Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times

Advertisements

Seeing the Lewinsky thread and thinking of how the house impeached Clinton over lying about it. I am wondering why noone tried to impeach or otherwise indict Bush/Cheney for manufacturing the justification for a war in Iraq?

I think one offense pales in comparison to the other. Why the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 12:28 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Seeing the Lewinsky thread and thinking of how the house impeached Clinton over lying about it. I am wondering why noone tried to impeach or otherwise indict Bush/Cheney for manufacturing the justification for a war in Iraq?

Because the globalists wouldn't allow Clinton to be impeached for his illegal and genocidal war in Yugoslavia. Not suprisingly Obama copied Clinton's methods in Libya.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:

Well since Bush actually made the case before Congress and members OF YOUR OWN PARTY agreed (Umm .. Clinton for one) Whatcha want them to do .. Impeach themselves?

BTW: Aren't we still in Iraq?
Quote:
Iraq Withdrawal Date For U.S. Troops May Be Pushed Back Beyond 2011
(Yep .. We are!)

Now .. Let's talk about Libya!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:38 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
Quote:

Maybe this will give you some perspective.

A Forgotten Truth about WMDs - YouTube

Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:

Did you forget that Pelosi, Clinton (Hillary and Bill), Gore, Feinstein, Kennedy, etc., all said that Saddam had WMDs? Especially when Clinton was in office?

Did you also forgot that Clinton (Bill) outright lied about maybe what the stain on that blue dress bought at the GAP was all about...and wanted to define/re-define the definition of "sex" when asked if he had it with Monica?

He's lucky Whitewater and the untimely deaths of one here or there wasn't looked into a little harder...thanks to Monicagate.

But really? Here's the thing: you cheat on your wife? And claim "define sexual relations" as your excuse? Who are you calling stupid? Your wife or everyone else in the universe?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
The only reason members of Congress and the Senate thought there were WMD's in Iraq is because they were lied to by the Bush Administration. Therefore, it does not matter what they thought or how they voted, they were LIED TO and MISLED by the neocons.

As far as impeachment, it wouldn't stick because Democrats are gutless and because the Republicans would have used the troops in Iraq as "human shields".

They basically dared anyone to hold them accountable and knew that the will was not there and that nothing would stick. They also knew when they got out of office these draft dodgers could all once again hide behind the military and pretend that they cared about them, when in reality they sent them into a war zone undermanned and under equipped and didn't care one iota about them, or what happened to them. PTSD, crippling injuries for life, death? They didn't even want to hear about it.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The only reason members of Congress and the Senate thought there were WMD's in Iraq is because they were lied to by the Bush Administration. Therefore, it does not matter what they thought or how they voted, they were LIED TO and MISLED by the neocons.

As far as impeachment, it wouldn't stick because Democrats are gutless and because the Republicans would have used the troops in Iraq as "human shields".

They basically dared anyone to hold them accountable and knew that the will was not there and that nothing would stick. They also knew when they got out of office these draft dodgers could all once again hide behind the military and pretend that they cared about them, when in reality they sent them into a war zone undermanned and under equipped and didn't care one iota about them, or what happened to them. PTSD, crippling injuries for life, death? They didn't even want to hear about it.
UH .. MOST of that video was BEFORE BUSH took office in 2001!

And Yes, Hussein Did have WMD .. ask the KURDS my friend!

Before going on a clueless rant .. I usually try and check my facts!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

Before going on a clueless rant .. I usually try and check my facts!
Could of fooled me. Better check harder.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Could of fooled me.
It was quite easy .. I assure you!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Better check harder.
Here .. Allow me to help ..
Quote:
Bloody Friday,[1] was a genocidal massacre against the Kurdish people that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War, when chemical weapons were used by the Iraqi government forces in the Kurdish town of Halabja in Iraqi Kurdistan.
NOPE .. I didn't make that up!
It's actually out there on the internet .. Try Google!

The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people, and injured around 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians;[1][2] thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies