Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So can you blame any illness you get for the rest of your life on vaccinations you received?

How do you know what came from the vaccine, and what you just got ill with by being alive?
Actually, that's what a lot of people do. We get calls almost every day about that. Parents think everything the kids gets for at least a month is related to a vaccine s/he received at a previous visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
But there is no biological reason to space them out. The timing recommendations are designed to provide the greatest protection. Waiting just opens a longer window to catch an infection.
Exactly! Two diseases that infants are immunized against, starting at two months, are pertussis and hib infections. Both of these diseases can cause serious problems in infants, ranging up to and including death. Ironically, one disease that parents are still afraid of, and will immunize against without concern is polio, which has very little incidence in this country. The only polio in this country is imported from elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, now close your leftist eyes and pretend the vaccine is really rBGH and a Fox affiliate in Tampa refuses to air a story linking Monsanto's FDA approved milk boosting synthetic cow hormone to cancer in humans without direct evidence to support the claims.
Actually, vaccination is not a right v left issue. It is one issue where both far right and far left meet in the middle (as I like to say, behind your back b/c they're both nuts). Both talk about government conspiracies, blah, blah, blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
That's what they do during the DRUG testing phase.

And even then, no one can determine every single side effect a person goes through.

You and your twin brother could be identical down to the freckles on your face, but HE may be allergic to peanuts, and you may not be. No one can account for every possible scenario.

That's why the companies target the most common denominator in the population. And put out warnings to the side effects that are possible. Its between you and your doctor to figure out the best treatment possible to reduce the chance of getting the side effect or suffer major or minor harm from the vaccine(s).

That's why the Vaccine Injury Program is there. In case that you may be that 10% where a vaccine (or vaccines) just doesn't work.
Actually, some vaccines have efficacies close to 99%.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I'm talking about for childhood vaccines. They never do it. The most fragile and vulnerable group never gets it.

...and do me a favor, stop responding to me. The TOS prevents me from telling you what I truly think of your supposed knowledge and experience, but I wouldn't let you anywhere near my child, or anyone else in my life.

You personify what is wrong with the medical community.
The most fragile group are those who can't get vaccinated for some reason or other. Your belief that their lives should be in danger from non-vaccination is what is wrong with the entire world. If you can't be bothered with biology or chemistry at least go pick up a history text. Even as last as the turn of last century the infant mortality rates were ONE IN FIVE from vaccine preventable diseases.

Thank god we have people like Suzy and Katiana to stand up and say so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
There is no misinformation coming from this ID, and yes, you do have the right to post whatever you like. However, please stop addressing me. You make me nauseous. Your professional ignorance knows no bounds, and your intellectual curiosity is non-existent. You're a disgrace to your profession, and I'd rather not speak to you.

I'm sure on a personal level you're a very nice person, because I do believe that most people are basically good. When you decide to be a human being, and start thinking objectively, then we can talk. Until then, since you obviously wish to play the part of the industry professional, I will continue to request that you don't address me, and will attack your qualifications and credentials when you do.

In short, go away and get a new job for the good of all man kind.
Human beings don't ignore science, advocate in favor of dangerous and infectious diseases or call themselves objective when they have an obvious agenda.

Autism is a genetic illness that used to be called mental retardation or learning disabilities. You need to get over that fact and stop demanding that others refrain from necessary public health measures. For the good of all mankind get another thesis. Or even better another hobby. Tetanus, hib, hep b, pertussis, measles and other vaccine preventable diseases are NOT supposed to be on your side.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Dees Illustration Artwork (http://www.sl-webs.com/deesillustration/artwork.asp?arrowphoto=245&cat=politics - broken link)

Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Dees Illustration Artwork (http://www.sl-webs.com/deesillustration/artwork.asp?arrowphoto=245&cat=politics - broken link)

I'll see your picture and raise you five. WARNING: some are graphic.

File:Child with Smallpox Bangladesh.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Redirect Notice

Child in Iron Lung machine... | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingkongphoto/4443080533/ - broken link)

whooping cough template

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Hib/Photos

Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I'll raise you, too!

Christine Baze's Story

Plus much more:

Unprotected People Reports about Vaccine-Preventable Diseases: Accounts of Suffering and Loss

Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Closed until one of the regular mods can review it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies