Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Ah yes, he is doing just that by accepting the words of Jimmy Hoffa the other day. Nobody in the WH is willing to even talk about that event so obviously they are a bit unable to even "spank" a labor leader. Obama is killing himself by ignoring that situation, but that is fine with me.

How Obama Protects the Teamsters – Patriot Update

Nevertheless, Obama’s crime-fighting crusaders are far more preoccupied with cracking down on Gibson guitars made of rare wood and covering up the Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal than with cleaning up the Teamsters’ graft and pay-for-play dirty business.

While he rails against “special interests,” Obama has zero to say about the executive orders he signed in the first days of his presidency to give unions a leg up. Executive Order 13502, for example, essentially forces contractors who bid on large-scale public construction projects worth $25 million or more to surrender to union representation for its employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Ah yes, he is doing just that by accepting the words of Jimmy Hoffa the other day. Nobody in the WH is willing to even talk about that event so obviously they are a bit unable to even "spank" a labor leader. Obama is killing himself by ignoring that situation, but that is fine with me.

How Obama Protects the Teamsters – Patriot Update
I'm still trying to figure out what Hoffa said that makes everyone so angry! Hell, he didn't go far enough in his description of his opposition if you ask me.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what Hoffa said that makes everyone so angry! Hell, he didn't go far enough in his description of his opposition if you ask me.
Well for one thing, he violated the New Civility Obama called for back in January. You know, the speech that all the progressives praised to heaven?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree. The right wingers are on the front lines throwing around all kinds of trash, but when the left takes a swing back, they throw a tantrum running home to mommy.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
You two "supporters of hoffa" are a perfect example of what the left wants to create this elections season. You don't even know why your supposed to hate republicans, rich folks, tea party, etc, whoever they target, but you'll be frothing at the mouth to "get em" when ordered to by your leaders. This is the "utopia" you communists have been longing for since the 50's.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree. The right wingers are on the front lines throwing around all kinds of trash, but when the left takes a swing back, they throw a tantrum running home to mommy.
Any current links???

Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
You could be right about our Teamster bosses? I don’t know - but me and my wife are not feeling protected. I am a Teamster (retired Teamster). June 1st our health insurance payments went up over $300/month. That makes me feel like I was holding my ankles!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Any current links???
I'll bet her employers don't have any links that show a Republican calling the lefties sons of *******, but anything that is not glowing bragging is wrong when it is about union members and Obama. They don't need links to talk to each other and not having them they make the noises and drive on.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You could be right about our Teamster bosses? I don’t know - but me and my wife are not feeling protected. I am a Teamster (retired Teamster). June 1st our health insurance payments went up over $300/month. That makes me feel like I was holding my ankles!
In other words, BOHICA.

My dad was a wild eyed Democrat and when he wanted to retire his company said he would have to work two years as a superintendent on their loading dock but would have to join the teamsters. He hated unions but took it for two years. He paid $8 per month for those two years and then got $250 per month for the next 40 years. Some members were screwed pretty bad by that old man refusing to die and them coming through with their promised retirement plan. That was in the mid-60s and, of course, the dues were much lower back then.

Did you get an explanation for that severe rise in insurance payments? I bet that Obamacare is involved.

It might be interesting for people to see the numbers I saw this morning when I read the link I provided about how much money the Teamsters shelled out to Obama for his 2008 campaign. That is really an interesting article and the writer would be glad to hand out links for all her information.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Well for one thing, he violated the New Civility Obama called for back in January. You know, the speech that all the progressives praised to heaven?
I didn't praise it so i don't give a damn.

Obama is lame with that civility nonsense. You can't be civil with the likes of Jeff Sessions or John Boehner. Trying to do so is a waste of time. Hell, Tom Coburn is supposedly his very good friend, and yet he said that Obama basically got the job because of Affirmative Action (though he didn't quite put it that way...he damn sure meant it). Right wingers can't be trusted overall in matters of civility and definitely not in matters of friendship and loyalty.

So again, Hoffa didn't go far enough. If i would've had his platform, the microphone would've been smoking when i finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies