Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 04:57 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Ya, they killed a real nice guy

Summary of incident
On 05/02/2001, in The Colony, Texas, Woods and 1 co-defendant used a 380 caliber pistol, a 45 caliber pistol, and a knife to kill a 21 year old white male victim by shooting the victim 6 times in the head and cutting his neck 4 times. A 19 year old white female victim was also killed by receiving 2 shots to the head, 1 shot in the knee, and cutting her throat. Woods and the co-defendant took property from the victims which included their car keys, backpacks, a cell phone and other personal items.

Offender Information - Steven Woods (http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/woodssteven.htm - broken link)

Perry didn't convict him, a jury of his peers did. And I am damn glad they convicted and killed that POS!!!
Then the only question I have is...is it okay for one of the scumbags to only get life -> the one who admitted doing the killing and the other who according to others planned it but didn't kill anyone -> get the death sentence.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I'm sure if Texas had a governor like the clown out in California it would have been appealed...

But Perry has a backbone and cares more for justice then for the bleeding hearts who like to protect scum like Woods...
The only backbone Mr. Good-hair has is his bank account.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Then the only question I have is...is it okay for one of the scumbags to only get life -> the one who admitted doing the killing and the other who according to others planned it but didn't kill anyone -> get the death sentence.
That you need to ask the jury, not me.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:01 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
How many times do we have to deal with these LIES about Rick Perry being some monster that wont use his power to stop unjust death penalties?

HOW MANY?????

People the Governor of Texas does not have the legal power to stop an execution!!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:01 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
The only backbone Mr. Good-hair has is his bank account.
Weak sauce, very weak.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Witnesses testified at Woods' 2002 trial that he lured Whitehead to the isolated road on the pretense of a drug deal and killed him because he knew about another killing involving Woods two months earlier in California.
Quote:
Woods, a former runaway, drifter and drug dealer who began his deviant odyssey in Chicago was also a white supremacist, into bomb-making, mistreatment of animals and was a Satanist.
Intelligence Report: Texas killer Steven Michael Woods used to deal drugs in Chicago; drifter, 'junkie' executed in Texas | abc7chicago.com

Yeah, this guy was a real upstanding American citizen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I can't speak for the person you're addressing, but I would prefer Texas to execute the other scumbag as well. I agree that there are issues where money buys a criminal his way out of a conviction (can you say OJ?) as well as a rightful sentence. But it's hard to argue that Woods didn't deserve to die for his actions. At least the state finished half the job.
Agree. If they're going to execute one, they should execute both. If one get's life, the other should get life.

Both POS's are criminals and deserve the punishments...but both should be doled out equally.

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:

I believe you live in Texas? do you not know that if you are involved in a crime and someone in your group commits a murder, everyone can be tried for the murder and can recieve the death penalty?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
On 13Sept2011 Steven M. Woods died of a lethal injection in a Texas Prison.

He had been found guilty of murdering two people in a reputed drug deal gone bad, he admitted being present at the scene but taking no part in the killings.

The Prosecution could find no DNA or any other forensic evidence linking him to the actual act of taking either person's life.

Marcus Rhodes, the actual murderer, admitted to killing both victims. Police recovered the murder weapons, the victim's property, Rhodes fingerprints were on the murder weapon and the shell casings.

Marcus Rhodes is the son of prominent Texas businessman and CPA Sam Rhodes; who used his influence and as a result of that influence his son Marcus Rhodes received life in prison with the possibility of parole.

The family of Steven M. Woods made numerous appeals to Gov. Rick Perry to halt this injustice and save their son. Rick Perry refused to hear them.

How could Perry in good conscience allow this?

Michigan Family Fights Texas Execution - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit

Steven Michael Woods, Jr. - An Innocent Man on the TX Death Row (http://saveaninnocentlife.net/Home.php - broken link)
Because if you are standing right there, while someone commits a murder, and you don't stop it, you are GUILTY!!!!

And just to let you know, genius, Perry can't stop executions.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
How many times do we have to deal with these LIES about Rick Perry being some monster that wont use his power to stop unjust death penalties?

HOW MANY?????

People the Governor of Texas does not have the legal power to stop an execution!!!!

But he DOES have the power to issue a reprieve for a re-examination of the facts and SENTENCING!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies