Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your position on gay rights
I am a full supporter for all gay rights. 162 50.00%
I support some aspects of gay rights. 37 11.42%
I think that homosexuals and heterosexuals both have equal rights. 91 28.09%
I think that being gay is a sin, and therefore none of them should have rights. 34 10.49%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So now there are female brains? Do gay men have female brains too? What does that mean, that the cry when they are yelled at, that their favorite color is pink, are they inattentive drivers, like to wear earrings and look pretty? I know straight guys that like pink, don't pay attention too well while driving, are always concerned with their personal appearance, wear earrings etc... Do they have a female brain?

When it comes to working on the job, do people with women's brains function differently?

How much of a "women's brain" does it take before a man qualifies to use the women's locker room?
Appeal to Ridicule aside, Yes. There are notable differences in the brains of females and males.

Males tend to have larger brains (circa 10% difference) and more gray matter. Females tend to have more white matter. Language processing for women generally occurs in both hemispheres of the brain, whereas in males, it tends to reside solely in their dominant hemisphere - which is usually the left side. Men have more brain cells, but women have more connections between their brain cells. Men are more apt to be single-hemisphere dominant (generally left side), whereas, thanks to a larger corpus collosum, women are more apt to have a balance between hemispheres.

Just to name a few differences.

Oh, and...

Quote:
Do gay men have female brains too?
Somewhat, yes. According to research, the hypothalamus of a gay male resembles that of a straight female moreso than that of a straight male.

If you're actually interested, there are numerous studies and research material for the reading.

Quote:
Just don't use this "Gay Rights" agenda to empower government to make it mandatory our school kids to learn about "how two gay people have sex".
Why shouldn't homosexuality be taught alongside heterosexuality in Sex Ed? There are dangers in either style (read: STD's), so teaching how to keep one's self safe is probably a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
So now there are female brains? Do gay men have female brains too? What does that mean, that the cry when they are yelled at, that their favorite color is pink, are they inattentive drivers, like to wear earrings and look pretty? I know straight guys that like pink, don't pay attention too well while driving, are always concerned with their personal appearance, wear earrings etc... Do they have a female brain?

When it comes to working on the job, do people with women's brains function differently?

How much of a "women's brain" does it take before a man qualifies to use the women's locker room?
Good to see you are asking a lot of questions in an attempt to alleviate you ignorance on the subject.

Rita has some good answers for you

Old 10-11-2011, 01:31 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I don't and would never take my 8 year old child to a gay pride parade...nor would I attend it myself. But this crap is on the NEWS!!
I'm not so sure about that. The Las Vegas Gay Pride event (more than just a parade, it was 3 days long) was just a few weeks ago and the only reason I knew it was happening was because some friends and I were discussing it on Facebook. The local news station I watch had NOTHING on it. Not sure if other stations had anything on it because I never turn them on.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Why is it that, in regards to GLBT and biology, people immediately leap to dangerous/serious disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorders instead of conditions like being left-handed or heterochromia iridum?

Not every "defect" or alteration in the biological makeup of a person is at the level of schizophrenia. Most are relatively harmless.

To me, having a preference for consensual relationships with someone of the same gender is really no more harmful than having a preference for completing tasks with dominant usage of the left hand.
I'd have to agree with that. With properly padded undergarments, my "defect" can be hidden. But even when not hidden, the fact that one breast is three times the size of the other causes me no harm other than the teasing I got in junior high when I hit puberty.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
They don't even affect my morals, I really do not care how two gay people have sex. Just don't use this "Gay Rights" agenda to empower government to make it mandatory our school kids to learn about "how two gay people have sex".
And just where is that happening? Learning that some well known people were gay doesn't mean learning how they had sex!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:59 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:

See Rita's post. Also, Google is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies