U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 AM

10,372 posts, read 8,592,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Why do you feel the need to post derogatory comments about Ms. Clinton?

She has certainly earned my respect over the years...

Hillary has never been about the cover story. There is real substance under her outer cover.

That is what we all should be looking at.

As I said, I admire Hillary Clinton!!!! I didn't mean to be derogatory. But when you look at the other political people, they are ALWAYS well groomed. If you saw the President's Address last night, you see all of the men in their best suits and groomed, all of the women dressed to the nines. and then there's Hillary. My hairdresser used to have a picture of her with some of his customers sitting in front of the mirror. I used to see it every month and think how beautiful AND INTELLIGENT she was, that we were so lucky to have such a fine First Lady. But she no longer even attempts to dress nicely. that's what I'm getting at.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 AM

7,405 posts, read 2,807,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

////////////////////// born November 11, 1962
How can you compare an actress like Demi Moore with the Sectary of State? Moore's career is based on her looks and she has to spend hours every day keeping her body and face in tip-top condition---it's her a big part of her job to keep looking good. Hillary has one of the highest stress jobs in the world and very little time for primping. Moore was born in 1962 and Clinton was born in 1947 so a comparison of woman's looks with a 15 year spread in age is completely ridiculous even without the differences in their careers.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:38 AM

21,002 posts, read 11,357,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
As I said, I admire Hillary Clinton!!!! I didn't mean to be derogatory. But when you look at the other political people, they are ALWAYS well groomed. If you saw the President's Address last night, you see all of the men in their best suits and groomed, all of the women dressed to the nines. and then there's Hillary. My hairdresser used to have a picture of her with some of his customers sitting in front of the mirror. I used to see it every month and think how beautiful AND INTELLIGENT she was, that we were so lucky to have such a fine First Lady. But she no longer even attempts to dress nicely. that's what I'm getting at.
You must've thought Mother Theresa was toally worthless....Gosh if only she had dressed a little sharper, had a little nip here and a tuck there and some Oil of Olay, a personal trainer.......why she could've done a much better job!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:47 AM

4,160 posts, read 1,569,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You must've thought Mother Theresa was toally worthless....Gosh if only she had dressed a little sharper, had a little nip here and a tuck there and some Oil of Olay, a personal trainer.......why she could've done a much better job!!!

You remind me that back during the Reagan presidency some 'group' announced that they had awarded Nancy Reagan their first annual (and, I believe only, for I never heard of them afterwards) "Humanitariam award" for her service to the poor and wretched (or words to that effect).

Jay Leno, hosting for Johnny Carson, spoke of the award. He then quipped:

"I'm glad Mrs Reagan beat out that conniving (w)itch, Mother Teresa!"

Old 09-09-2011, 08:59 AM

1,817 posts, read 772,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The job she has is physically draining. She probably doesn't get enough sleep for one thing, what with hopping from continent to continent and keeping a schedule that would soon have many of us looking bedraggled, as well. Plus, what she does has to be a source of mental fatigue as well. I think she does pretty well, all things considered.
Apologizing for Barack Hussein and America for electing him would drain anyone. Has she gotten over entering a room and everyone looking behind her for Bill?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 AM

1,817 posts, read 772,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How can you compare an actress like Demi Moore with the Sectary of State? Moore's career is based on her looks and she has to spend hours every day keeping her body and face in tip-top condition---it's her a big part of her job to keep looking good. Hillary has one of the highest stress jobs in the world and very little time for primping. Moore was born in 1962 and Clinton was born in 1947 so a comparison of woman's looks with a 15 year spread in age is completely ridiculous even without the differences in their careers.

Have you seen Rachel Welch? She STILL looks great. It's all about taking care of yourself.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 AM

6,185 posts, read 3,078,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Being a nasty facist and having a criminal mindset are taking their toll on Slithery.
That's the way hippies looked in the '60s.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 AM

22,811 posts, read 6,600,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am an admirer of Ms Clinton, voted for her in the Dem primary. But I've noticed that she always appears very drab, very tired looking. How come she doesn't make an attempt to make herself more attractive like most others in politics? She was once very attractive when she was First Lady, but appears to just have "let herself go".
Maybe she's tired looking because she's tired. That's one hell of a job and it must take a horrible toll on ones' health. Especially in the last few years. She's gotta be putting in 14 hour days fairly regularly.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 AM

8,301 posts, read 2,687,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I think she does pretty well, all things considered.
I think she looks more disgusted than anything
She has put on a little weight - must be all those out of town dinners - I'm jealous

Not to mention, with HD - no one looks as good on TV as they used to. I do wish she'd trash the pant suits, but if she's comfortable...

I think she's growing old gracefully - at least she doesn't
look like a freak, and her lips don't enter the room before
she does

Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 AM

7,405 posts, read 2,807,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Have you seen Rachel Welch? She STILL looks great. It's all about taking care of yourself.
Again. A plastic filled movie star whose job is to keep looking good is not normal and shouldn't be held up as an example of "taking care of yourself." Welch has her own line of wigs and beauty products and hides behind big sunglasses half the time. The Sectary of State barely gets time to pee during her busy and very long days as a public servant.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-09-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies