Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:57 PM

88,639 posts, read 44,381,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Cut the crap!

The whole "Bush lied" song and dance came about because top Democrats alienated themselves from their loony peacenick base by authorizing war with Iraq. It gave them cover within their McGovernite subculture for what were otherwise responsible and levelheaded actions.

The truth is we never really needed a long list of reasons to reinvade Iraq anyway. The 1991 cease fire agreement stipulated Hussein had to account for all of his chemical weapons and surrender them without delay. That he refused to cooperate with UN weapons inspectors one time was all the justification needed to go back in. It's a no-brainer.

As for Bush's domestic policy, he spent too much money trying to appeal to left-leaning swing voters. With 47% of the nation paying no federal income taxes, lots of people expect something for free from their president. Bush played that game with Kerry. He won the election, but I question the wisdom.

Big spenders will remain wildly popular with the recipient class, the people who have been on extended unemployment for two years or more and the welfare queens who now get cell phones and basic cable to go with their section eight housing. The credit downgrade was just the beginning of what will be a long process by which yesterday's deficit spending becomes today's inflation. We'll get to a BBA eventually, but the present day pain must exceed the benefits for the majority. That's still aways off.
Excellent post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM

88,639 posts, read 44,381,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The leftist "mind" (if you can call it that ) is interesting, isn't it?
They complain more about a president who didn't lie about a certain subject (Bush and Iraq) and don't complain about a president who lied so many times, he was impeached!
They must have a mental disorder, no?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:12 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,950,360 times
I dont think the united states has had a decent president since harry truman.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,162,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I dont think the united states has had a decent president since harry truman.
"Decent presidents" are few and far between. Ronald Reagan was OK in my book.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM

24,480 posts, read 33,172,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They must have a mental disorder, no?
That or just BDS.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:46 PM

24,480 posts, read 33,172,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I complain plenty about Clinton. He was a disgrace, but the rush to impeachment was just another Republican power grab, as was the whole Ken Starr / Whitewater witchhunt, paid for by the American taxpayer. So Clinton had a personal problem, big whoop. Bush started an unjustified war in the middle of a justified war. That is a pretty big screw up if you ask me. Except it wasn't a screw up. It was intentional. And that is the crux of the issue.
If Clinton didn't break any laws (lying under oath/perjury, obstruction of justice and witness tampering) there would have been no impeachment. Don't blame the Republicans... Clinton broke the law.

It was Clinton's "personal" problem up until he started breaking laws.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,950,360 times
Politicians are like diapers. They are all full of ****.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,810,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Politicians are like diapers. They are all full of ****.
Dirty diapers are rid of much more quickly than dirty politicians.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:41 PM

58,594 posts, read 26,901,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm not wrong about anything. It was the Republican Party, led by George W. Bush, who pushed for an invasion of Iraq under faulty pretense. That this party repeatedly lied for over a one year period to influence the vote means that Democrats were misled and lied to, making their votes null and void.

Speaking of "Man up", it's a shame that Republicans try and spread the blame for a war of their own making.

I understand it's easier to spread the blame than to accept responsibility, and Republicans are notorious for being unable to accept responsibility.
I notice you ignore all the quotes from prominent democrats made BEFORE bush took office.

Unlike you many Americans are not beloved to one party all the time and lie and try to demonize the other party ALL the time.

Both Republicans AND Democrats voted in favor of the actions in Iraq.

Which means, America invaded Iraq.

If you can't accept that, that is your problem.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:51 PM

58,594 posts, read 26,901,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I complain plenty about Clinton. He was a disgrace, but the rush to impeachment was just another Republican power grab, as was the whole Ken Starr / Whitewater witchhunt, paid for by the American taxpayer. So Clinton had a personal problem, big whoop. Bush started an unjustified war in the middle of a justified war. That is a pretty big screw up if you ask me. Except it wasn't a screw up. It was intentional. And that is the crux of the issue.
I have posted this several times and as I suspect you either ignore or refuse to accept. Starr was under DIRECT SUPERVISION of Janet Reno, the Attorney General. He did nothing WITHOUT her APPROVAL

Your hatred for Bush has blinded you to anything that might not support your asinine claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies