Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:41 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I'm gonna ask one more time. Where are Obama's transcripts and why do you avoid this ever-pressing question?
First why is this question so pressing? Second why the heck would I have his transcripts? Third what do Obama's transcripts have to do with anything I have posted in this entire thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,501 posts, read 3,647,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
See post #48 for the reasoning behind the post you quoted in post #44. Making Harvard Law Review tells you as least as much or more about a person's academic qualifications as their transcript.
Even if he did make the law review, then why don't they disclose his GPA? Wouldn't they want everyone to know just how high it is?

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Then why haven't they been leaked? Surely they would've by now.

Oh and to the above poster who put the link, it still didn't answer my question. Where are the transcripts? Why haven't they been leaked like Bush's and Perry's?
For some odd reason, Clinton's, nor Bush I's, nor Reagan's, nor Carter's, nor Ford's, nor Nixon's, etc have been leaked. Just Bush II, Kerry, and now Perry's. Not Sarah Palin's, either.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Wow I bet these people are really concerned about their college educations because it served them so well in life...... OOPS

List of college dropout billionaires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Even if he did make the law review, then why don't they disclose his GPA? Wouldn't they want everyone to know just how high it is?
I don't know, if I had to guess I would guess that like many people he views grades as a private thing.

With that said his making Harvard Law Review is proof enough that he is no academic slouch.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,991 times
Quote:
First why is this question so pressing? Second why the heck would I have his transcripts? Third what do Obama's transcripts have to do with anything I have posted in this entire thread?
First. It's because you guys are bagging on Bush and Perry for their GPAs, yet you offer no transcript to prove Obama got better grades.

Second. The reason you would have it is to prove that he did better than Bush and Perry.

Third. Obama's transcripts have everything to do with this thread. You guys are so quick to jump down Perry's throat for his grades yet you don't have any grades to show that Obama did better.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Let me put it this way. If Obama didn't have the grades he wouldn't have been in Harvard Law in the first place. Once more if he didn't have the grades at Harvard Law he would have had to do, and win, one of the most competative write ons in known to man, which by itself would be a monumental achievement.

It would be almost impossible, if not impossible for him to have gotten on to something that is one of the most direct paths to a Supreme Court clerkship with grades at Perry's level.
Quote:
According to harvard.edu: "The applicant must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university by August of the year for which they are applying. Said applicant must also have taken and passed the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). Applicants generally rank in top 10% of their college's graduating class in the top 5% of the LSAT. Percentile requirements are sometimes waived as candidates are judged on their overall educational ability/achievements and societal attributes. Approximately 7,000 students apply each year for 550 law school openings."
What are the requirements for entering Harvard Law School

I think we can assume that Obama had good grades. As for Perry, he might have been qualified for the same law school Bachmann graduated from...
Jerry Falwell's fundie law school.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
First. It's because you guys are bagging on Bush and Perry for their GPAs, yet you offer no transcript to prove Obama got better grades. Well yes as I said making Harvard Law Review tells you as much or more about a person's academic qualifications then a person's transcript.

Second. The reason you would have it is to prove that he did better than Bush and Perry.Harvard Law Review is pretty much a self proving argument in that regard.

Third. Obama's transcripts have everything to do with this thread. You guys are so quick to jump down Perry's throat for his grades yet you don't have any grades to show that Obama did better.Again you don't make it into Harvard Law, much less Harvard Law Review without the grades.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav3 View Post
You're right. Morons always will vote for morons. That's how it works in this dip**** country.
Who did you vote for?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What are the requirements for entering Harvard Law School

I think we can assume that Obama had good grades. As for Perry, he might have been qualified for the same law school Bachmann graduated from...
Jerry Falwell's fundie law school.
Once more to make Harvard Law Review you have to beat out 90%+ of people who were accepted to and attend Harvard Law with you. Obama was president of Harvard Law meaning he was the big kahuna of the big kahunas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies