Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times

Advertisements

Hmm, you have some good points there.

Thing is, in that world, as you outlined, that is was takes place and what goes on. Then, your thrown to the dogs when you outlive your usefulness, or in this case, the spotlight is shown on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The world is full of women who work hard and play by the rules. They are diligent, honest, respectable and decent. These same women have their faces stepped on by individuals like Ms. Lewinsky who climb the ladder of success with ease because they s**k their boss's c**k.

Ms. Lewinsky's sort work everywhere and in every field. In the restaurant business she's the one special waitress who gets to show up late, pick any section she likes and blow-off her side work. In the business world, she gets away with numbers that don't add up and customers who don't come back. In sales, she is given the best leads and the desk by the door.

Ms. Lewinsky is the enemy of every woman who respects herself and every man who works his *** off to provide for his family. Yes diligent employees, you should be treated with more respect at your job, but you won't be because your co-worker has whored herself out and, in doing so, has brought all her co-workers down to her level.

I am not aware that Ms. Lewinsky has publicly apologized to the working women of the world for trading her dignity, and by extension the dignity of all women, for a few special favors. I don't recall her apologizing to working men who have to suffer the indignity of sexual harassment education like naughty children who might be thinking about doing something they haven't done and being threatened with termination and legal action if they do something they likely weren't going to do anyway.

If I am wrong about Ms. Lewinsky, if she has apologized to all the parents who had to explain to a young child what oral sex is years before the subject should have come up, then she should be accepted back into society as before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Many a successful acting career for women has begun this way. And sometimes a career has been stopped in its tracks because the woman would NOT lay down on the couch. Melanie Griffiths has revealed the career of her mother, Tippi Hedren (who was slated to be the "next Grace Kelly") was stonewalled because she refused to sleep with Alfred Hitchcock.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but she was only concerned in the first place because her taste for gossip"
You are entitled to your opinion. I however disagree. She started recording the conversation because Monica was telling her about the affair she was having with Bill. If it was found out Monica was telling her...refer back to my post.

I love all the Bush haters try to blame Ken Starr as if he was rogue headhunter, ignoring he worked for Janet Reno, the Attorney General, who he briefed on what he found and she GAVE HIM AUTHORITY to continue.
Huh? What does Bush have anything to do with this? He was the Gov. of Texas then. He didn't have doodley squat to do with any of it.

I know Janet Reno authorized Starr. Good for him- he made a couple of million on a wild goose chase. He was a rogue head hunter, but had to the good sense to get out of D.C. on the run and fade back into obscurity.

There was plenty of bad behavior to go around on all sides. Clinton shouldn't have done what he did, Monica and Linda shouldn't have done what they did, Starr shouldn't have done what he did, and Newt and several other Republican House members shouldn't have done what they did. It was all a slo-mo trainwreck distraction and nothing at all came of it.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:21 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez...don't some of you people have any control of your kids? When i asked my parents a question they didn't want to answer, they told me "none of your damn business." Or, "this isn't something you need to know and i'll tell you at the appropriate time...and this aint it. Now take your ass outside and go play somewhere!"

You're not forced to tell your children everything they want to know, especially if it's not age appropriate. So don't blame Lewinsky or Clinton for your lack of guts when dealing with your own children.

It's a shame some children are throw-away kids.

It is important that the children I raise have the correct information. I'm sure you would agree that a caring parent is a better source of information than the kid up the street.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:34 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
I have no problem with Monica. I wish her the best. Many daughters would have easily beened wowed by a charming and powerful man like Bill Clinton

Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Did she get a raise or promotion because of what she did? If she did, I missed it.

She was a very young, impressionable girl, who mistook a leacherous older man's advances for love. She was young and inexperienced. It happens all the time, unfortunately.

What she did was not right, however, what Bill Clinton did was much worse, he used his power and position to take advantage of her, yet people don't vilify him for it.....instead they crucify Monica.

Monica was not breaking marriage vows......Bill was, yet society has given him a pass.

From the interviews I have seen of Monica, she seems to be a very nice person....and doesn't deserve the treatment she is getting for a mistake she made in her youth.

Why is it that you are showing no hatred or contempt towards married men that cheat on their wives? Why aren't you holding them accountable for their actions? Do you think these women force them to have sex at gunpoint? Do you think men are incapable of telling the "little head" no?
Actually, she's not such a nice person and she wasn't such an innocent, impressionable young girl. Prior to her internship, she already had a track record for being fraudulent and for using people. She's really rather disgusting. IF she had been, as you say, a young impressionable girl, then I would agree with everything you've said, because yes, young girls can make mistakes. There's more to her than meets the eye. Do a little research.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Big flippin deal, and we care why! boy people sure have their priorities screwed, if you have to bring this up.

Who cares, more important things to worry about.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Every time this topic comes up there are the predicable kneejerk cries of "Republican witchhunt." But almost never is it mentioned that the witchhunt apparatus was designed and built by none other than democrats themselves, and their trial lawyer pals. In fact the law that was used to hunt down Lewinskey was signed into law by PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON HIMSELF. It was designed to make life easier for lawyers pursuing sexual harassment claims, and Clinton wound up hoist by his own petard.
http://www.nytimes.com/books/00/07/0...02kozinst.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
Rosen uses Paula Jones's sexual harassment case... to explore the ways in which the law has evolved to permit -- indeed, to encourage -- the ransacking of people's private lives. Jones, it will be recalled, sued the president...Just a few years ago, their investigation would have been limited to the circumstances surrounding the incident in question. In an ironic twist of fate, however, President Clinton had signed into law the Molinari amendments to the federal rules of evidence in 1994... This change in the law opened the investigation into Clinton's affairs, and attempted affairs, with women who had worked for him.

Last edited by wutitiz; 10-19-2011 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies