Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a bigger threat to America?
Homosexuality 1 9.09%
Terrorist attacks 10 90.91%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:38 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Refute her statement that gays are more dangerous than terrorists?

What are you afraid of, do you think they will chase you down the street, tackle you, dress you in fashionable clothes and do your hair?
You should be more tolerant. Not all gay people cross-dress or work in fashion. I'm disappointed in you.

Seriously...I'm not taking a position on it...I'm only asking a question. The OP seemed bent on attacking the person rather than the statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Angry Liberals are the worst racists & hypocrites

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Eric Holder Says Americans Are More Dangerous Than Al Qaeda

Sheila Jackson Lee Says Christian Militias More Dangerous Than Jihadists

Liberals: Tea Party More Dangerous Than Muslim Brotherhood

Why does the Democrat Party attract people like this?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM

679 posts, read 614,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So, you don't think homosexuality is at all to blame for any of the aids epidemic?
Homosexuality? No. Homosexuals practicing unsafe sex without being properly tested, yes that is one of a multitude of reasons why AIDS has spread.

But when you say AIDS epidemic, I mean which one, which country, which era? If you're talking about 80's USA, then I'd say that the biggest blame should go to the the US treatment of AIDS. The lack of education, the denial of the existence of AIDS, the lack of support for safe sex education, the entire refusal to believe in a STD that could kill you; that is what was the major reason for the epidemic then.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
The OP seemed bent on attacking the person rather than the statement.
Almost anything is statistically more dangerous than terrorists, including alcohol, nicotine, obesity, natural disasters, highway travel and the Iraq War. So her statement is technically true.

Why "homosexuals" rather than "unprotected sex" is her target of attack is unclear. (Or maybe too clear.)

Old 09-14-2011, 12:15 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,360 times
Quote:
So, you don't think homosexuality is at all to blame for any of the aids epidemic?
No.

AIDS is caused by a blood bourne virus. It took hold in the gay community, and is relatively easy to spread if participating with unprotected anal sex, but that's true regardless of the gender of the anus in question.

Homosexuality did not create the virus, nor can you catch it unless you mingle your bloodstream with that of an infected individual. Anal sex is not the only way to do so.

Now, I know to your way of thinking, you think it's a punishment from god for doing things we stupid humans know we're not supposed to do, but it's just a virus. And the day will come that we cure/eradicate it.

But my guess is you'd be opposed to that.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:17 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Why "homosexuals" rather than "unprotected sex" is her target of attack is unclear. (Or maybe too clear.)
I'm speculating here, but perhaps it's because she thinks contraceptives themselves are evil and should be banned. Whether or not she personally does, plenty who think the way she does do.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
One man's opinions is another mans ignorance. I agree that people shouldn't force opinions on people but liberals do that to.
The way in which a person forces their opinion on others is by offering facts in support of the opposing view. In this case, it's nearly impossible to argue with someone whose claims are not quantifiable except in their head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
It is a fact Homosexuality is harmful to society. It is a scourge that needs to be wiped out before more innocent children are destroyed.

Lawmakers in the past called for homosexuals to be burnt...seems pretty harsh to some. Guess they were tired of the unbridled licentiousness.
Quote:
If the man who penned the Declaration of Independence wrote homosexuals are harmful to society....this should be a cause for alarm.

Are you saying it is ok for homosexuals to recruit children to their chosen lifestyle?
Quote:
Homosexuality cannot perpetuate itself...unless innocent heterosexual children are recruited into the abhorrent lifestyle. Homosexuality has destroyed millions of lives.
You're not just dragging a canoe, are you? It is the 21st century now and it would be wise to live in it. Perhaps there is a delay in processing, one that causes a 100 year pause in rationality. I would consult a physician. Your views have all been proven completely inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Refute her statement that gays are more dangerous than terrorists?

What are you afraid of, do you think they will chase you down the street, tackle you, dress you in fashionable clothes and do your hair?
Sarcasm or insensitivity? I think people these anti-gay people would be more scared by the discovery that a gay person is just like them than suggesting they fit tired old stereotypes. Whoa, that would blow their minds, or what's left of their minds.

I would think it highly rational to suggest that fundamentalist Christians pose more danger to our country than foreign fundamentalists. I would also think that local irrational and angry mobs would pose the same danger. Or do you find those assertions offensive? In this case, I'm happy that at least one party has some rational followers. And, to clarify, I'm not a Democrat, I'm independent.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:20 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What is with those so-called 'Born Again' Christian White Male Republicans? You forgot to mention Airport men's rooms as well.
No differance they are all Homosexuals looking for some sex, it shows how sick the disorder really is.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
It's a disease that can be transmitted sexually. Homosexually or Heterosexually. Your logic would condemn all sexual acts, not just homosexual ones.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:30 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Originally Posted by Calvinist

Where have you been for the last 30 years? How could a sexual practice be the source of a disease? Is the custom of shaking hands the cause of the common cold? From your posts, it seems that if you or another heterosexual gets AIDS, the blame should fall on the homosexuals since they are to blame for the disease. That doesn't make any sense and is both hateful and ignorant beyond belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies