Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,150,276 times

Advertisements

Yep, I spent the last two days from 4:00 - 6:00 pm CST watching the new Glenn Beck show on GBTV. He says that he spent $20 million out of his own pocket to build the studio and all the supplies he uses. I guess maybe Fox was controlling what he said a bit too much but his half hour about the history of Israel today was worth the price of watching him a month. I really wonder how many here know what he told today as the history of Israel from WW I to today. I will bet very few. I thought I knew a lot about it but found that maybe didn't know so much.

I won't bother you liberals too much with what he says since I am not sure that they know at Daily Kos and Media Matters that he is back again. I may have to get a bigger computer since mine is only about 17 inches wide, but on full screen that isn't bad.

I am really happy these days because of his return. Just unhappy that I forgot Monday.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:58 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,456,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, I spent the last two days from 4:00 - 6:00 pm CST watching the new Glenn Beck show on GBTV. He says that he spent $20 million out of his own pocket to build the studio and all the supplies he uses. I guess maybe Fox was controlling what he said a bit too much but his half hour about the history of Israel today was worth the price of watching him a month. I really wonder how many here know what he told today as the history of Israel from WW I to today. I will bet very few. I thought I knew a lot about it but found that maybe didn't know so much.

I won't bother you liberals too much with what he says since I am not sure that they know at Daily Kos and Media Matters that he is back again. I may have to get a bigger computer since mine is only about 17 inches wide, but on full screen that isn't bad.

I am really happy these days because of his return. Just unhappy that I forgot Monday.
Well, Roy, let me be the first to say: here's to a new crop of Glenn Beck threads! (In good fun, of course.)

Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 PM

1,475 posts, read 1,220,594 times
Quote:

I watched on Monday, but have to catch up on the last 2 days. You should by a Roku and watch it on your tv, that's what I am going to do!
So glad BECK IS BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well, Roy, let me be the first to say: here's to a new crop of Glenn Beck threads! (In good fun, of course.)
I don't know if you will be able to get a lot from MM about the TV show since it doesn't seem that they know it is going on yet. Maybe they only attack Fox and the radio shows of Beck and Limbaugh. They don't have anything from his online TV show as of yet. Maybe old Spooky Dude hasn't told them about what is going on or they don't have the $4.95 per month to subscribe.

Hey, I forgot to say that those who don't watch him will miss out on one of the really prettiest news ladies I know of. Her name is Amy Holmes and she works for The Blaze. She has about three spots on the show and is just handing out news only. If you get the chance watch the show to see her, if for no other reason.

12,373 posts, read 13,155,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Pretty sad IMHO ..... not to mention spammy.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I watched on Monday, but have to catch up on the last 2 days. You should by a Roku and watch it on your tv, that's what I am going to do!
So glad BECK IS BACK!
Two hours per day is lots of fun. He never has to hurry to get things done. Today was extra good in that he talked with a number of parents who brought their kids to New York to take part in his Liberty Tree program.

I have really liked the parts of both the shows I have seen where he has interviewed different ministers. Today he had a rabbi, a black minister, and that terrible, horrible man, David Barton.

Be sure to catch today's show since he released his 12 Responsibility rules and that is so good.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Pretty sad IMHO ..... not to mention spammy.
As soon as you complain about it surely I will get pitched from here for advertising. Did I slip up and tell anyone how to see the show? I tried to keep from doing it, but then you are a better judge than I am.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,139,485 times
Quote:

I hope you keep a 50 lb sack of pretzels and several cases of beer next to your Laz-e-Boy chair to watch TV.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,790,421 times
Quote:

WWI still happened 1914-1918, I hope that hasn't changed.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,798,928 times
Glenn Beck Says New TV Network 'Is Not for Slugs' - Speakeasy - WSJ

Quote:
When Mr. Beck announced GBTV in June, the network had a modest 80,000 subscribers. In the months since, subscribers have swelled to more than 230,000, according to people close to the network.

That’s far shy of the more than 2.2 million daily viewers the program on Fox drew, on average, over its 27-month run, which ended in June after clashes with network management. But it is more than the average 156,000 people who watched the Oprah Winfrey Network in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies