Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

Everyone enjoy your "Wag the Dog" weekend? I guess that "credible source" wasn't so credible after all. A couple silly postings on Facebook to keep the tension properly stoked and a couple knuckleheads in an airplane bathroom trying to join the Mile High Club, but who cares, no one in the media is talking about Obama's jobs speech anymore, are they? The market tanked 300 points after that speech and it's down again today, but we got the NFL this weekend so life is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
When the market drops 3,000 points after a speach please give me a call.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Prey on their fears, then tell them you can't tell them anything because it's all classified.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Everyone enjoy your "Wag the Dog" weekend? I guess that "credible source" wasn't so credible after all. A couple silly postings on Facebook to keep the tension properly stoked, but who cares, no one in the media is talking about Obama's jobs speech anymore, are they? The market tanked 300 points after that speech and it's down again today, but we got the NFL this weekend so life is good.
If you've been paying attention, the financial markets are down because of Europe, not anything in the U.S., including Obama's speech.

Regarding the terror threat, who was harmed by this warning? There were many false scares over the years -- mostly before Obama was president -- but I can assume you were dead silent when those occurred. That's the nature of terror warnings. Sometimes they are wrong but I'd rather be error on the side of safety than not be warned at all.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Regarding the terror threat, who was harmed by this warning? There were many false scares over the years
Yes there were, but they never used to result in portions of American cities being locked down and American citizens refused access to American soil.

They never used to result in armed soldiers on the streets and the entire police force being called out...

America has become scared of it's own shadow.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If you've been paying attention, the financial markets are down because of Europe, not anything in the U.S., including Obama's speech.

Regarding the terror threat, who was harmed by this warning? There were many false scares over the years -- mostly before Obama was president -- but I can assume you were dead silent when those occurred. That's the nature of terror warnings. Sometimes they are wrong but I'd rather be error on the side of safety than not be warned at all.
Uh-huh, Greece, Jurgen Starks resignation, Bernanke's speech on Thursday, McDonalds...lots of stuff factored into Friday. But the big one was Obama's speech, and I can throw in lots of links to support it, but since you've discounted it all ready...

And no, there haven't been that many false scares, and none so fortuitously timed.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
They were wagging their own dog.
I didn't believe it.

I could have predicted the announcement 5 years in advance.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,375 times
Quote:
But the big one was Obama's speech, and I can throw in lots of links to support it
How about just one?

From a FINANCIAL-based source, please. Right-wing opEds don't count...

Old 09-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yes there were, but they never used to result in portions of American cities being locked down and American citizens refused access to American soil.

They never used to result in armed soldiers on the streets and the entire police force being called out...

America has become scared of it's own shadow.
America has been conditioned to be afraid of it's own shadow.
It helps those in power keep it that way and control the unwashed masses.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Everyone enjoy your "Wag the Dog" weekend? I guess that "credible source" wasn't so credible after all. A couple silly postings on Facebook to keep the tension properly stoked and a couple knuckleheads in an airplane bathroom trying to join the Mile High Club, but who cares, no one in the media is talking about Obama's jobs speech anymore, are they? The market tanked 300 points after that speech and it's down again today, but we got the NFL this weekend so life is good.

The fruits trying to join the "mile high club" should be charged with terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies