Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM

15,038 posts, read 8,613,861 times

Advertisements

Here, you need no further information to understand what these pharmaceutical companies are capable of and have been doing for decades, all with full knowledge of the FDA.

Bayer (aspirin) distributed HIV/AIDS to thousands!!! - YouTube

Bayer Corp purposely selling AIDS tainted products overseas, with full knowledge of the inevitable consequences .... killing children.

And the FDA knew all about it, and allowed it to happen.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,808,222 times
Got to give Michelle a little credit for calling that idiot out on his manditory poisen plan. Suppose that nut gets elected, what's next - Manditory AIDS vaccines for all? Let's just confine that to the gay Repubs shall we?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,038,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Guillain Barre syndrome is self limiting and patients make a full recovery. Unfortunately, women with cervical cancer do not.
Why is everybody just spewing out opinions- medical opinions at that- without backing them with any kind of source material?

Did you hear this "somewhere" or are you just making it up? Do you think everyone will automatically believe you, and, if so, why would you think that?

Just curious and not picking on you alone as several on this thread have just made statements without any back up- or they have relied on ad hominem attacks. That's OK, this is an opinion forum and people can say what they want within the tos, but that doesn't make them believable without question.

"Although most patients with GBS make good recovery, 2-12% of them die from complications related to GBS, and a significant percentage of survivors have persistent motor sequelae. The mortality rate but may be less than 5% in tertiary care centers with a team of medical professionals who are familiar with GBS management.

Causes of death include acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis, pneumonia, venous thromboembolic disease, and cardiac arrest. Most cases of mortality are due to severe autonomic instability or from the complications of prolonged intubation and paralysis.[57, 58, 59, 60]

The leading cause of death in elderly patients with GBS is arrhythmia."
Medscape: Medscape Access

Also, you seemed to indicate that all patients with cervical cancer die from it- that is not true either!

"The numbers below come from the National Cancer Data Base, and are based on people diagnosed between 2000 and 2002.
  • Stage
  • 5-Year
    Survival Rate
  • 93%
  • IA
  • 93%
  • IB
  • 80%
  • IIA
  • 63%
  • IIB
  • 58%
  • IIIA
  • 35%
  • IIIB
  • 32%
  • IVA
  • 16%
  • IVB
  • 15%

Last Medical Review: 12/16/2010
Last Revised: 06/21/2011
Survival rates by stage

Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,850,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Millions have already received the vaccine and are perfectly fine and they don't have HPV.

Actually, immunizing when The gov wanted places a woman at risk in her more likely period of sexual activity. The vaccine wears off in 10 years.

Additionally, 95% of those with HPV do not develop cervical cancer. The drug helps with HPV only and does not prevent cervical cancer but in fact only prevents HPV infection, which rarely can cause Cervical cancer.

The drug has some nasty side effects and seems the only ones pushing it are the ones that make money doing so...

No sale if it's up to me. This is bad medicine , like Aspartame.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,655,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Why is everybody just spewing out opinions- medical opinions at that- without backing them with any kind of source material?

Did you hear this "somewhere" or are you just making it up? Do you think everyone will automatically believe you, and, if so, why would you think that?

Just curious and not picking on you alone as several on this thread have just made statements without any back up- or they have relied on ad hominem attacks. That's OK, this is an opinion forum and people can say what they want within the tos, but that doesn't make them believable without question.

"Although most patients with GBS make good recovery, 2-12% of them die from complications related to GBS, and a significant percentage of survivors have persistent motor sequelae. The mortality rate but may be less than 5% in tertiary care centers with a team of medical professionals who are familiar with GBS management.

Causes of death include acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis, pneumonia, venous thromboembolic disease, and cardiac arrest. Most cases of mortality are due to severe autonomic instability or from the complications of prolonged intubation and paralysis.[57, 58, 59, 60]

The leading cause of death in elderly patients with GBS is arrhythmia."
Medscape: Medscape Access

Also, you seemed to indicate that all patients with cervical cancer die from it- that is not true either!

"The numbers below come from the National Cancer Data Base, and are based on people diagnosed between 2000 and 2002.
  • Stage
  • 5-Year
    Survival Rate
  • 93%
  • IA
  • 93%
  • IB
  • 80%
  • IIA
  • 63%
  • IIB
  • 58%
  • IIIA
  • 35%
  • IIIB
  • 32%
  • IVA
  • 16%
  • IVB
  • 15%

Last Medical Review: 12/16/2010
Last Revised: 06/21/2011
Survival rates by stage
Well, it's a lower death rate than cervical cancer, and you feel that is "only a few". There are far fewer than 4000 deaths due to GBS per year.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Actually, immunizing when The gov wanted places a woman at risk in her more likely period of sexual activity. The vaccine wears off in 10 years.

Additionally, 95% of those with HPV do not develop cervical cancer. The drug helps with HPV only and does not prevent cervical cancer but in fact only prevents HPV infection, which rarely can cause Cervical cancer.

The drug has some nasty side effects and seems the only ones pushing it are the ones that make money doing so...

No sale if it's up to me. This is bad medicine , like Aspartame.
There is no evidence that the vaccine wears off in 10 years.

You need a course in epidemiology if you think a 5% cancer rate from infection is "rare". It's much higher than the rate of any side effects.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,444,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Michelle Bachmann is pushing the claim that the HPV vaccine causes mental retardation, which study of the HPV vaccine did she cite as her source for making that claim?

She should have said it causes a HOST of permanent mental and nervous system disorders. Go to www.novaccine.com for the details and to read about the tens of thousands of girls whose lives had been RUINED by the vaccine.

This is definitely an example of a vaccine where the RISKS FAR OUTWEIGH THE REWARDS!

In fact NO ONE should trust the government OR THEIR MEDICAL DOCTORS when it comes to taking ANY VACCINE. ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Realize that the doctors are in business to make MONEY not to help you get well. In fact the sicker they can make you, as long as you keep coming back to them for help with your worsening health, THE MORE MONEY THEY MAKE! WAKE UP people!

Europe and Asia are the only places where natural medicine is on a level playing field with modern medicine ---which is why they are heathier than we are. They at least aren't ridiculed if they use natural medicine and actually get rid of their disease by doing so.

Last edited by emilybh; 09-19-2011 at 07:13 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Let me get this straight:

You feel a disease that kills fully 1/3 of its patients, "only" a "few" 4000 per year as you stated previously, is no big deal. However, a vaccine that, out of 35 million doses has had 32 deaths linked to it in time (over a period of four years mind you), but not proven to be caused by the vaccine itself, is an unacceptable risk?

Un. . be. . .liev. . able!

In regard to Dr. Diane Harper, she claims she was badly misquoted.

Gardasil Side Effects: Dr. Diane Harper Badly Misquoted on Gardasil and Cervarix

*** Dr Diane Harper, who was quoted as saying that HPV vaccines are more dangerous than cervical cancer, is about to sue the pin-striped pants off the always-lurid Express. Or so I hope.
Remember we do not know the long term effects of Gardasil and it does not cure cancer or prevent all cervical cancer.

GBS is just one of the problems with vaccines. Did you watch the vid above with the recording of Dr. Hilleman? Vaccines can carry many cancer causing agents and toxic substances, such as mercury, which is one of the most toxic agents known to man. Are you 100% sure of what's in YOUR vaccines?

If you are, then fine. What I would be careful about is advising and encouraging others to take them. Best to advise people to read labels and look up information for themselves.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, it's a lower death rate than cervical cancer, and you feel that is "only a few". There are far fewer than 4000 deaths due to GBS per year.
I was responding to:

***Originally Posted by jojajn
Guillain Barre syndrome is self limiting and patients make a full recovery. Unfortunately, women with cervical cancer do not.***

Neither cancer nor the side effects of vaccines are welcome events or to be taken lightly or to be called "just a few". I don't believe I said that. I asked another poster if he/she knew how few deaths there are from cervical cancer. And yes, compared to other cancers, heart disease, diabetes, etc- it is comparatively few. You say the "just a few" does not sit well with cervical cancer patients- and surely it does not. Neither do the side effects, diseases and deaths from vaccines sit well with "those few" as you seem to see them.

A person must gather information and weigh the risks and benefits of any course of action for themselves.
You seem to have a lot of anger around this simple proposition.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I was responding to:

***Originally Posted by jojajn
Guillain Barre syndrome is self limiting and patients make a full recovery. Unfortunately, women with cervical cancer do not.***

Neither cancer nor the side effects of vaccines are welcome events or to be taken lightly or to be called "just a few". I don't believe I said that. I asked another poster if he/she knew how few deaths there are from cervical cancer. And yes, compared to other cancers, heart disease, diabetes, etc- it is comparatively few. You say the "just a few" does not sit well with cervical cancer patients- and surely it does not. Neither do the side effects, diseases and deaths from vaccines sit well with "those few" as you seem to see them.

A person must gather information and weigh the risks and benefits of any course of action for themselves.
You seem to have a lot of anger around this simple proposition.
Are you a shrink, too. Project much?

See below:

Quote:
Do you realize how FEW cases of cervical cancer there are and even fewer deaths? And that the vaccine only covers 4 strains, and that 2 of the strains covered do not cause cancer?

I was not "leaving anything out". I posted the link for anyone to read, it is too long to post all of it. The point of my post was to show that even the CDC admits there are problems and I used part of the article to demonstrate my point.

"In 2007 (the most recent year numbers are available)—
  • 12,280 women in the United States were diagnosed with cervical cancer.*2
  • 4,021 women in the United States died from cervical cancer."
CDC - Cervical Cancer Statistics

" GARDASIL is the only human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine that helps protect against 4 types of HPV. In girls and young women ages 9 to 26, GARDASIL helps protect against 2 types of HPV that cause about 75% of cervical cancer cases, and 2 more types that cause 90% of genital warts cases. In boys and young men ages 9 to 26, GARDASIL helps protect against 90% of genital warts cases."

GARDASIL® [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant]

It is a matter of making informed choices. As to girls age 14 and younger getting this- please.
You even emphasized FEW, 4000 deaths a year being a mere drop in the bucket compared to the less than 1 in 1 million deaths in 4 years linked in time only (not by causation) to Gardasil. That's the beauty of the internet. You can't say "I didn't say that", at least after 90 minutes here on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies