I am
I tell ya!
Yeah, here you go;

Quote:
The results of the Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.
The BUSHBUSHBUSH meme from the Left is going nowhere on this.

This indicates how skeered they are of this debacle.

I really can't wait for the RNC ads to come out.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
WashingtonPost

Old 09-13-2011, 09:01 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Solyndra: Bankrupt Solar Company A Republican Problem, Not Just Obama's

I know a lot of you Dems and libs would like it that way, but that's not how the MSM is portraying it, and (drum roll), they're talking about campaign donations, and not to the GOP. This could get real salty for the WH.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Solyndra: Bankrupt Solar Company A Republican Problem, Not Just Obama's

I know a lot of you Dems and libs would like it that way, but that's not how the MSM is portraying it, and (drum roll), they're talking about campaign donations, and not to the GOP. This could get real salty for the WH.
But, but, it's Bush's fault..........

Old 09-13-2011, 09:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Solyndra could be Obama's waterloo regardless how long the DOJ stalls Issa/Grassley on the "Fast & Furious" investigation. It is no coincidence that his administration is repeately found downwind of the fan. Eventually the fecal matter is going to stick to the empty teflon suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies