Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:55 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyr View Post
i am a conservative, so i am only making this list for fun... but what would a stereotypical ultra-conservative lifestyle consist of (all aspects)

i mean conservative as in American neo-conservaive not as racist paleo-conservative or foreign conservative

Transportation-----
drive a full-size SUV or pickup made in America
Slap a "support the troops" or "these colors don't run" sticker on the bumper

Sports/recreation------
football/NFL
Nascar
Golf??? (is this conservative?)
Hunting/target practice
build model warplanes/tanks/hot rods
civil war re-enactment???

Home------
a suburban McMansion
in a red state
own a large breed of dog

Food/drink-------
american beer
anything BBQed
steak
beef jerky
fast food

Religion-------
protestant Christianity
attend a megachurch
watch teleevangelists/send them money

Communications-----
watch Foxnews
watch reality TV shows????
read the Wall st Journal
read Newsmax magazine
subscribe to guns and ammo, popular mechanics and motortrend
listen to conservative talk radio

Music-----
country
patriotic ballads/marches
hymns
Christian rock

Jobs----
join national guard
volunteer to be boy scout leader
get an white collar office/IT job????

Clothes------
cowboy jeans
cowboy boots
Wal-mart bought clothes
button up shirts???
trucker hats????
don't mess with Texas shirts

anything to add? are any of these not generically associated with conservative lifestyles?
It is funny when Conservativs get stereotyped, but if I start to put some liberal stereotypes, I will be slammed with negatives and a moderator will suspend me.

So much for free speech and tolerance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 12:59 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellinghamite View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood the original poster's intent, but he did say this thread was supposed to be about neoconservatives.
...and that's what I'm talking about.....

Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Neoconservative Persuasion
Neo-conservative - SourceWatch

There are at least a zillion more "definitions" out there. If you read them, you'll see what I mean. There is nothing separating the ideals of the fictitious north-eastern Wall Street stiff who makes $500,000 a year(that was mentioned above), from that of Billy Bob Smith who drives the gun-racked pickup living in the "Grassy Knoll Trailer Park".(Who actually exists). One of them has just figured out how to work the system a little better than the other.

~T

Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 PM

264 posts, read 694,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
It is funny when Conservativs get stereotyped, but if I start to put some liberal stereotypes, I will be slammed with negatives and a moderator will suspend me.

So much for free speech and tolerance!
You sure about that? You might get some negative responses, but I doubt any moderator will suspend you as long as you don't get personal.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
...and that's what I'm talking about.....

Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Neoconservative Persuasion
Neo-conservative - SourceWatch

There are at least a zillion more "definitions" out there. If you read them, you'll see what I mean. There is nothing separating the ideals of the fictitious north-eastern Wall Street stiff who makes $500,000 a year(that was mentioned above), from that of Billy Bob Smith who drives the gun-racked pickup living in the "Grassy Knoll Trailer Park".(Who actually exists). One of them has just figured out how to work the system a little better than the other.

~T
I contend that powerful neocons like Dubya, McCain, Karl Rove, Feith, Wolfowitz, Perle, Bernanke, and Chertoff only appear to share the values of Joe Sixpack, who is far too much in the dark about such men to recognize how different they really are from him. This is why I drew a distinction between conservative and neoconservative in my previous post.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I contend that powerful neocons like Dubya, McCain, Karl Rove, Feith, Wolfowitz, Perle, Bernanke, and Chertoff only appear to share the values of Joe Sixpack, who is far too much in the dark about such men to recognize how different they really are from him. This is why I drew a distinction between conservative and neoconservative in my previous post.

Oh I never said THOSE folks shared the same values. Joe Sixpack only THINKS they do, which is why those fools have been ruling the roost for 7 years.

I still don't get the significance of your distinction? A neocon can be homeless, lol. It has nothing to do with your economic background.

~T

Old 08-19-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Oh I never said THOSE folks shared the same values. Joe Sixpack only THINKS they do, which is why those fools have been ruling the roost for 7 years.

I still don't get the significance of your distinction? A neocon can be homeless, lol. It has nothing to do with your economic background.

~T
Uh...then what does it have to do with?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Uh...then what does it have to do with?

Read those links.

~T

Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,434 times
I am deathly afraid of NASCAR people. These guy in the pick-up trucks with gun racks and confederate flags. Outside of fixing cars they have IQ's of 2.5 yet they always spout out of the mouth about politics. Let's not forget the centuries of inbreeding.

Don't think these people have power among conservatives? Watch NASCAR and count how many Ricky Bobbys there are....MILLIONS!

Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
I am deathly afraid of NASCAR people. These guy in the pick-up trucks with gun racks and confederate flags. Outside of fixing cars they have IQ's of 2.5 yet they always spout out of the mouth about politics. Let's not forget the centuries of inbreeding.

Don't think these people have power among conservatives? Watch NASCAR and count how many Ricky Bobbys there are....MILLIONS!
"Deathly afraid?" Of what? I note that your description of "NASCAR people" is comprised entirely of stereotypes. No offense, but that makes you look paranoid, whether you really are or not.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:05 PM

420 posts, read 2,199,443 times
PPG, I don't think your stereotype of NASCAR is correct. Maybe it's from watching Talladega Nights too many times or something, but in actuality, NASCAR is one of the fastest growing "sports" in the country and the amount of sponsorship dollars that passes through would make you think twice about the term NASCAR people. Sure, there are probably tons of people just like the stereotype that you mentioned, but I don't think it has anything to do with being NASCAR fans. I mean, I'm sure they like football and baseball too. The part about centuries of inbreeding is merely an attack which deserves no merit in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies