Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am an admirer of Ms Clinton, voted for her in the Dem primary. But I've noticed that she always appears very drab, very tired looking. How come she doesn't make an attempt to make herself more attractive like most others in politics? She was once very attractive when she was First Lady, but appears to just have "let herself go".
The lady is almost 64 years old and works 24/7, she is not "very tired looking," she's actually tired! Ms. Clinton has never been a fashion plate - I think she looks pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And you think she's in a beauty pageant why?

No, female politicians do NOT need $4,00 makeovers with an inch of lip gloss...oh, wait, Repug women do because they are first considered women (breeding stock where value is placed on looks because they're things, not humans)..

I think I'll judge Clinton on her accomplishments and actions...just like she's a regular HUMAN.

Repugs can go with their emphasis on looks (Palin, Bachman)...afterall , it's worked so well
Astute analysis.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
And Repugs think looks and lipgloss are what women are all about....worked well for Palin and Bachmann...they're goners!!!!

And neither one ever made it to one of the most important and powerful jobs ...Secretary of State....
Quote:
And look what political party is really dishing the misogyny and stupid , backwards, ignorant sexist remarks....Big surprise, the Repugnants!

Ya, THEIR idea of women politicians really worked well

Sarah who?

And soon to be... Bachmann, who's that?

And in abortion threads they deny they're against abortion because they hate women????? Proof right here.....
Quote:
And you think she's in a beauty pageant why?

No, female politicians do NOT need $4,00 makeovers with an inch of lip gloss...oh, wait, Repug women do because they are first considered women (breeding stock where value is placed on looks because they're things, not humans)..

I think I'll judge Clinton on her accomplishments and actions...just like she's a regular HUMAN.

Repugs can go with their emphasis on looks (Palin, Bachman)...afterall , it's worked so well
You know what is sad, Who? Me?!? Is that I actually agree with you on the subject of Hillary Clinton and her looks and judging women on their looks AND that they shouldn't have to go under the knife just to appease some low self esteemed girl out there. (If you scan back a few pages, you will see what I wrote.)

BUT, you go and ruin it all by spewing your "repug" crap. I AM one of those "repugs" you harp on about. What you say about "repugs" is NOT true and it disgusts me that you should have to stoop so low as to make asinine comments about an entire party on this subject. No, we do NOT all think women are nothing but baby machines and no, we do NOT all judge on looks, and no, we do NOT all think women are not humans and no, we are not all against abortion because we hate women. Totally absurd, unfounded claims, by you.

Just stick to the dang topic and keep your hateful political vomit out of it.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You know what is sad, Who? Me?!? Is that I actually agree with you on the subject of Hillary Clinton and her looks and judging women on their looks AND that they shouldn't have to go under the knife just to appease some low self esteemed girl out there. (If you scan back a few pages, you will see what I wrote.)

BUT, you go and ruin it all by spewing your "repug" crap. I AM one of those "repugs" you harp on about. What you say about "repugs" is NOT true and it disgusts me that you should have to stoop so low as to make asinine comments about an entire party on this subject. No, we do NOT all think women are nothing but baby machines and no, we do NOT all judge on looks, and no, we do NOT all think women are not humans and no, we are not all against abortion because we hate women. Totally absurd, unfounded claims, by you.

Well, as my posts show it would be a cold day in hell 2 Dogs in the Sun for me to ever be accused of being a Hillary fan but I do have to admit - with Bachmann in the current limelight and Palin playing around the edges - Repub women compared to Dem women do appear to be good for little more than what he claims.

Before you get mad - I'm just sayin' . . .

Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

If you have been in the political forum long enough you'd see that everything I say about Repugs is true, there are thousands of examples...your claiming that all that is untrue is unfounded. And repugs have proven me correct.

Just read through this thread alone....there's the proof! Attacking me won't change that.

Do you think Repugs "ruin it" with their unfounded attacks on "*******s" and "demorats"???

Just stick to the dang topic (which isn't me) and keep your hateful personal attacks out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies